KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Supplemental Health Care

Engaged Employer

Supplemental Health Care

Add a Review

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews about "supplemental"

Updated Jul 30, 2021

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "pay is good and competitive(in 38 reviews)
  • "benefits are good(in 26 reviews)
  • "GREAT management(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and Team Environment(in 16 reviews)
  • "They held a great training so I felt more than comfortable with the position.(in 15 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Supplemental Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "supplemental"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Amazing Company

Jul 30, 2021 - Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company - great people making connections that fuel miracles!!

Cons

There are no cons working for Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your wonderful review!

2. 5.0

Great Company!

Jul 29, 2021 - Recruiting Director in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company offers competitive pay, flexibility to work from home or in the office, and if one branch of the company doesn't work for you, they will help you find a different area to work in to keep you with the company. They also offer great incentives such as anniversary bonuses, holiday bonuses, and weekly/monthly lunches. There is SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY to move up in the company.

Cons

No cons that I can think of at this time for Supplemental Healthcare. Some people may not like how long it may take to start receiving your first bonus check.

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your kind review. We're so lucky to have you as part of the SHC family!

3. 5.0

Excellent facility

Jun 30, 2021 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Binghamton, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great schedule,excellent recruiter ,long term contracts

Cons

There aren't any negatives I can say about supplemental health care

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are lucky to have you as part of the SHC team.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Caring Workplace.

Aug 26, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees at Supplemental Health Care really care about each other! At Supplemental Health Care you work closely with others and develop a close bond both personally and professionally.

Cons

The company is extremely slow to adapt in the marketplace. Competitors are faster, better equipped and better positioned to take advantages of the new technology and emerging markets. Supplemental acts like individual franchises as opposed to unified company which leads to mundane results and at times a frustrating work environmental where the "system" actually perpetuates a poor bottom line leading to underwhelming compensation, especially for those in supporting roles.

5. 1.0

The Worst Place To Work

Nov 5, 2018 - Staffing Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a paycheck.. a paycheck you could earn elsewhere but it’s a paycheck.

Cons

I don’t even know where to start! 1. The true Supplemental way- if someone complains about something, ask them to ignore it. If it’s broken, let it be. Don’t fix it. 2. If your employees are asking for a raise or even new desks around the office, ignore them until they stop asking!! 3. Very very high turnover, not surprising because management doesn’t care about employees 4. Only 6 holidays off so of course it’s quite motivating for employees to be at work the day after thanksgiving or even on Christmas Eve! 5. No holiday parties, no fun bonding activities, no team events, nothing. 6. If you bring in money for the company, you’re invincible. You could kill someone and get away with it. 7. No career growth 8. If you want a raise or a promotion, you must put together a 10 page essay describing why you deserve it and then follow up with management for weeks, just for them to come back and say “it’s the end of the quarter and we can’t approve it” 9. Just a general lack of care by upper management. They’ve put some real nut jobs in higher up positions and the idiocy trickles down. 10. They would rather spend money constantly training new people than trying to retain current employees

7 people found this review helpful

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your review. It is important to us that all of our employees feel supported and appreciated throughout their career with SHC. We take all of our reviews seriously and would like some additional detail on the specific issues you have mentioned here, if you are willing please email us at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com. Thank you again for providing the information we need in order to continue to improve our business.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exceptional Customer and Talent focused organization always looking to do what it takes to positively impact communities

Nov 12, 2013 - Client Services Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have kept up with technology trends to help their clients, talent providers, and employees be the most effective and efficient they can be. There is a great company culture and atmosphere that starts from both the top down, as well as from the bottom up because of who they look to hire.

Cons

As Supplemental Health Care continues to grow, attention must be paid to publishing thought leading articles and data pieces that with gain more industry attention for the hard and productive work the organization does year round.

7. 2.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Make sure and read your contract very well...company is a little shady

Nov 19, 2012 - Speech-Language Pathologist in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible for SLPs who want per diem or part time work; they will meet standard per diem rate of $55/hour

Cons

not enough work for full time SLP in Las Vegas; competition clause that no one tells you about until after you have hired on: you must wait 6 months after working at a facility through Supplemental if you wish to apply for a per diem, part time, or full time job with that facility; the travel therapy dept. is terrible - lied about open positions in cities, put very shady items in contract (ex: if facility cannot give you 40 hrs work/week, you will pay Supplemental $20/hr for every hour under 40 hours not worked) !!! I read that in the contract and told them to "stuff it where the sun don't shine"... trust me... not a good company to work for... they have a very high turnover rate for a reason

8. 5.0

OTR

Nov 25, 2016 - OTR in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an entry-level therapist I posted my resume online and was swarmed with job offers from recruiters. Eventually I learned that some recruiters did not have my best interests in mind. Supplemental Health Care was a God send. Megan helped me navigate the new and confusing world of occupational therapy travel positions. Even after I signed with a different company, Supplemental continued to support me, offer me advice, and touched base periodically. I cannot say enough positive things about the values and ethics of this company. I would recommend Megan personally if you are interested in a trustworthy recruiter. Best of luck everyone!

Cons

I was very impressed with Supplemental Healthcare, however in the end I signed with a private company whom was not using a recruiter.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee

Employees are left paying the expenses, and they are lowest paying company...

Dec 23, 2014 - Travel Nurse in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros. This company is very disorganized and LAZY

Cons

The recruiting staff do not tell you about all of your clinical assignment expenses up front and once you sign a contract you are locked in. It is $2400.00 to break your contract once you have signed. You have to pay for your own housing, parking, and expenses. All other agencies provide housing or give a stipend to cover ALL of your expenses with very little coming out of your pocket. Other agencies cover all of your expenses when you travel, to include a great salary. Supplemental is the lowest paying travel nurse agency out there. You have to have money just to go make money if you are dealing with this company, because you are stuck with EVERYTHING.

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A company that is going places!!

Nov 12, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supplemental Health Care wants the best for internal staff, clients and therapists, Nurses, MD's, etc. that they work with. They will move mountains to find a solution.

Cons

Only con is 'change' - which is in all jobs. Supplemental gives the tools to accompany changes needed to remain the best in the market.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews