KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Supplemental Health Care

Is this your company?

Supplemental Health Care

Add a Review

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 27, 2020

Found 22 of over 480 reviews

4.2
Supplemental Health Care CEO and Chairman of the Board Greg Palmer
Greg Palmer
Pros
  • "Overall a great company to work for(in 16 reviews)

• "Great people people to work with and a culture that supports family/work/life balance and the pursuit of excellence(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Most of the upper management didn’t care enough about the large amounts of technical debt(in 18 reviews)

• "Work life balance could be better :)(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Supplemental Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

5 Years and still loving it!

Oct 27, 2020 - Division Manager in Buffalo, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's not enough room for me to put all the pros in. I love the people I work with, both above and below me. I have been give the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. Looking forward to what is coming next for us all!

Cons

Work life balance could be better :)

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we are so lucky to have you as part of the SHC family!

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Used to be better

Oct 9, 2020 - Compliance Associate in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Medical benefits and time off

Cons

Hours, work life balance, and work environment

Supplemental Health Care Response

We're sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience working with SHC so far and would like some additional information. If you would be willing to send us some more detail on your experience with SHC to feedback@shccares.com, we would greatly appreciate that. It is feedback like yours that enables us to improve and support all of our employees.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Integrity, Growth and Fun

Sep 30, 2019 - Recruiter in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

SHC is a company that stands true to mission and vision. Great people people to work with and a culture that supports family/work/life balance and the pursuit of excellence.

Cons

I can't think of any

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your kind review. We are lucky to have you as part of the SHC family!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I have worked for Supplemental for 3 years, it's a great place to work!

Apr 3, 2019 - Speech Pathologist in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Placements have been great, I am always able to be placed, flexibility allows of home/work life balance, lots of support from staffing managers.

Cons

No payed vacation days or paid time off.

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your kind review! We are lucky to have you as part of the SHC team. We do have continuing education opportunities available, make sure to ask your staffing manager about our Supplemental University or shoot us an email at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com to let us know more about the kind of CEUs you are looking for.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great culture

Mar 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexiblity, great work/life balance, friendly environment

Cons

Sometimes lack of communication and detailed planning; last minute requests

Supplemental Health Care Response

Thank you for your review. We are always working to better communication throughout SHC and would love to get some specific feedback from you on your experience and what you think could be made better about internal communication. It is feedback like yours that helps us to continue to improve. Thank you again and we are lucky to have you as part of the team!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good team and lots of opportunity

Jul 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My managers have always been very friendly and engaged. The benefits really are good for the industry. I've always been encouraged to keep a work/life balance and never pressured to not take time off or anything. I've advanced really quickly and have always felt like my boss wants me to grow and succeed. That's really all you can ask for in an employer.

Cons

If you're in a production role, you're in a production role. That's really stressful for a lot of people, and local managers might be filling production roles with the wrong personalities sometimes. Training is decent but could be more accessible. If both you and your manager are new and don't know who to ask for help, you could feel kind of abandoned just because the company is so decentralized geographically. I wish we had a more prescribed process for making sure everyone knew who to ask about what.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great workplace

Dec 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Great work/life balance! Job satisfaction

Supplemental Health Care Response

We appreciate your kind review. We are happy to have you as part of the SHC family!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work.

Sep 14, 2017 - Bid Sourcer in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA, Optional[GA]
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful coworkers and quality managers. Awesome, inclusive environment. Diverse corporate culture. Amazing benefits. Abundant incentives. Awesome perks. So many options for upward mobility. Great work/life balance. I've never felt more valued as an employee. My feedback is taken seriously, my managers stay open to new strategies and value any input I have. I've been with the company for six months and I have yet to have a bad day. It's great to see a company live up to their corporate outlook (I.C.A.R.E.). It feels like a family here-- the CFO, CEO, and C-Level Directors are constantly involved in our day to day activities and always include us on changes and new approaches. Wonderful company to work for, great people, great outlook, great work ethic, and great future. I'm proud to be a part of Supplemental Health Care!

Cons

Couldn't name one if I tried!

1 person found this review helpful

Accountability and Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience at Supplemental Health Care. It is great to hear that you are proud to be a part of our team. We’re happy to have you! Thanks again.

9. 5.0

Great Company

Sep 24, 2013 - Market Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time with Supplemental Health Care. They are a very fair organization and treat their employees with respect, offering a nice work/life balance which is difficult to achieve in the Staffing industry. I would recommend this company to friends and other professionals.

Cons

Pay rate seems to be on the lower end of the industry standard for Health Care Staffing, but they have been fair to me.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work!

Aug 27, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are very flexible with your work schedule and seem to have an understanding that the work/life balance is very important to their employees. In my first meeting with the Senior Regional VP, her first question to me was "What can I do for you?". In all my years in staffing, I had never been asked that by a manager before! All they cared about was how much I could do for them. I feel very needed and appreciated by my managers on a regular basis.

Cons

It being a smaller company, the technology is taking some time to catch-up.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews