Supplemental Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Supplemental Health Care President and CEO Lesa Francis
Lesa Francis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I've always been encouraged to keep a work/life balance and never pressured to not take time off or anything" (in 9 reviews)

• "SHC is a great company to work for" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management can be incredibly immature" (in 14 reviews)

• "Would like more work/life balance" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A True People Company!"

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time

Pros

Extremely genuine team with aligned passions to provide quality healthcare to our clients! Leadership gets it and it is so refreshing to be heard and valued!

Cons

They do have some of the typical growing pains of companies in this space but are making changes needed to drive the future of the organization.

Advice to Management

Keep up your great work!

Jan 26, 2018 – Accountability and Experience Specialist

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm glad you like your team and the leadership team will appreciate your praise. We are dedicated to providing excellent care and, like you said, continually... More

2. "Staffing Manager"

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time

Pros

I am so excited to be a part of this team. Great leadership an family oriented. I am new to the company but already feel like a part of the team. Everyone has been very helpful. Looking forward to working for such a great company.

Cons

a little bit of a further drive

Jul 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so excited to have you on our team!

3. "Enjoyed SHC While I Was There"

Former Employee - Management in Park City, UT
    Former Employee - Management in Park City, UT

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Former Sr. Team was amazing and I was saddened when they left. Learned a lot from them and the culture was incredibly motivating. Company was in major growth mode and everyone worked hard towards making Presidents Club each year and traveling to tropical locations for a couple of days of fun, relaxation and pampering for all your hard work and efforts.

Cons

Many good people have either left or have been laid off and the culture is not quite the same which saddens me. People I've spoken to or who have reached out to me are unhappy. Turnover is not good and has a negative effect on not just business but also morale.

Advice to Management

Employees want to feel they are listened to and need to feel valued. Recognition and appreciation is key to bring back what was once a great culture. It's starts from the top.

Jul 10, 2018

Thank you very much for your honest review. There have been a lot of changes in the past few years but our ICARE core values remain. We want to ensure that all of our employees feel heard and... More

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company exudes compassion and ethical values at all levels of management to entry-level departments. "Worry Less, Care More" is truly how Supplemental Healthcare operates their company. I have personally, never been so valued before as an employee and treated like a human being and not just a number. This company is extremely fair and the benefits are great! Very flexible with scheduling and i'm able to balance personal life and work life productively. I love this company! I been with the company for a year and plan on staying.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Jun 6, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are happy to have you on the team and look forward to many more years working with you.

"Don’t waste your time with this Company"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Raceland, LA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Raceland, LA

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing is good about this company

Cons

All they care about is money. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. I did a travel contract with them and worked more hours on the contract than what was required over the 13 weeks with overtime that I worked. On my last week my 90 year old mother got sick requiring me to miss one day. The only day I missed on the entire contract, but despite working more hours that what was required on the contract they docked my final paycheck almost $400.00. If you take the housing option they will charge you a $500 deposit which is deducted from your pay and not refundable until after the contract ends, but they will not tell you about it until right before the contract starts. Very unethical. On one Friday my paycheck did not arrive. My recruiter Doug was one of the worst that I have ever dealt with. Save yourself some headaches and don’t waste your time with this company.

Jul 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We would like to extend to you our sincerest apologies for the challenges you have had with our organization. We want to assure you that what you have described is not in... More

"HR"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good hiring process with many touches made to ensure my sucess in the hiring pipeline

Cons

There are no cons as of yet!

Advice to Management

Keep investing, increasing and strengthening the training and growth for ALL segments of employees so they can flourish from day one.

Jun 1, 2018

Thank you for such a kind review. We are always working to make our hiring process and training better for everyone and are so thankful for your feedback. Welcome to the team, we are lucky to have... More

7. "Rn"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In between jobs, great recruiters, good pay

Cons

Long commute, long hours, unending paperwork when you get home

Advice to Management

You're doing great keep it up

Jun 18, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have had a good experience with our recruiters. Thanks again!

"Truly A great Position to Have"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is like a family , they all help you succeed to get to your next level. they do not allow you to give, get discouraged or quit.

Cons

it can be a little stressful at times, but it is needed.

Advice to Management

Keep being the great leaders that you truly are

May 21, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy to have you as part of the work family!

"Worst place I ever worked!"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to build relationships with clinicians and learn about the healthcare industry

Cons

Where to start? There is no opportunity for growth and there is CONSTANT drama. You cannot trust anyone there. Not only do they underpay their employees, but the bonus and commission structure is computed by an Excel spreadsheet that NO ONE can explain clearly. Unless you count, "We have people with Master's in Accounting who created the formula," as an explanation. They will change your bonus structure on little to no notice and you will have no idea why your paycheck is the amount it is. No consistency. There is so much politicking there it will make your head spin. I was miserable and constantly looking over my shoulder. One employee called HR TWICE on her manager and TWICE on her co-workers over the most ridiculous things and was promoted. There is zero loyalty and you are expected to work like a dog for little to no compensation. Steer clear of this TOXIC place! Managers are immature and will backstab you the moment they think it will make them look good or earn them points. Managers come in to work sick, get everybody else sick and then expect you to come into work sick. How does that make sense? This is the place where nightmares grow. I would feel sick every Sunday night going into Monday morning. The 1 on 1 meetings with your manager once per week are an opportunity for them to tell you the latest gossip, tell you how terrible you are at your job or generally make you feel like you are worthless. You'll feel sick going into those too. Optics are terrible and Managers frequently have to pull executive or senior leadership into one on one meetings because they are incapable of managing their own people. It is the worst place I have ever worked and I would not recommend the Staffing Manager role or any other position with this company. The advice is that we have to "convince people to do what they don't want to do." YIKES.

Advice to Management

There is nothing to say other than GROW UP and stop creating such a TOXIC work environment.

Jun 6, 2018

We appreciate your detailed feedback and are sorry to hear you had such a negative experience while working with us. We take all of our reviews seriously and will look into this further. It is... More

10. "SHC Employee Review"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Park City, UT

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great PTO plans and benefits, fairly flexible work environment.

Cons

Not much room for growth or career expansion, company values numbers/metrics more than anything else.

Jun 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. At Supplemental Health Care we aim to put our people first and encourage career growth. We are saddened to see that you have not had that kind of experience. If you would... More