Supplemental Health Care Reviews

Healthcare

9h

a

Counselor

Just started a new job as an LMHC 7 weeks ago. It’s fee for service. Was told during the interview I’d have a full caseload always and have more stable clients. However, I’ve been getting at least 1 no show/cancel per day and found out that I don’t get paid for it unless the client pays. Now with these no show / late cancels, I have less clients and no new intakes are being put in my schedule even though I’ve alerted the intake dept several times. Is it bad I want to leave already?

5 Comments

Healthcare

31.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Supplemental Health Care~311983
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Supplemental Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that has great foundations set for everyone to succeed

May 25, 2022 - Recruiter/Director in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came into this company without any recruiting experience and they provided me with a great support system from the learning/training dept. all the way to when I was assigned to a recruiting team. On the team that I'm a part of, we get along well, we're allowed to be honest, crack jokes, and still stick to business. Compensation is great. It's a good mix of base salary and commission bonuses, you get what you work for. Career opportunities for growth are also laid out for you and how you will be able to achieve them.

Cons

Competition in recruiting is always going to be there. There are a lot of recruiters and I can see how someone would fall through the cracks and feel discouraged, especially someone that just started.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Recruiting manager

Apr 28, 2022 - Recruiting Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people , excellent benefits and flexible time off.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about the company they do an excellent job training

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you so much for your review!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Looking out for bottom line

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

employees/colleagues have good personalities and get along well

Cons

Company only cares about the bottom line

Supplemental Health Care Response

We appreciate all of the reviews we receive and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience working with SHC. If you would be willing to email us at feedback@shccares.com we would greatly appreciate that.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great team environment!

Apr 26, 2022 - Senior Compliance Associate in Livonia, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work from home - Emphasis on work/life balance. Amazing manager and team to work with. Great support system. They recognize the hard work that the people behind the scenes are putting in and rewarding us. They are working hard to be inclusive & celebrate diversity. Career growth opportunities if you want them. They have been amazing during the pandemic - lot's of changes & some of them uncomfortable, but they always share the bigger picture so we can see what is coming.

Cons

No cons in relation to my current position.

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we're so lucky to have you as part of the SHC team!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast-Paced and KPI-Focused

Apr 26, 2022 - Recruiting Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- INCREDIBLE bonus structure - Transparent expectations - Constant communication - GREAT management - AWESOME culture - FANTASTIC training program and team that is always available - Really fun and inclusive work environment - Monday thru Friday work schedule

Cons

- extremely fast-paced - greatest success comes from putting in extra work outside of normal business hours - meetings that could be emails - while bonus structure is incredible, the base salary could benefit from an increase

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you so much for your review, we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Recruiter

May 2, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good bonus structure, environment and co-workers

Cons

Bad management, low hourly base

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your review. If you are willing to provide more details about your experience with management while working at SHC to feedback@shccares.com we would greatly appreciate that. It is feedback like yours that allows us to improve.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Workplace

Apr 11, 2022 - Recruiting Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Don’t have any right now

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your review, we're happy to have you as part of the SHC team.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Payroll Supervisor

Apr 21, 2022 - Payroll Supervisor in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and flexibility.

Cons

Communication and constant change in policies.

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your review and feedback here.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

leadership

Apr 19, 2022 - Human Resources Recuriter in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus bi-weekly with salary residual

Cons

Leadership does not support work-life balance

Supplemental Health Care Response

We appreciate all reviews and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience working with SHC. If you would be willing to email us at feedback@shccares.com we would be very grateful.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Onboarding

Apr 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

SHC has a fantastic interviewing and onboarding process. They were constantly in contact with me and providing me with updates.

Cons

None so far. I just started.

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your wonderful review, we're so excited to have you as part of the SHC team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 461 Reviews

Supplemental Health Care Reviews FAQs

Supplemental Health Care has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 559 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Supplemental Health Care to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Supplemental Health Care employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Supplemental Health Care. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

88% of Supplemental Health Care employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Supplemental Health Care 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Supplemental Health Care to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership .

Popular Careers with Supplemental Health Care Job Seekers