Superior Management Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Superior Management Solutions Reviews

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Not a job if you love what you do!"

Current Employee - Entry Level/Management Training Program in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Entry Level/Management Training Program in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Base pay plus high commissions. Great Management Training Program from an experienced Manager.

Cons

You get rejections from customers who aren't interested in your product.... Just like with any other employers

Advice to Management

Management is great! Willing to teach every employee, constant team building, and high rewards for hard workers. This company teaches lessons that translate into any other business/career.

"LOL. no."

Former Employee - "Account Manager" in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - "Account Manager" in Roseville, MN

I worked at Superior Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff. That's about it. I'd post more "pros" to the position, but the job ads and interviews are extremely misleading and everything turned negative quickly.

Cons

long hours and no fair pay in return. travel (that is mandatory) is not compensated at all. Also, people are scheduled full-time hours and OT without benefits. Filled with "Type A" salespeople who all listen to give a response, rather than to actually hear you. Everyone that works there just likes the sound of their own voices. Super misleading on all fronts.

Advice to Management

Stop posting one thousand job ads with different titles and indirect "responsibilities." Just be up front and describe it as a sales role. It's not marketing. Do you even know the actual difference between sales and marketing strategies, audiences, objectives and scopes? Revise your hiring strategy. Stop trying to bring a billion interviews in and focus on appealing to people who would actually enjoy entry level sales, you'll have less turnover! Business relationships with employees and with customers start from a foundation of trust and respect. The only people you hire are "car salesman" types, who honestly drive a large customer base away. Try hiring people with more of a focus on excellent service than the drive to make a sale.
    Also, stop telling your staff to write positive glassdoor reviews. That's really horrible business practice.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

There were no pros for this job.

Cons

This job is a pyramid scheme

Advice to Management

None.

"Definitely not for everybody. High turnover rate for those unable to perform. Employees are expendable."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Superior Management Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenges of performing on the job and of facing the constant rejection of sales greatly strengthened me as a person. I will look back highly (if not fondly) on the experience.

Cons

Pressures of selling every day. The redundancy of the actual work. Very few people actually make it to the next level and the rewards for those seem unclear, despite their constant and repeated demonstrations of the financial gains.

Advice to Management

There is really no way to improve management/HR in third-party sales organizations. It is meant to be "wolf with sheep's skin."

"NO BETTER PLACE THEN HOME"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Superior Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at SMS. It is the most family oriented business I have ever worked for. You do have to earn you position, but once you make the cut, it has been the best experience in my life. I have a Team leader that went out and lead by example. I just graduated from from the U of M, and I was extremely nervous about sales and marketing. I have not only surpassed the expectations, but I was just promoted to Team leadership my self! you could pay me a quarter of what I make, and I would still do this. We are very well paid at SMS. We make a Base plus commissions. My last check was for $1391.

Cons

YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE REJECTION! Do not apply if you are not up for a challenge.

Advice to Management

I would like for the Team leaders to have more dinners with there crews that they are developing

6. "I wouldn't do ANYTHING else!!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Roseville, MN

Pros

I like working here because the atmosphere is unbelievable! I started and wasn't sure I could do it, but they trained me everything I needed to know and now I'm doing great. They treat me like a part of their family. The opportunity they have given me is something I thought I would never have. I am excited to see where this growing company will take me!

Cons

Have to be willing to work hard

Advice to Management

Be more selective with employees

7. "LOVED THE EXPERIENCE"

Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Roseville, MN

I worked at Superior Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere. we had so many challenges. It was fast paced in which for my summer internship, I learned so much. I never did sales and marketing before, but with the way the training program works I picked it up with in 5 days from starting. I made it to the leadership phase, and I just started to train. The only reason I am parting ways is because I am going back for my senior year at the U of M. I can not wait to return after my graduation! This was a game changer!!!

Cons

You have to be able to deal with rejection. If you are scared to make mistakes, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the Help!!!!

"Work how others wont now, so you cant live how others cant later"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Roseville, MN

I worked at Superior Management Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had no experience coming into this company, the manager sat me down in my interview and told me that if I was willing to work for him, he was willing to work for me. He gave me the proper training and tools needed to see success. It is a position that is really dependent on your own drive and motivation and that fit well with what I wanted

Cons

You are held accountable for your goals. If you set a goal, the team drives you to ensure that you reach them. Not neccessarily a negative but you msut be willing to take coaching and mentorship.

Advice to Management

Sean was my manager, he is a high energy intense leader but one of the best I have seen at recognizing and developing talent to its full potential.

9. "Fun Workplace, High Volume Pay"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Superior Management Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My boss and co-workers were all GREAT. I definitely learned a lot, and developed skills in marketing and customer service. Their management training program has given me the tools to be successful in my professional life. 100% promotion from within the company and zero seniority.

Cons

If you are someone who needs constant supervision, then this job isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing, we have been expanding at a constant rate. We have great opportunities available to all of us.

10. "No Better Chance for FAST Advancement than here!"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Roseville, MN

I worked at Superior Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team that has been hired there has been incredible! My team leader helped me through the beginning phases of the business and the CEO cared for each and every person in the office. The only reason I am leaving the company is because I have an opportunity to move to NYC for one year and after that year I plan to apply for the position again because this business allows you the opportunity to control your own destiny. You can earn as much as want by keeping a positive attitude and putting in the hard work. I was promoted after just 5 weeks from entry-level to team leader. Jump on the chance to grow not only as a employer, not employee, but as a person as well.

Cons

You will put in quite a few hours and you may drive a little bit each day.