Support.com Contact Center Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard Bloom
  1. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Work from home - Benefits (with some cons) - Pay rate - Ability to advance when company is expanding - Ability to work in special projects if you work hard and show interest - 4x10 shifts - Shift bids are awarded by performance (and not who is liked more), so the better you perform the better shift you'll get based on your preferences - Company is always looking to expand, opening new positions for growth -... including 3(4) tiers of support --- Remote Services Technician (Tier 1) --- Personal Technology Expert (Tier 2) --- Business Technology Expert (Tier 2, but more knowledgeable regarding the fun stuff) --- Technical Leads (Tier 3)

Cons

- Customer interactions are at the same level of stress as collections - Most mistakes are made by other departments which must be fixed by ours - No face to face contact with co-workers, and no bar to go to after to complain about customers - Focus for reviews and bonuses are based on hard call metrics and not quality of service - A lot of unhappy co-workers who don't want to work there anymore but don't have a... car to work somewhere else can really bring the general mood of the floor down - You pay a penalty to insure a spouse if they have insurance available through their own employer - 4x10 shifts are only available to those who work in states that do not require overtime if you work more than 8 hours in a day - Quality adherence expectations are very demanding

Advice to Management

Begin giving back to the contact center employees. The ideas currently in place are a start, but they aren't enough.

Support.com2013-05-05
  2. "Great co-workers"

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are some great people that I work with that truly care about the work they do and the people they help. They are truly trying to turn things around for the better

Cons

Pay rate has always been the issue. There are no raises unless you get promoted, so although the cost of living continues to go up, the pay rate is not keeping up.

Advice to Management

Pay raises based on performance.

Support.com2019-09-14

"Not a long term opportunity"

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Co-workers * PTO accrual (12 days at start), additional day per year * Ability to bid on shifts

Cons

- Lack of raises (No cost of living increases), ever. (P4P is hardly attainable) - If you get sick you will not be covered for any absences during first year - No accountability for peers not performing - Medical is too expensive and you cannot visit doctor on a routine basis without giving up half your pay for "Decent" medical benefits. - Hourly rate for entry-level is $10.25 an hour, barely survivable in... majority of U.S - Only a few clients, most likely a major telecommunication provider where the customers are absolutely horrible. - HR Policies are counter-productive as HR runs the business instead of leadership

Advice to Management

Pay your staff a decent wage, have decent medical benefits, if someone gets sick offer them a few days off without impact to attendance.

Support.com2019-07-11

Support.com Response

July 22, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. It is critical for any employer to have an attendance policy. As you have stated our employees receive 12 days to use as they see fit, year one of employment. We do expect our employees to work the shifts assigned in their entirety and if calling in ...

"Lots of Promises - No Commitment"

Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Anna, IL

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work at Home Great Coworkers Lots of different positions to do, if you don't care about being paid more.

Cons

Terrible work/life - will not adapt to your schedule Promise promotional opportunities, then hire those who are utterly unqualified. Entire contact center works on "buddy system" - if you aren't friends with the right person, you go nowhere. Regardless of qualification.

Advice to Management

Have the entirety of hiring done by either another party entirely, or HR since management clearly cannot handle such a responsibility.

Support.com2016-10-19

"A Company that does not care"

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Support.com full-time

Pros

Work from home is the only pro. There are no other pros. Only cons stay away from this company.

Cons

It feels like everyday you die a little more, I have been here three years and there are ABSOLUTELY no raises, management says that there performance bonus is the raise you have to earn your raise but due to a Stack Ranking System only the top 12 supervisors can get the bonus and then it is based on the performance of your Team and not your actual performance, so it does not matter if you fulfil all your job roles... if your team does not perform you do not preform.

Advice to Management

Provide at the minimum a yearly cost of living increase. Stop being profit hungry and take care of the people who bring in the profits.

Support.com2015-12-22

"Soul Crushing -Thankless Job"

Contact Center Supervisor in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Support.com

Pros

Working from home is the only pro.

Cons

Everything else but the work from home aspect. Constantly required to lie to direct reports and carry a line of BS.

Advice to Management

Quit.

Support.com2015-11-22

"Enhanced RST Or pretend Supervisor"

Contact Center Supervisor

I worked at Support.com

Pros

Decent pay for work at home, but not even close to Apple. For me, lack of contact with upper management actually made my job easier.

Cons

I would like to say lack of communication, but that would be an understatement. Lack policy, until someone decides they dont like what ever it is that is going on. Account we worked, no real direction. Somewhat like stepping on a land mine, no telling what will happen. When you actually tried to help an agent with an issue, it was more times than not, passed to the next person.

Advice to Management

Even with new management in place, I think you are in serious need of a direction. Currently that direction is a nose dive. Communications to the lowest levels of your company are needed to understand just where it is you stand. Either in the time I worked there you realized that you took a bite our of something you couldnt handle, or you just thought you were better than you are. Reporting, is the worst I have... seen in my 15 years in call centers, where there is improvement in it, this reporting style is in Pre-k Status. Then, at the end, you sack 800+ people, for what most consider, no reason. What was looked upon as a recommended process, all the sudden because a violation, and allowed you to move on people and think you would not have to pay the unemployment.

Support.com2015-10-19
  8. "Customers Love Us at SDC"

Contact Center Supervisor in Redmond, WA

I worked at Support.com

Pros

Being a part of the greatest support team on earth! Flexible hours, great workplace with no commute.

Cons

Rapid schedule changes, sometimes overloading on communications such as email and process changes.

Advice to Management

Better tools integration for doing the support roles.

Support.com2015-08-29

"Good for Short Term, Dead End Long Term"

Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Sault Ste. Marie, ON

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work from home Paid Training Benefits are good for most. Good co workers. Good entry level call center job.

Cons

No raises. Strict QA policies. Increasing work load with no compensation. Company is losing customers and money. Does not seem like it will last long. Outsourced support, and call center operations that perform poorly.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate current work loads. Everyone in management is over worked. Don't make promises you can't keep and blame it on business needs. Be upfront and honest when hiring.

Support.com2016-08-05