SupplyPro Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Floyd Miller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Pay is above average with good benefits and sales are growing like crazy (in 6 reviews)

• There are some great people that work here (in 4 reviews)

Cons

"Best 20 Year Old Start Up Ever"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SupplyPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A stable, solid, process-oriented, structured company who treats employees well. The benefit package and long PTO days are very attractive and generous. Salary is above average for the market , very reasonable for the type of software development work required. The work environment is very nice too. Nice office, excellent location. SP offers good job security and job growth, internal promotions, training, challenges.... Depending on the work groups, people I meet there are generally happy. If you can find a team you like and a team that contributes to the bottom line then you chances of happiness is higher.

Cons

Dealing with globalization may not be easy. Teams that coordinates with offshore teams often work long, strange hours. You might be expected to attend meetings (online, at home ok) as early as 7am or as late as 10pm. Product cycle can be slow. Things don't get done as simple and as fast as they should. Maybe folks there are pretty set in their own ways. Not the most innovative crowd at time, and very creative at others. Don't be stuck on a team that is not performing. Bottom line counts a lot. Value add is a lot more than a saying,

Advice to Management

It would have been nice if you offered a sabbatical leave for employees after10 years. Keep up the good work. Don’t settle. Honestly, I can't think of anything at the highest level. I think they are doing a great job. Pay me more maybe? :-)

"Great Boss. Great Company"

Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SupplyPro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my department and my boss is fun, smart and talented. It’s taken a long time to find the right people. This really is a company that cares about our customers and employees equally. This is a company that gives us all of the tools and resources we need to achieve success Not to mention GREAT products and an environment we can be proud of. I know some previous employees love picking on our company, and that is not fair or accutrate. They need to grow up, become professional (if that is possible) and move on. The company has really put great focus on building teams, on engineering great products, on improving system – even spendning money to write customer systems to make our jobs easier. Sure there is room for improvement and nothing is ever ever perfect, but we are getting better and better. The benefits that the company affords the employees are better than most companies out there – even the big ones. I have watched this company go way above and beyond for many co-workers who have an illness, needed additional care for a cancer, MS, family loss, lots of personal issue, etc - that comes from the top and resonates throughout the entire organization. It’s quiet and personal and never used to brag – I respect that. We really are changing the way we work, live, play and learn! This company is in the forefront.

Cons

There is never enough time in the day to get everything done that needs to get done. Expectations are that we will try and live a balanced life, but that is very hard to do when the demands outway the time available! I think better prioritization would be helpful. I think taking a minute to catch our breath would be good.

Advice to Management

Celebrate your achievements. Enjoy your success. You have done some very good things and you are too quick to get onto the next thing. It’s not all about money. Please get more dedicated people who can help you. It often feels like decisions are being made without getting information from all types of people outside of the company. Spend more on education. Develop clear plans to give young people careers in the company so they don’t go off to other places. Take care of yourselves and don’t get burned out.

3. "Solid. Reliable. Stable. Opportunities"

Current Employee - Software in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SupplyPro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Work Culture
    1. Employee Friendliness
    12. Challenges
    13. Opportunity for recognition
    14. Ability to contribute
    15. Pride

Cons

1. Need to introduce back free snacks and soda
    2. Need to introduce back food trucks
    3. Work Environment can be more friendly than what it is right now (I am not saying it bad but still it can be improved)
    4. More structure, less complexity
    5. Flexible work hours – at least re-consider.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Focus on user interface for end user products. Keep innovating. Improve process. Get projects in progress completed. Fix accounting system. Stick with your guns and don’t let market, sales, customers pressure you into making stupid decisions.

4. "Copmany Report Card"

Current Employee - Systems Architect in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Architect in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SupplyPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

“A” rating

The things I like best about working at SupplyPro are:
    • *The people
    • *The products
    • *The freedom to try new things
    • Recognition
    • Perks
    • Benefits

Cons

The areas that need work are:

“B” Rating
    • Manual processes
    • Better managers
    • Documentation
    • Operations

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Hire more interns and entry level people that can be trained. Figure out the system/process and stick with it long enough to document. Don’t hold the people who failed against the people who succeeded and were loyal and contributors. Keep making the investment in the company to make it great.

"Happy Camper"

Current Employee - Manufacuring in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manufacuring in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SupplyPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good compensation, generous, (both salary and benefits), exposure to new technologies is good (everything continuously changes) opportunity to move to different roles and challenges. There is very open communication between employees on projects, and vast learning resources are available. Employees are very focused on providing solutions for customer issues.

Cons

Some process arees good, but as co. grows and evolves the process gets in the way of getting the job done at times. Some processes are still manual and or outdated, silly. We have to fix that. Some tools need to be evaluated and brought into the 21st century – we are a tech company. What about robotics?

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and moving into new product areas that have strong strengths for our future. Understand that talented people are worth the most. Add a savings plan to benefits. Bring back the snacks.

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Finance/Office Manager
    Former Employee - Finance/Office Manager

I worked at SupplyPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and free coffee. Benefits were pretty solid.

Cons

Where do I start? First off, most of the reviews on here are fake. The CEO gets notified when a review is posted and lives for this site. They encourage insiders to post false reviews in order to bump up the rating. Upper management needs A LOT of work. Concerns, comments, suggestions, etc. falls on deaf ears. Upper management only cares about upper management. A lot of unprofessional behavior stemming from the top and trickling down. High turn over rate - it seemed everyday that someone would just disappear. Poor work environment.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to your employees. Really listen. If there are issues within the organization, do what needs to be done to correct those issues. I met with my manager more than once to voice harassment concerns and nothing was ever done. The harassment continued and in the end I had to walk away for my sanity. NO ONE should have to work in that type of environment.

"SUPPLYPRO IS A WINNING COMPANY"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SupplyPro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Very competitive pay compared to other companies in industry
    -Good benefits
    -Good work/life balance - ability to take time off, vacation
    -Very respectful management
    -Ability to work with very smart, capable people
    - Represent excellent products
    - Your experience is what you make it
    - Tons of support from corporate – especially CTO
    - Commitment to success
    - Awesome new HQ
    - Extremely stable company

Cons

- Some lazy people
    - Some unprofessional/dishonest x-employees
    - Management is stretched thin
    - Everyone is not always on the same page – more training please
    - Workload can be high – but that’s typical in sales

Advice to Management

- Encourage creativity from employees
    -Encourage continued training
    -More standardized process
    - Keep delivering exceptional technology
    - Don’t burn out
    - Keep products state of the art

"SOFTWARE ENGINEERING"

Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SupplyPro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management understands it is the employees that make this happen, especially CTO. Excellent and comprehensive benefits. Management has an open door policy, which works really well most of the time. Great people, varied opportuntiies, strong w/l balance. Amazing technical leadership from CTO. It's exciting tobe involved in a company that is creating rpoducts of the future. Abundance of opportunities - you are given ownership of your own success within the company.

Cons

can be a tough environment, complex. Also, you have more control over your career and some people don't like that, some seem to prefer being shown where to go/when, i like the openness as means you can change your answer over time (and i have several times). I do work very hard and have long hours. Sometimes the "hurry up we need this right now" is exhausting.

Advice to Management

Thank you for "waking up" the company with new products. I love working on the SupplySystem. You are inspiring and that is important in addition to great technical skills for a leaders Thank you for concentrating on our customers needs. The whiners will whine. Your good employees will get the job done. If someone is not happy, show them the door. Look at operations??? Stay the course. Push execution, but do not do so at the expense of "quality". Focus very hard on new products/R&D and put people in management who are good managers. Focus on strategy that allows us to curb labor cost. Keep up the good work.

"BRIGHT FUTURE"

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SupplyPro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Satisfaction of working for a leader in its industry, and being well compensated for it. Opportunity to work with talented, motivated colleagues and peers in a global organization. Working on challenging projects that provide an opportunity to grow professionally, with the resources needed to meet those challenges. Working with an exceptionally smart, talented and driven CTO that demands excellence. No deferential treatment; the CEO and CTO work longer and harder than anyone in the company, willing listen, open to ideas, treat people fairly.

Cons

Dealing with the occaisional bureaucratic processes changes necessary in a growing and changing company. Difficulty of finding exceptional vendors when you are not the big fish. Challenge finding enough hours in the day and efficient time management. Finally, the pervasive challenge that an engineer can work in a vacuum without fully being exposed to other department functions and customers – often a function of time challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating, maintain high standars, evolve the company, keep communicating and challenging us to demonstrate we can deliver exceptional solutions. Don’t take negativity and bad eggs personally. Make SupplyPro a world class company.

"Company is writing fake reviews to boost ratings - Don't plan on being here more than two years"

Former Employee - Senior Territory Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at SupplyPro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of my peers I worked alongside with are the best I've met in my career. Extremely nice and willing to help one another and always enjoyed the chances when we got together as a group. The job itself is pretty interesting, challenging, and allows you to develop relationships while in the territory. I enjoyed what I did, which was the real reason I kept trying to stick it out. Compensation is fairly good and great if you have attainable quotas.

Cons

The leadership of the company especially in the sales department is extremely lacking. The Chief Revenue Officer, believes that only older individuals can do this job and looks down on the younger ones. He also tries to constantly surround himself with more yes men and if he had his way he would clone himself to be the Territory Manager in each region. You also have to constantly field complaints about lead times and customer service complaints, which takes away from your ability to sell. Management basically just constantly asks for status updates and when deals are going to close.

Advice to Management

Learn to be a leader and empower the Territory Managers to do their jobs. It's definitely time for a shake up to management, because sales have continued to decline and they continue to just do the same things. They should be going after large distributors and opportunities instead of constantly asking for sales updates.