KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Supplemental Health Care

Engaged Employer

Supplemental Health Care

Add a Review

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews about "training"

Updated Sep 17, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "pay is good and competitive(in 39 reviews)
  • "benefits are good(in 28 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and Team Environment(in 17 reviews)
  • "They held a great training so I felt more than comfortable with the position.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Great people(in 15 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Supplemental Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0

SHC Cares A Bit

Apr 27, 2020 - Staffing Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have and awesome training Program

Cons

Yearly pay increases seem to be a foreign concept

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your review. We'd love to hear some more detail from you about your experience working here at SHC. If you'd be willing to send additional information to feedback@shccares.com we would appreciate that.

2. 3.0

First recruiting job

Mar 22, 2021 - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training was thorough but it was still tough to stay on top of things changing throughout the pandemic.

Cons

Very heavy load on recruiters. I know other people who have worked in recruiting for other companies that delegate task way more efficiently so recruiters can focus on recruiting.

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your review. This past year has been a rollercoaster of changes and we appreciate your honest feedback. We'd like to continue this conversation to determine where you feel you could use more support. If you are willing we'd love to hear more from you at feedback@shccares.com.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that has great foundations set for everyone to succeed

May 25, 2022 - Recruiter/Director in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came into this company without any recruiting experience and they provided me with a great support system from the learning/training dept. all the way to when I was assigned to a recruiting team. On the team that I'm a part of, we get along well, we're allowed to be honest, crack jokes, and still stick to business. Compensation is great. It's a good mix of base salary and commission bonuses, you get what you work for. Career opportunities for growth are also laid out for you and how you will be able to achieve them.

Cons

Competition in recruiting is always going to be there. There are a lot of recruiters and I can see how someone would fall through the cracks and feel discouraged, especially someone that just started.

1 person found this review helpful

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you so much for your review and we're so glad to have you as part of the SHC team!

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not for me!

Jun 15, 2014 - Recruiting Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of management is approachable and easy to get along with

Cons

Comprehensive training could have been better. Training is lengthy but not interactive enough. Work -life balance could be better.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0

Good Job, not a career

Nov 25, 2012 - Recruiting Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment Access to training and development Most employees work well together

Cons

Hands off management at branch levels Over promise under deliver Not much career growth

6. 2.0

Do not do it

Nov 28, 2016 - Staffing Manager/Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent base salary, good office environment, everyone seems nice. Benefits are ok but nothing extraordinary. Training is all online modules but extensive and thorough.

Cons

Very numbers-based company, hit your goal or you're out before the typical probationary period. It takes time to build and maintain a solid pipeline but upper management wants revenue and starts or else you are cut. Very bad micromanagement when business is bad with no help offered.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible care and appreciation for their employees

Sep 23, 2019 - Senior Recruiting Coordinator in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay (houlry + a great bonus structure) Benefits - Insurance Appreciation day in and day out from your internal as well as external staff Constant support Tools, tools, tools! (You will always have the resources you need) The best on-boarding training I have ever had! (Thorough and fun) Positivity everywhere! Unbelievably understandable about personal life mishaps and making sure you don't fall behind.

Cons

I can honestly say that I don't have any complaints here and I'm a very blunt and up front person. This company is truly one that cares. I have issues with my health and I have never worked for a company that was so understanding and thoughtful.

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate all feedback and love to hear about what works in our local offices. We're lucky to have you as part of the SHC family!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Recruiting manager

Apr 28, 2022 - Recruiting Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people , excellent benefits and flexible time off.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about the company they do an excellent job training

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you so much for your review!

9. 5.0

Fast-Paced and KPI-Focused

Apr 26, 2022 - Recruiting Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- INCREDIBLE bonus structure - Transparent expectations - Constant communication - GREAT management - AWESOME culture - FANTASTIC training program and team that is always available - Really fun and inclusive work environment - Monday thru Friday work schedule

Cons

- extremely fast-paced - greatest success comes from putting in extra work outside of normal business hours - meetings that could be emails - while bonus structure is incredible, the base salary could benefit from an increase

1 person found this review helpful

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you so much for your review, we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

10. 4.0