Superior Management Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun experience. Exciting enviornment!"

I worked at Superior Management Solutions part-time

Pros

I went in for a first round interview and the hiring manager had great energy and was really motivating. I was intrigued right away. The interview went well, he explained the job duties of the job, flexible hours, and also the pay.

Cons

Unfortunately I was not offered the position. But I apprecciated them taking the time to interview me. It was a good experience

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all the positive energy of everyone there! I felt extremely welcome

"LOL. no."

Former Employee - "Account Manager" in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - "Account Manager" in Roseville, MN

I worked at Superior Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff. That's about it. I'd post more "pros" to the position, but the job ads and interviews are extremely misleading and everything turned negative quickly.

Cons

long hours and no fair pay in return. travel (that is mandatory) is not compensated at all. Also, people are scheduled full-time hours and OT without benefits. Filled with "Type A" salespeople who all listen to give a response, rather than to actually hear you. Everyone that works there just likes the sound of their own voices. Super misleading on all fronts.

Advice to Management

Stop posting one thousand job ads with different titles and indirect "responsibilities." Just be up front and describe it as a sales role. It's not marketing. Do you even know the actual difference between sales and marketing strategies, audiences, objectives and scopes? Revise your hiring strategy. Stop trying to bring a billion interviews in and focus on appealing to people who would actually enjoy entry level sales, you'll have less turnover! Business relationships with employees and with customers start from a foundation of trust and respect. The only people you hire are "car salesman" types, who honestly drive a large customer base away. Try hiring people with more of a focus on excellent service than the drive to make a sale.
    Also, stop telling your staff to write positive glassdoor reviews. That's really horrible business practice.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

There were no pros for this job.

Cons

This job is a pyramid scheme

Advice to Management

None.

4. "Not a job if you love what you do!"

Current Employee - Entry Level/Management Training Program in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Entry Level/Management Training Program in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Base pay plus high commissions. Great Management Training Program from an experienced Manager.

Cons

You get rejections from customers who aren't interested in your product.... Just like with any other employers

Advice to Management

Management is great! Willing to teach every employee, constant team building, and high rewards for hard workers. This company teaches lessons that translate into any other business/career.

"They lie about hours/pay!"

Pros

People were friendly
    They had paid training

Cons

They lied about hours in the interview. They told me specific weekend hours, and when I joined, they said that it had changed to longer hours.
    I didn't know anybody, but the supervisor who had worked there for more that a few weeks
    They make you drive to their office, to the store, and back, which adds up in gas and mileage, but they don't compensate for it at all. I'd say it was 40+ extra minuted of driving per day.

"Not good."

Pros

- Pay is relatively high
    - Clearly state what the job is about

Cons

- You stand in a retail store (Sam's Club, Walmart, etc.) and sell DirecTV subscriptions to customers.
    - Hours are different (Noon to 8 pm)

7. "Chicken Pot Pie"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant

I have been working at Superior Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working with this company for 9 months now and wish I would have found this job sooner. The atmosphere of this place is beyond awesome. The people are all so happy to come to work which in return makes you happy to be there too. I've moved up 2 times in that time frame and never want to leave now because the people here reward you tremendously for your hard work so it really does pay off.

Cons

Like I said I've been here 9 months and wish I would have found it sooner. So I have no cons to this position.

Advice to Management

As hard as this may be to believe, the management is amazing. Its stressed that you have to take accountability for yourself. Which I love in a company, I hate that feeling of you busting your butt and someone else gets to slack or another takes that credit from you. So everyone is accountable for what they do and don't do. The management makes sure that you do have that accountability on you at all times. This to me is the best part of the position.

"Definitely not for everybody. High turnover rate for those unable to perform. Employees are expendable."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Superior Management Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenges of performing on the job and of facing the constant rejection of sales greatly strengthened me as a person. I will look back highly (if not fondly) on the experience.

Cons

Pressures of selling every day. The redundancy of the actual work. Very few people actually make it to the next level and the rewards for those seem unclear, despite their constant and repeated demonstrations of the financial gains.

Advice to Management

There is really no way to improve management/HR in third-party sales organizations. It is meant to be "wolf with sheep's skin."

"NO BETTER PLACE THEN HOME"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Roseville, MN

Pros

I love working at SMS. It is the most family oriented business I have ever worked for. You do have to earn you position, but once you make the cut, it has been the best experience in my life. I have a Team leader that went out and lead by example. I just graduated from from the U of M, and I was extremely nervous about sales and marketing. I have not only surpassed the expectations, but I was just promoted to Team leadership my self! you could pay me a quarter of what I make, and I would still do this. We are very well paid at SMS. We make a Base plus commissions. My last check was for $1391.

Cons

YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE REJECTION! Do not apply if you are not up for a challenge.

Advice to Management

I would like for the Team leaders to have more dinners with there crews that they are developing

10. "I wouldn't do ANYTHING else!!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Roseville, MN

Pros

I like working here because the atmosphere is unbelievable! I started and wasn't sure I could do it, but they trained me everything I needed to know and now I'm doing great. They treat me like a part of their family. The opportunity they have given me is something I thought I would never have. I am excited to see where this growing company will take me!

Cons

Have to be willing to work hard

Advice to Management

Be more selective with employees