Superior Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen M. Cors

1. "As went the economy, so did the mortgage industry"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Tuckerton, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Tuckerton, NJ

I worked at Superior Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with some really nice people at Superior Mortgage.

Cons

Not so much a downside of the company, as it was the downside of the economy during the recent recession. Mortgage business dropped off at Superior, like it did everywhere else at the time. When business dropped off, so did my income and soon afterwards, my job went away.

Advice to Management

In 2012, the company was sold off to a larger mortgage company. Another sign of the times.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Hammonton, NJ
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Hammonton, NJ

Pros

very good products and great support system

Cons

too many work emails and administrative work

Advice to Management

concentrate more on selling and less on conference calls and meetings.

3. "Superior Mortgage, opportunity to be paid by your own perfromance"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

you are paid by commission so it is a pay by performance company. The benefits are excellent. Great dental, medical, and 401k program. I am not sure if the company matches on your 401k. The people you work with are professional and outgoing. They do their best to help everyone succeed. There is plenty of coacking and eduction to help you with your job

Cons

You have to work late and you are not salaried so difficult to know your income. You do have alot of meetings depending on which branch you work at. The mortgage market today is a difficult one to predict so income may be light at this juncture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You have excellent communication with employees and let everyone know what the current situation is and how management is handling the problems

5. "Self Driven"

Pros

This office allows for growth and expansion, personal development and has understanding co-workers. Because of its structure you are able to make more than you would here over other companies, this has its own challenges.

Cons

It is a growing company whose structure is changing. It causes difficulty when attempting to advance in a particular area. Training is not something heavily invested in, you must push yourself if you are to succeed.

Advice to Management

There is much to say, none of which I am qualified to comment on. So here is some space to fill this up, as I am not allowed to continue without filling it out. I am not comfortable advising people when I do not have the experience to.

6. "Good Company Bad Time"

Current Employee - Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Loan Officer

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

Mortgage industry stinks and the benefits are expensive

Advice to Management

Good job keeping the company afloat