Support.com Tech Support Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2019

2.4
Support.com CEO Richard Bloom
Richard Bloom

"Questionable value of employees"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time and Extra hours are always available

Cons

They will change your schedule at the drop of a hat without your permission called "Shift alignments" even after the main system we use to help customers has been down indefinitely since over a month now making it hard to do a job you got hired to do with no ETA on the actual system coming back online and almost no work arounds to actually do your actual job

Advice to Management

Stop changing people's schedules to drain the actual life out of your workers like they are robots if employees work better at night shifts keep them on nights don't switch them to mornings without their permission and please provide the necessary tools to actually allow employees to actually do the job you are paying them to do instead of a main job tool being indefinitely down for months at a time without any ETA... of restoration

Support.com2018-03-16

"Overworked and Underpaid"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, if you live in a rural area, above average pay

Cons

work for comcast, abusive customers, additional tasks piled on constantly with no increase in pay

Advice to Management

when accepting contracts that more than double your employees workload, pay them more

Support.com2018-01-06

"White Label Tech Support"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from Home is a great idea

Cons

Pay is minimal and you have to deal with Comcast customers

Advice to Management

Give your employees a raise

Support.com2017-12-12

"Well Well Well (insert sad/angry face)"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I literally cannot think of any.

Cons

The Pros, well the interview is basic & i'm sure "anyone" would most likely receive an offer for employment. Training is a hot mess, and that literally is the best compliment I can provide. Pay is laughable. Trainers are just as confused. HR is equally confused. If you ask HR about pay, they'll refer to payroll who wants an email they will never respond to. Benefits....do you own research, because they'll you zero.... Everyone passes you to the next person. Time off? yeah right, they don't give a cat's flea collar what emergency you may have. Just take the calls. Programs freeze. shutdown. Obviously it's your fault. Definitely not theirs. Training is done in the Zoom program, which for some reason didn't work too well with this company. Zoom has to be used on a computer, not your phone/iPad/tablet app..although the app works better. They literally monitor how you've signed in, which is beyond ridiculous.

Advice to Management

shut the door & close the business.

Support.com2018-01-15
  5. "great place"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

i'm in training but so far everything has been great. my coworkers are great, and so far everything has been great. all the tools work great. i expect to work there for a while

Cons

nothing yet that i have seen

Support.com2017-11-09

"Dont do it"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home. Benefits. It was a fantastic job when i started. after 3 months, the position turned into something that I did not apply for.

Cons

-NO RAISES. -Weekly, if not daily changes to the job, -no raises. No room for advancement. -Every call has a different outcome. If customer is without internet, still gotta send 'em how to get help ON THE INTERNET. no customer wants to hear how to get help through a website if they cant get online. -no raises. -Want to move? Nope, gotta be approved first, BEFORE the move.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees instead of upper management who think they know what is best. You dont take your current experienced employees and put them into a lesser position that they signed up for.

Support.com2017-11-05

"So, so"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Rutland, MA

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consistent work, remote working is great if you can not sit on couch an call in sick lol.

Cons

Schedule that changes every day almost. Ridiculous expectations (metrics vs. quality)

Advice to Management

I think they do a good job. Its hard being under Comcast's heal. When I started in 2014 the job was worth the money but they want more more more. in 2017 its a job that should be 5 bucks more an hour I think.

Support.com2017-10-30

"Remote Support Technician"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid training and RST certification. Customer compliments could result in gift cards. Mandatory overtime

Cons

Wouldn't work with my schedule of required hours for medically documented treatments. Lack of Supervision and support system in the company and mentoring. No communication between staff and shift leaders. Managers never went over calls and where we could improve our call metrics despite multiple requests.

Advice to Management

Try to work with schedules and requests of hours. Assist employees with Metrics and where they can improve their times. Create workflows that are realistic and work.

Support.com2017-10-08
  9. "Been with the company 3 years"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home Full time Opportunity for overtime

Cons

Low wages, Constantly being moved into different departments whenever the company is doing poorly.

Advice to Management

Stop moving your top performers to other departments and you may actually keep some of your decent employees

Support.com2017-08-22
  10. "It's Not The Company; It's The Clients"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Support.com part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work@Home; Team Leads very willing to help when they can. Management easy to reach out to. Team members very willing to help.

Cons

Overworked Team Leads; couldn't get a Kudos call verified after main business hours - one Team Lead for the rest of the night crew.

Advice to Management

You needed more Team Leads and have them working the same hours as us lowly employees are working.

Support.com2017-08-06