Found 32 of over 711 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Horrible upper management." (in 18 reviews)
- "Base salary is low compared to industry standards but commission opportunity is significant." (in 9 reviews)
- "I'm sure the CEO and COO wouldn't be able to, but they have to protect their precious neck and steal from the people that makes it possible for SHC to even operate." (in 6 reviews)
- "High stress, long hours and constantly changing." (in 6 reviews)
- "The only downside I can see is the cost of medical benefits, although the benefits package as a whole is competitive." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Supplemental Health Care and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "everyone"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jul 24, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
My managers have always been very friendly and engaged. The benefits really are good for the industry. I've always been encouraged to keep a work/life balance and never pressured to not take time off or anything. I've advanced really quickly and have always felt like my boss wants me to grow and succeed. That's really all you can ask for in an employer.
If you're in a production role, you're in a production role. That's really stressful for a lot of people, and local managers might be filling production roles with the wrong personalities sometimes. Training is decent but could be more accessible. If both you and your manager are new and don't know who to ask for help, you could feel kind of abandoned just because the company is so decentralized geographically. I wish we had a more prescribed process for making sure everyone knew who to ask about what.1
- 5.0Dec 15, 2022Helpdesk TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBuffalo, NY
Everyone is very nice and easy to work with
Need more holidays at the companySupplemental Health Care Response11mo
Thank you for your kind review, we're lucky to have you as part of the SHC team.
- 5.0Oct 19, 2017Recruiting ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBuffalo, NY
Upon entering the company I could tell that this was going to be the best culture that I've worked in. Everyone has been extremely helpful .
I haven't come across any real cons yet. I'm just anxious to make money.Supplemental Health Care Response7y
Thank you for the encouraging review! It's great to hear that your journey through our hiring process was enjoyable. Welcome to the Supplemental Health Care team. Best of luck to you!
- 5.0Oct 2, 2017Recruiting ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBuffalo, NY
Everyone is so helpful. It's easy to talk to everyone and ask questions it's a very competitive environment but everyone is happy to assist you in anyway they can.
None at the moment check back in a few months.Supplemental Health Care Response7y
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying being part of our team and that you're receiving all the help you need. I look forward to hearing more about your experience with us in a few months. Thanks again!
- 5.0Jan 16, 2019Client Services ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearFort Worth, TX
Truly welcoming environment. Thorough new hire training. Fun and energetic co-workers and office staff! Everyone is helpful and gives a 'family' type of feel. Easy access to any and all information you could need for your job. Work/Balance is important to everyone here. Everyone is focused and driven towards common goals, no fighting against each other.
There are none I have seen.Supplemental Health Care Response5y
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are all happy to have you as part of the SHC family!
- 5.0Jul 2, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
I am so excited to be a part of this team. Great leadership an family oriented. I am new to the company but already feel like a part of the team. Everyone has been very helpful. Looking forward to working for such a great company.
a little bit of a further driveSupplemental Health Care Response6y
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so excited to have you on our team!
- 5.0Feb 10, 2022Recruiting ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
SHC offers a great work environment making it easy to collaborate with team members. Everyone is super nice and helpful and are always willing to help you to become a successful recruiter.
Salary pay for internal employees could be higher.Supplemental Health Care Response2y
Thank you for your positive review. We're lucky and grateful to have you as part of the SHC team!
- 5.0Nov 15, 2021Junior IT Analyst Level-1Current Employee, less than 1 yearPark City, UT
Everyone is so positive and up beat. My IT team is absolutely amazing! Joining SHC is one of the best decisions I have made in my life!
So far they're are no cons!Supplemental Health Care Response3y
Thank you for your wonderful review, we're so glad you chose to work with us and are lucky to have you as part of the SHC team!
- 1.0Sep 27, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Putting good people to work.
They have 'CORE Values' they claim are important - totally out the window when it comes to morals and ethics. Everyone in upper management would rather make a dollar than take care of great employees. You could potentially be lied to straight to your face if they want you to keep making them money.1