KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Supplemental Health Care

Engaged Employer

Supplemental Health Care

Add a Review

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Sep 17, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "pay is good and competitive(in 39 reviews)
  • "benefits are good(in 28 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and Team Environment(in 17 reviews)
  • "They held a great training so I felt more than comfortable with the position.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Great people(in 15 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Supplemental Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supplemental Health Care Review

Sep 28, 2017 - Payroll Specialist in North Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am a current employee and so far this is the best place I have ever worked. I'm surrounded by great, friendly people. Management is helpful and very understanding. There is a great life/work balance that I have. Great perks/benefits (the best I've ever seen). Fantastic place to be!

Cons

The only con I can think of (If I had to pick SOMETHING) would be the noise level some times and that is only because we have an open floor and the departments are not divided. The payroll side has to stay focused and noise free but the staffing side has to make cold calls constantly and there is no division in the office. That is the only thing I could complain about IF I had to be picky.

Accountability and Experience Specialist

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Supplemental Health Care. It's great to hear that you're enjoying your time with us. It's fine to be picky, we like to hear about anything that we can work on. Thank you again!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay Company Overall, Salary Was Too Low

Oct 18, 2019 - Software Engineer in Park City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super flexible hours, my direct manager was fantastic. Opportunity to learn new technologies, opportunity to own your own projects. Awesome coworkers.

Cons

All of the engineers aren’t paid enough for the amount of work they put in. The company culture is a bit outdated. Most of the upper management didn’t care enough about the large amounts of technical debt.

Supplemental Health Care Response

We appreciate your honest feedback and will make sure to get this information to the appropriate people within SHC. It is feedback like yours that provides us with the information we need to continue to improve.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

HR Nightmare

Jun 27, 2017 - Staffing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Company offers a good bonus structure.

Cons

*HR violations abound. Discrimination, inappropriate language and topics discussed loudly in the office. *Management doesn't treat employees very well *Upper management turns a blind eye to discrimination and inappropriate behavior if the perpetrator brings in revenue. *Base salary if low for the industry. *I was repeatedly asked to forge documents

2 people found this review helpful

Digital Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Supplemental Health Care. Your concerns are substantial, and we take them very seriously. What you mentioned are not the values by which Supplemental Health Care operates and we would like to address your concerns. Please reach out to us at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com if you would like to provide us with further details. We appreciate your comments and thank you for sharing them.

4. 4.0
    Former Contractor

N/A

Jun 18, 2020 - Medical Assistant in Napa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management was approachable and hands-on

Cons

Was unable to renew the contract

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your review. We're glad to have been able to work with you and hope to again in the future.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Supplemental Hellcare

Sep 11, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large infrastructure of clients and business partners

Cons

Senior management was very uncaring and callous. Out of touch with reality of ins and outs of the various divisions

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not for me!

Jun 15, 2014 - Recruiting Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of management is approachable and easy to get along with

Cons

Comprehensive training could have been better. Training is lengthy but not interactive enough. Work -life balance could be better.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Culture

Aug 3, 2020 - Staffing Manager in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is amazing. Management and the rest of the office made me feel like part of the family right away. Plenty of room for growth within the company and an excellent commission structure.

Cons

Below average compensation for nurses and allied professionals making it much more difficult to recruit/retain talent.

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you so much for your kind review, we are lucky to have had you as part of the SHC team!

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Politics abound

Oct 1, 2017 - Recruiting Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed work schedule Fun co-workers Company parties (well, used to be) Direct supervisor was great. Meeting individuals from across the country.

Cons

If you aren't a 'top producer' you are unimportant and constantly expendable. Micromanagement is the overwhelming theme here Losing the old president was the moment this company took a turn for the worse. She was loved by everyone and cared about everyone. New management and one of the VPs turned the company into something it never was. Family feel was lost for a corporate disaster. Everything is about the bottom line now. Even nurses are not paid as well, or treated with nice gifts, as well as other travel nursing companies. It became increasingly difficult to sell nurses on a company that offered less and less. If nurse recruiting is your 'thing' look elsewhere. Plenty of options, many that are far easier to work for.

3 people found this review helpful

Accountability and Experience Specialist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time with Supplemental Health Care. We really appreciate receiving feedback as we’re always looking for ways to improve. It’s disappointing to learn that you feel we aren’t putting people first. That is not what we strive for. If you have anything else you would like to tell us, please email me at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com. Thanks again for sharing.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of support

Feb 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large company so there are a lot of resources. Local management is attentive and open to suggestions. Willing to try multiple things in order to get employees were they want to be. Great pay, but they make you work for it.

Cons

Sometimes feel like you're fighting with co-workers for territory and talent. Management can have a "one size fits all" approach to addressing issues. Could so better at being proactive.

Accountability and Experience Specialist

Thank you for telling us about your experience so far at Supplemental Health Care. It's great to hear that you feel supported by your management and that you're fairly compensated. I'd like to know more about the areas you think management is lacking and how you think it can be addressed. Please send me an email at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com. Thanks again for your review.

10. 2.0