Support.com Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Support.com CEO Richard Bloom
Richard Bloom
  1. Featured Review

"Love working from home."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is my first work at home position and I love it. Promotion for within as long as you are willing to go for it. Learn what you can learn as they are always willing to help you, but you have to want it There are pay for performance and if you are willing to perform you will make extra pay for that great performance. 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision. All the bells and whistles you could ask for.

Cons

You will always have ups and downs in any company. What matters is what do you make if it? What can you learn from these ups and downs and are you willing to stick with the company when they go through the downs. It is what you make of it!

Advice to Management

Knowledge is the key to successful employees. 😀

Support.com2019-05-03

May 17, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback! We are so excited about many of the recent changes we have made to our organization. Thank you for noticing and being an active part of these changes! We continue to grow and develop as an organization and leadership team!

2. "Great co-workers"

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are some great people that I work with that truly care about the work they do and the people they help. They are truly trying to turn things around for the better

Cons

Pay rate has always been the issue. There are no raises unless you get promoted, so although the cost of living continues to go up, the pay rate is not keeping up.

Advice to Management

Pay raises based on performance.

Support.com2019-09-14

"Not a long term opportunity"

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Co-workers * PTO accrual (12 days at start), additional day per year * Ability to bid on shifts

Cons

- Lack of raises (No cost of living increases), ever. (P4P is hardly attainable) - If you get sick you will not be covered for any absences during first year - No accountability for peers not performing - Medical is too expensive and you cannot visit doctor on a routine basis without giving up half your pay for "Decent" medical benefits. - Hourly rate for entry-level is $10.25 an hour, barely survivable in... majority of U.S - Only a few clients, most likely a major telecommunication provider where the customers are absolutely horrible. - HR Policies are counter-productive as HR runs the business instead of leadership

Advice to Management

Pay your staff a decent wage, have decent medical benefits, if someone gets sick offer them a few days off without impact to attendance.

Support.com2019-07-11

July 22, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. It is critical for any employer to have an attendance policy. As you have stated our employees receive 12 days to use as they see fit, year one of employment. We do expect our employees to work the shifts assigned in their entirety and if calling in ...

"Not bad. Stock price suggests bankruptcy imminent."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy the job dealing with people. Working from home is definitely a bonus in my particular situation.

Cons

We just lost Verizon as a customer. Take a look at the stock price, and that could suggest where this business is headed. The company is not transparent at all about what is going on.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and honest about the companies struggles with your employees. Some of us on stock in the company, which means that we are owners of the company. Watching the stock head towards zero is not motivated be more transparent and honest about the companies struggles with your employees. Some of us owns stock in the company, which means that we are owners of the company. Watching the stock head towards... zero is not motivating.

Support.com2019-06-08

June 24, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves as a public company who is very transparent to our investors and employees.

"No career here, make this a pit stop on your employment career!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Savanna Place, GA

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home on your own equipment. Colleagues are fantastic and more helpful than the leadership here.

Cons

No raises, no advancement, leadership doesn't inspire anyone, no continuing training, hardly ever get the opportunity to speak with management. Lied to about raises and bonuses since I've been here. Management hand picks people versus announcing positions available.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the cancer at the top. They don't inspire anyone and lead via fear and the threat of firing to produce results.

Support.com2019-03-11

March 19, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for leaving your comments. As an employer with a very high promotion from within percentage, we encourage all of our employees to apply for our posted roles. All openings are internally posted for all employees to view. We are sorry you were not inspired as an employee. ...

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home, Fun Co-workers, Helping Customers

Cons

Senior Management is Horrible. The woman is clueless as to what really is happening below her. She tries to sugar coat everything, and is just an absolute horrible people person. This woman has given so much false information to the Managers and Supervisors below her, that it really is amazing that this company keeps her. If she was not in the picture, more people would stay. She lies stating she is there to help..., when she simply does not know the current policies, has no clue how to talk to a customer, does not respond to e-mail or instant messages. She abuses her title in the Virtual Chat rooms to sit just her name in there. Hopefully with recent events, it will come to light that this woman is really driving away great people. Then support.com will be rid of her.

Advice to Management

Take a close look at what your "SOM" does, what she says, and how she reacts to others. She is full of smoke and mirrors

Support.com2018-10-17

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

As an employer with an open door policy, we appreciate the feedback and have reviewed this comment very closely. Thank you!

"Not bad, but could be so much better"

Current Employee - Full Time Team Supervisor

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, set schedules with occasional shift alignments.

Cons

Pay could be way better, and instead of taking care of those who have been there and are working hard, the company is incentivizing new hires with more money. One should always take care of the home you have before building bigger. You require that we provide all our own tech and have no sick time or forgiveness for power/ISP outages, even when the outage is from your client and easily proven.

Advice to Management

Raises, for the love of the lord offer raises to your people!!!

Support.com2018-02-10
  8. "Decent company to work for"

Current Employee - Solutions Center Supervisor in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home. Decent benefits.

Cons

Management. They either come and go or they micromanage.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing

Support.com2017-07-21

"Beware - Former Supervisor (8 years)"

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

No commute, the front-line victims.

Cons

If you simply need a job to make a few quick bucks, get into the training, and then resign. (Its about 4-6 weeks). Believe me, after eight years of dedicated service, hard-work (50-60 hours per week at times), and empty promises, this is a dead end job, no matter the position. SDC has been through many management changes (up to and including at the C-Level) and it seems only to get worse. Their business model... (churn and burn) is an absolute, abject failure. From massive layoffs, to a continuous stream of empty promises, outright lies, and utterly unqualified down-chain management, any position here is soul-crushing and demeaning, eventually. SDC comes across with all kinds of great sounding things at the beginning, all kinds of talk about their culture (dog-eat-dog), etc., do not believe a word of it. Do not be a victim of this organization. One will never get a raise, never. And eventually they will tell you that and try to use some bonus scheme that is a farce. In fact, over the years they have re-tooled their bonus program and every one is a fail, and very few earn it, and its a drop in the bucket. This organization will wear one out and suck one dry then throw one out the backdoor. They absolutely have no care for their employees, despite all their glorious claims. Why did I stay you ask? Faith and believing the lies. I continued to try to believe that if I worked hard, and carried the company line (the lies) , compromising my personal ethics, that it would "pay off". Again, do not be fooled - not for any job they have open. I've seen them dump people at all levels for no apparent reason. Also, the economics just will not work - the margins are so razor thin, they cannot give one a raise. Jobs being shipped off-shore in attempts to compensate for this have become more and more frequent and necessary. I watched the stock plummet from a high of roughly $7.00 and change (several years ago..2010, approx - you can research), to essentially a penny stock. They had a hostile takeover recently and maneuvered to get the stock off the penny-stock board and I believe its back up a tad presently. It will never be back to that highest mark, and Id take that to the bank. They paid me in stock options for bonuses at one time, and with the plummeting value, well... bust. Honestly, I cannot believe this org remains alive. And don't even let me get started on their "HR" Department. Laughable, to say the least. They will change policy on a dime to fit their agenda at a given moment and employee treatment is worse-case disparate. They have also been subject to any number of labor disputes, lawsuits, and other legal and regulatory adverse actions. (They are on the cusp of another, actually! Hint!) Finally, as to the positive comments here, there are one of two possibilities: 1. (most likely in most cases) they have been written by HR folks, or internal management - I've seen it done and know its done. Not surprising. Its part of the true culture there; 2. Some poor unaware desperate individual (usually inexperienced and young, or blinded by the work-from-home aspect) nodding and carrying the water as it were, in classic, nodding, bovine agreement, will sing their praises until they learn the truth otherwise. Of course newly employed people will typically look for the positive, and discount the negative ("all jobs have their downsides") in hopes of a real future. Again, do not be fooled; do not be deceived. Finally, supervisors, and mid-level managers, etc., are simply drones who have sold their soul and ethics to keep a low-paying job, and have so much on their plates it is impossible to do their job or to be of any assistance to anyone, beyond regurgitating some policy, practice, or expectation. The metrics: after all this time, they still haven't figured it out and I am convinced they never will. Your metrics will be used to hammer you over the head, in simple summary. If you have any respect for yourself, or any real career ambitions, or are any kind of professional worth your salt, don't do it. Just don't do it, no matter the temptation and promises. You will absolutely rue the day you engaged with SDC and their inept management. Go anywhere else, at any cost. Best of luck in your job searches, and I hope that I have been of assistance in helping you eliminate at least one you absolutely want to avoid. Cheers!

Advice to Management

Hang it up. Go home; forget it. Your company will never be profitable, and I cannot believe your investors continue to prop you up.

Support.com2017-08-02

"Lots of Promises - No Commitment"

Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Anna, IL

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work at Home Great Coworkers Lots of different positions to do, if you don't care about being paid more.

Cons

Terrible work/life - will not adapt to your schedule Promise promotional opportunities, then hire those who are utterly unqualified. Entire contact center works on "buddy system" - if you aren't friends with the right person, you go nowhere. Regardless of qualification.

Advice to Management

Have the entirety of hiring done by either another party entirely, or HR since management clearly cannot handle such a responsibility.

Support.com2016-10-19