Support.com Tech Support Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard Bloom

"What to expect"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

def a work from home environment, no travel necessary

Cons

dont leave the house often

Advice to Management

to make sure you know all the facts before making a decision

Support.com2018-10-05

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback.

"Remote Support Technician"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Brownsville, TX

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home. Friendly staff and fun environment.

Cons

Company went from remote technical support to supporting a cable company for technical and billing issues due to a contract they won.

Advice to Management

Go back to remote PC tech support.

Support.com2018-10-03

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

We have a variety of clients and programs that our employees support. We often have growth opportunities, including tech support. Thank you for your feedback

"Life at Support.com"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Miami, FL

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home. That's about it.

Cons

Support.com provides service for Comcast. As a Remote Service Tech you are expected to solve the customers problem with hardware or software with a very short time frame. Which is fine for me as an experienced technician. But here's what they don't tell you when you are hired. They add to your job up-selling services and collections, and they what it done within the same time frame as a regular technical call. If... the customer needs to have a technician go to their home, there is a good chance they will not show up. You will then get the bunt of the customers dissatisfaction. In addition you will be trying to assist old people, non-technical people as well a people that will start the call screaming at you. These calls take time to resolve. You have 2 choices, take care of the customer and resolve the problem and take a hit on your time on each call or rush through the call and hope for the best. I asked many times whether its better to spend a little more time and satisfy the customer or to end up with a call back. The answer I got back tells you everything, "We don't care how many times they call back, get on and off the phone as quick as possible!" That sums up Support.com

Advice to Management

Take care of the customers and allow the tech to do the job they where hired for: "To provide the best support possible." Maybe you will have less turn over.

Support.com2018-09-25

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

We have never been an employer who focuses solely on how much time is spent with a customer. We want efficient service for our customers, because that is what they demand. No one wants to be on the phone for longer than necessary, however, we want you to take your time to resolve the issue so the customer does not call back. We support the time it takes to satisfy a customer!

"Started as a decent job. Ended a nightmare."

Remote Support Tech RST in Home, PA

I worked at Support.com for more than a year

Pros

It's a job, you get paid. Insurance benefits. VTO time when you need a break. And, you WILL need a break. It looks good on resume. But not a long term job. Take job knowing you can get some experience, try to survice a year or so, and move on.

Cons

Vendor doesn't know that the tools are down every-other-day. Most Sups hide all day. All the cons have been correctly pointed out in previous reviews. I don't want to waste any more of my time and move forward. But be warned that the job is a big mess from day one and getting worse. It looked to me like there were fewer and fewer agents on the flour over time, and it was a sinking ship. Beware if you have a... health issue. make sure you cross all the t's and dot the i's with Family and Medical Leave - and they contact HR before you expose a health issue. Do not discuss it with your sup. He will not care. The Sups are their just to save their butts. Good luck soldier, Just pray for a better job down the road. The economy is getting better. There were some really smart, talented people on the floor and they took good care of the customers, but Support.com doesn't provide the support to keep a good employee around. Their propaganda for good customer service seems to be lip service for their vendor. (which is the most hated company in America) can you guess??

Advice to Management

My advice would be to stop making knee jerk decisions, and policy changes just because an arising daily issues. Try to make decisions that are based on long-term goals.

Support.com2018-09-25

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

We have a very robust health care plan, and we support and follow all FMLA guidelines. We value all our employees and strive to make things less difficult when leave is needed. We also support good attendance when one is feeling well and able to come to work. Thank you for your feedback.

"most stressful work environment i have been a part of."

Current Employee - Comcast Tech Support

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

work from home brainless work(not sure if that's a pro honestly)

Cons

TERRIBLE management, I got ambushed in a meeting and was told that it is impossible that I am burnt out because i had taken some time. I really cant stress enough how little these people care about the workers, they're all power loving sociopaths.

Advice to Management

Care.

Support.com2018-09-05

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

All we ask of our employees is to work your scheduled shift, provide kind, courteous support to our customers and communicate. We have a great support group in our EAP program for employees who have outside challenges, and ask employees to use this service before making negative decisions that impact them at work. We wish you the best in your new endeavors, and thank you for your feedback.

"A job not a career."

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

you get a job and get paid. Some overtime.

Cons

Cant establish relationships with co-workers (work from home). Maybe other areas have more room for growth, but at least the area I worked on had very little room for growth.

Advice to Management

Offer more tools for professional development.

Support.com2018-07-30

August 6, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for comments regarding personal development, we appreciate this and we recognize that we can offer more in this area. Our training and leadership department is continually working on new avenues for personal development opportunities. We do believe our environment allows for great relationship building even in the work-from-home environment. Many of our employees live in the same local areas, and have made special attempts to connect outside of work. We also encourage relationship building in our use of SPiRiT, our internal intranet site for our employees.

"Garbage Company"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get a paycheck not much of one but its money. You work from home

Cons

Lousy Shift Low pay Upper management dont care a bought the staff They change scheduled a lot they outsource what ever they can does not train there staff properly will sugar coat bad new to make it sound good you have a beter chance of getting struck by lightning than getting a raise

Advice to Management

Bring back State side workforce management. Pay you techs a descent wage 9.45 is not a livable wage Stop forcing people to do overtime Hire some one that understand workforce scheduling use a Constantine system for work flow Hire from with in for management Listin to your staff were the ones busting our buts for you.

Support.com2018-09-01

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback.

"Do not leave a job to work for support.com"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

WFH is the only pro

Cons

no job security, no foreseeable raises, I never met anyone that worked there more one and half years. i would not recommend this company. i realized my mistake about a month into training and quit went to work for a company that values their employees.

Support.com2018-08-30

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

Our average tenure is 3.5 years, we have a new pay-for-performance plan that we are excited about! Great job security as we promote 92% from within. Thank you!

"Low pay"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Charleston, SC

I worked at Support.com full-time

Pros

All the overtime you want

Cons

Get extra things thrown at you from crappy comcast contract negotiation

Advice to Management

Listen pay a few dollars more and you won't have to hire as much 88% or higher attrition rate

Support.com2018-08-27

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

We have a new pay-for-performance plan we are excited to share!

"RST"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

none, the job is low paid you are treated like trash by staff and customers alike. if you make a statement about the issues you are terminated.

Cons

every aspect of this job

Advice to Management

The managers are nonexistent and cowardly

Support.com2018-08-18

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

I am sorry to hear your experience was not excellent. We are very proud of our management team, but also realize we can continue to improve. Thank you for your feedback.

Found 177 reviews