Support.com Tech Support Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard Bloom

"Technical support"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Remote, OR

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home is all the pros this job has to offer! There aren’t any others!

Cons

The trainers are terrible, the management isn’t much better, and don’t ever let them put any kind of software on your computer, Because once they do, you can render that computer useless! The pay is $9.50 an hour which includes $.50 an hour extra for the use of your computer and Internet service. If you do last 90 days, you can get benefits, but by the time you are finished paying for those benefits, you will have... hardly any money left! Don’t fall for the $1000 bonus, because if you miss any time, you’re not gonna get it!

Advice to Management

Start paying people what they are worth, and it’s not $9.50 an hour. That is not competitive pay that’s poverty!

Support.com2019-04-15

May 3, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. While we have tools for you to use, they do not affect the performance of your system. Our attendance bonus of $1000 dollars is straight forward. Missing time will disqualify you, as we state to all new hires. We wish you the best.

"The worst company you will ever work for"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

But you'll have to pay for all the expenses of a call center out of the low wage they pay you. They advertise $11 hr but its really $9.00 less running your AC/Heat 24/7 depreciation on your PC you looking at $8 hr after expenses. You will take calls for Comcast customers, the most fraudulent and mismanaged company in history. So expect to be yelled at by (justifiable) irate and pissed off customers at least... several times a day. The tools they give you don't work, you'll have to go by their ridiculous script, they will audit all your calls and criticizes you regardless if you get 100% customer reviews. After 30 days only 4 people will be left from your training class of 30 people, so expect to work on your days off with the mandatory overtime. And after five years don't expect any type of raise just a raise in health care deductible insurance that you will never have the money to use. Of the thirty plus years in the workforce it is hands down the worst experience I have ever had.

Advice to Management

You need to resign you do not know what you are doing.

Support.com2019-03-23

April 2, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your comments, but they are not accurate. Our pay rate is advertised correctly, as we have many positions with varying levels of pay. We also pay an hourly reimbursement for working from home to all hourly employees. We wish you the best in your new endeavors.

"Comcast is one of the main clients for this company"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Work from home

Cons

In my experience, agents are shuffled from supervisor to the other. Right when you get comfortable with your sup and your team, bam, they switch you to a completely new one. Some supervisors are laid back but there are some that will nit pick you to death. Customers are often angry and upset because Comcast, Xfinity Internet services are very expensive and rarely ever works right. I had cx's calling in who were... paying over $200 but they couldn't even check their email at home. Also, if you have any type of life outside of work this job isn't for you. Scheduling isn't flexible at all and the worst part is there are MANDATORY extra hours which means you have no choice, you have to work the required extra hours or they count it as No Show. If you don't sign up for these extra hours they will sign you up themselves w/o even asking whether you'll be available. Another thing about this job is that the tools you need to provide quote, "World class customer service", never work properly. They freeze, they crash, they simply do not function properly IF at all.

Advice to Management

Need to look more closely at these supervisors. In my experience, I had 100% on my customer surveys, no complaints, even had a kudos call, my metrics were consistently getting better and better, I was able to troubleshoot w/ cx until we had a solution but that still wasn't enough for newest supervisor. He was constantly nit picking. I don't think he liked me from the jump and IDK why. Ultimately my last sup was the... reason I left this company.

Support.com2019-01-27

February 25, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. We have many clients in our organization, all with technical support needs. Our employees are dealing with customers who have issues; whether that be on their personal computer or with services provided by our clients. This is a customer support role, which all candidates are informed of prior to accepting this role. As with most call center roles, there are times we need additional work hours from our employees. All employees have the opportunity to pick when they will work, and we do not ask for more than 8 hours in a work week of additional hours. You may add these in daily increments or all at one time, the choice is up to the employee - this requirement is occasional. Tool requirements in general are related to the individual equipment owned by the employee. We offer a reimbursement to all employees who use their own equipment, and often the employee may not update his/her equipment as requirements change. Internally we do not have equipment issues that affect our general population of employees - these are rare to non-existent. We wish you well in your new endeavors.

"Not Really Tech Support"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST

I have been working at Support.com full-time

Pros

100% work from home and you don’t have to really interact with your co-workers if you’re not a “people’s person”

Cons

Very low pay considering the level of stress - hard to move up within company - not really a tech support job, they have 100 different depts. and only use the RST employees for sales

Support.com2019-02-13

February 25, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. As an organization that promotes from within, our employees have excellent opportunities for advancement. We have multiple departments, which allows for such movement for qualified employees who have a desire for career development. While our positions are technical support, there is an element of sales opportunity when our customers have services that may or may not qualify for enhancement. This is a factor in all customer facing roles.

5. "Work from home"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST

I have been working at Support.com full-time

Pros

Work from home 100% remotely

Cons

Tool Issues, Mandatory extra hours, Scheduling.

Support.com2019-01-19

January 23, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. As we continue to hire new employees, the requirement for additional hours will decrease. We do ensure we ask no more than 8 hours a week which can be done in small increments. Good news is the business is thriving!

"Training was horrible"

Former Employee - Tech Support

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

nothing good to say the training was stressful

Cons

I didn't go past training unbelievable the trainer nor the support staff. They had a young boy has the trainer who spent the majority of the time talking about nothing yet when you didn't answer in 30 seconds you were removed. He took attendance every 30 minutes which was dumb. wouldn't recommend to my enemies.

Advice to Management

Get better trainers. YOU don't have to ride someone in training

Support.com2019-02-16

February 25, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. We have daily surveys in our training program that we review daily to ensure our trainers are providing an excellent experience. Everyone in our training program are highly trained adult professionals. In a work from home environment it is critical that we ensure employees are engaged, which requires a type of communication sent to employees throughout the day. We are sorry you do not feel the training program was effective, and we wish you well in your career path.

"Crappy employer"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home that is it

Cons

Under paid for all that is required, constant schedule changes without your consistent, mandatory over out on your schedule, crappy Managers who just make up there own rules and what ever they feel like doing or saying to there employees, and very rude customers

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees better and not just like a number or you will lose your clients due to poor service because of high turn over and poor treatment of employees

Support.com2019-02-09

February 25, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. As an employer who promotes pay for performance increases, each employee has an opportunity to earn additional money each month regarding his or her performance on top of our hourly rate. We continually enhance our program and re-evaluate the effectiveness for our employees. We also have excellent advancement opportunities for all employees. As with all call center employers, our business needs change based on call volume. We have scheduled shift alignments, when all employees are informed of scheduling bidding opportunities. We do not change any schedules without notice or participation from the employee base.

"Experience is good for an IT job down the line"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Remote, OR

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good experience accrue PTO and Floating Holidays

Cons

PAY need more of it While training is relaxed, at the end of it, you're off to fend for yourself Not enough supervisor to help with issues, but they are sure quick to tell you are taking a long time in taking notes after the call, if god forbid you in after call work for more than 40 seconds

Advice to Management

Actually get the employees all the tools they need to help the customer. And offer more pay and incentives for a job well done. If you pay more, maybe your reps will be more thick-skinned to an irate customer and you won't have such an abysmal retention rate

Support.com2018-12-08

December 10, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to take notes while on the call with the customer, and not go into an after call status at the end of the call. However, we do allow time when necessary. It is important to finish the entire call while you have the customer on the line. We believe our Pay for Performance program in 2019 will be well received by our employees, as everyone has an opportunity in this program.

"HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Dallas, TX

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

the training team is there for any and everything.

Cons

management doesn't care if you are dying they make you come to work

Support.com2018-12-29

January 3, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are very proud of our virtual training program. Like all organizations, we do need our employees to come to work as scheduled, and we do have an attendance policy in place. We have high regard for our employees and their individual personal needs, which we believe our attendance policy demonstrates, as it is very flexible. However, coming to work is important for both the employee and the employer in order to be successful.

"Get a real job."

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You work from home. That's it.

Cons

No raises ever, forced to periodically "bid" on a schedule (who does that?!), "flexing" schedules which can and do change from week to week (again, who does this?!) forced overtime even on your day(s) off, and lastly back to back calls dealing with people who should not be allowed anywhere near technology.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing us to work overtime because you made promises you can't keep, all this bidding on schedules and "flexing" nonsense and maybe invest in the people who have been here for a while, rather than pandering to newbs who bail the first time they get a taste of back to back calls.

Support.com2018-11-25

November 28, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

In a pay-for-performance culture, earning additional compensation is in the hands of the employee. The opportunity is there if the individual employee maintains their own performance and attendance. Like all organizations, we have periods of time that we need additional worked hours. Notification is always provided with a two-week window, and employees can select these times based on when they can work. We provide support to our customers in a call center environment, so yes back to back calls is an expectation. We welcome our customers and we should be prepared to offer 100% excellent customer service.

Found 177 reviews