Supplemental Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Lesa Francis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Co-workers are nice to work with, good work/life balance, nurses are fantastic to work with (in 6 reviews)

• Great company to work with as a Traveling PT (in 7 reviews)

Cons

"Why I continue to work for them"

Current Employee - Agency RN in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Agency RN in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is lots of job hours flexibility and fairly decent hourly pay for what I have to do. Their agents are helpful and seem supportive of my needs.The agents also follow up with scheduled assignments to make sure there are no mixups with assignments. They've supported my personal needs and I'm sure will continue to do so!

Cons

There's always a downside when any nurse works for an agency. Basicly that means that if you're not needed that day then you're canceled. That means if you don't work you don't get paid.

Advice to Management

It is what it is.....can't give any advice.

2. "Above & beyond advocation for employees!"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant in Concord, CA

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great recruiters with excellent output of their hardwork. They'll get you assignments & they'll work hard to make sure you're happy!

Cons

Difficult at times when census is low to find assignments nearby but if you're willing to drive a bit they can usually get you hours somewhere!

Advice to Management

None.

3. "Great experience for almost 10 years with SHC!"

Current Employee - Director in Merriam, KS
    Current Employee - Director in Merriam, KS

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company takes care of performers and is very core value driven. I have been here almost 10 years!

Cons

I do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Management is fantastic and has always been supportive and they do a a great job of rewarding hard workers and performers

"100% Wonderful"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supplemental Health Care always strives to be the best in every facet it can. From the top down there is an accountability that we maintain to provide the absolute best patient care by hiring only the top tier field talent. It's a wonderful feeling each morning to wake up and know you are working for a CEO and company that loves what they do.

Cons

SHC is very email oriented and there is really no way of tracking all the open job orders live time unless the job falls into one of our MSPs. If the jobs were all housed in one location for the entire country, it would have to raise the amount of submissions which in turn would increase the amount of placements being made.

Advice to Management

Motivate the travel and local markets to have a more symbiotic relationship. Illustrate how we are on the same team and while we compete, we are not their competition.

"GREAT company to work for"

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits such as 401(k) match, PTO, health insurance, pet insurance, and even discounts on hotels. Managers really care about you as a person and truly want to see you succeed.

Cons

I can't think of any

6. "Great company with excellent leadership and values."

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, management cares about your future and success in the company, room for advancement, core values are exceptional

Cons

Recruiting can be a bit stressful, but that is true at any recruiting job!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work-I would like to see the company get into charitable work-whether it be local or nationwide-giving back is important and can be great teambuilding experiences

7. "Positive work environment. Employees share company values."

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Your hard work pays off! you have plenty of support.

Cons

None. very happy with SHC

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the support and motivation!

8. "Growth and Success"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Ambler, PA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Ambler, PA

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SHC is built to help employees and clients succeed. Corporate employees are able to be promoted quickly and frequently. My management team (Dallas) has made it easy to learn from my mistakes and grow into a better, more efficient Recruiter, with other options always available

Cons

As a Recruiter, my success is partially subject to the talent I work with and whether they are marketable or fully committed to moving forward.

Advice to Management

Investing in a training program to make newly graduated RNs more marketable.

"Feels Like Family"

Current Employee - Corporate in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Corporate in Park City, UT

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is definitely a culture of caring in this organization. From the top down, it's obvious that people care about you as a person, and want to see you succeed. The pay and benefits are great, and if you're motivated, there are always opportunities to advance. I feel like anyone, at any time, can call up the CEO or a member of the senior management team to discuss an issue, and that they would absolutely listen and take action. That's definitely not typical for an organization this size.

Cons

They are not always willing to get rid of under-performering employees, and employees that do not fit the culture.

Advice to Management

If someone can't cut it, coach them, but be willing to cut ties if it's just not working. It is very de-motivating for those that work hard to see others skate by and take advantage of the caring nature of this organization.

"Empowering Culture!"

Current Employee - RPO Division in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - RPO Division in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful corporate atmostphere - feel empowered to contribute, collaborate and make the right decisions. Upper level management very invoved with front-line service team. Support and resources provided to get the job done.

Cons

Smaller organization versus some competitors. Opening new divisions and growing quickly.