Support.com "paid training" Reviews | Glassdoor

Support.com Employee Reviews about "paid training"

Updated Sep 15, 2019

Found 972 reviews

2.3
Support.com CEO Richard Bloom
Richard Bloom
Pros
  • "It was great cause you got to work from home(in 604 reviews)

• "I basically used the 4 weeks of paid training to earn money while I found a real job(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "No raises and promotions are quite rare(in 108 reviews)

• "I'm not new to work from home-I've been doing this for close to 5 years(in 62 reviews)

Reviews about "paid training"

Return to all Reviews

"Don't do it!!"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

paid training that isn't saying much

Cons

not worth your time, horrible experience

Support.com2019-05-14

May 21, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

I am very sorry you do not feel your experience was successful. We wish you well in your new endeavors.

"If you are desperate for a temporary job then this will do."

Former Employee - Remote Services Technician

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid training. I basically used the 4 weeks of paid training to earn money while I found a real job. Their pay is a joke and a slap in the face to their employees.

Cons

Pay is too low. No raises. Outsources jobs to India that could be done in America. Trainers read from a script and when it comes to being tech savvy are wildly underwhelming.

Advice to Management

Go to college and get a real job.

Support.com2019-03-29

April 2, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your comments, but they are not accurate. We do not outsource any of our work, as it is all US based. All trainers are technically savvy and trained to present material in an engaging manner.

"Not a good place to work."

Former Employee - Remote Services Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid training. Regularly scheduled days off.

Cons

The pay ($9.25/hr, $10.25 after 90 days) and scheduling are terrible. There are no raises, ever. You get a chance to earn "pay for performance" but it's not much money and since it's considered "bonus" money it's taxed at a higher rate than your regular pay. This is the same issues with the $1000 bonus they offer you after 90 days - it gets taxed at a high rate. Plus if you miss working for ANY reason in the first... 90 days, even for a couple of hours, you will not get the bonus. So if you have to go to the doctor's, pick your kid up at school, have a power failure etc - they don't care. You will not get your bonus. You can earn some lousy commissions for selling new lines of business, but you won't get any other commissions for upselling. They offer medical, dental and vision benefits. If I opted for decent medical benefits for my family, I literally would bring home about $75/week in pay. The dental and vision are reasonable though. You don't get any benefits for the first three months. I worked supporting Comcast. I was scheduled every single weekend and every single holiday. When you do have to work a holiday YOU ONLY GET STRAIGHT PAY. Your scheduled days are fixed so at least you'll know what days you have off. However, there is mandatory overtime so you will be working more hours than you agree to, even if you only want part-time. Also, they "flex schedule" you so they can move the start and end times around on the days that you do work. You do earn paid time off (PTO) but it's so minimal as to be ridiculous. I earned roughly 5 days off paid per year. They also occasionally 'realign" the schedules - meaning they can change your schedule whenever they want Also in no way is this an IT related job. They like to call the employees "technicians" but you won't actually be teaching you much of anything technical. 95% of the training is about services and products and soft skills. It's one of the worst training programs of all time. You'll spend a lot of time doing nothing or reading instruction manuals together with your class. You will be required to answer the phone and follow the prompts on the screen to resolve the customer's issue YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TROUBLESHOOT on your own for most calls. You just have to do whatever the troubleshooting program tells you. Also, you will deal with some billing issues and you'll be required to help customers that want to change their packages or want a new promotion. Make no mistake about it, you will not be a tech, this is a customer service job. Also, they will tell you that sales aren't that important all through training, but as soon as you get into nesting they will start beating you over the head to make sales. It's an easy job if you have good soft skills. Nobody really cares if you fix any issues, you just need to be warm and friendly and follow the prompts on your screen. If you want to work at home because you have other obligations and you think this might offer you a good work-life balance, please consider it carefully. The company just wants bodies answering phones, they don't pay well, the scheduling is lousy and they don't care about you one bit. This might be a good job if you have no other alternative, but in all honesty, you would have a better work-life balance, pay, and benefits by just going out and getting a job at Walmart.

Advice to Management

You're everything that's wrong with employers in America.

Support.com2019-02-23

March 4, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback, however, I would like to clarify a few of your comments. Our P4P program is available to all employees, not just a select percentage like many of our competitors. We ask that employees perform at a level expected by our customers. The P4P program is ...

"Easy work, but no support system"

I worked at Support.com full-time

Pros

Paid training Vacation days Benefits Work from home

Cons

Take calls for Comcast They just throw you in after "training" and let you do the thing, might feel like you're drowning at first (didn't even teach us how to not auto answer the next call). They might randomly change your schedule to a schedule you are not able to work.

Advice to Management

Be more supportive

Support.com2018-11-10

November 13, 2018Support.com Leadership Team

I am sorry you feel you did not receive the support you needed to be successful. We offer 5 weeks of paid comprehensive training and two weeks of nesting prior to the production environment. We do feel our training program is strong. Schedule changes are completed with a minimum ...

"Customer Service/Tech Support"

I worked at Support.com full-time

Pros

A month of paid training.

Cons

Slow, clunky systems and many programs that are required to be downloaded on to your own computer after creating a separate work account on it. Most likely will be working for Comcast or another such company, dealing with frustrated or irate customers, while trying to navigate laggy programs.

Advice to Management

Your company is decent, but the companies you work for/with put a lot of requirements in place that in turn makes it hard on the lowest rung employees.

Support.com2018-02-08

"Wild ride, great experience, should've left sooner"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Remote, OR

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent break fix experience. Good call control tips from supervisors. Good health care and vacation time benefits. Excellent knowledge base documentation. Two weeks of paid training. Supervisors were always professional.

Cons

CEO promised raises after SDC became profitable, then SDC achieved profitability and he said no raises, they need to remain "competitive." Dumped into production with zero call experience or training. Trainers claimed 64-bit operating systems can't get rootkits. Horrendous PCI compliance violations. Forced to upsell hardware warranties to Comcast customers. Outsourced Sutherland sales reps dishonestly misled... NortonLive customers. Limited promotion options. Appallingly rude customers. Poor schedule options. Policies inconsistent, varied from supervisor to supervisor. 100 sales reps and 150 SE's fired without warning. Inconsistent, arbitrary QA assessments. Unreasonable employee hardware requirements mandated by out-of-touch call center management.

Advice to Management

Don't promise raises then break your promise. Standardize policy adherence across all supervisors.

Support.com2017-11-13

"Remote Support Technician"

Former Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid training and RST certification. Customer compliments could result in gift cards. Mandatory overtime

Cons

Wouldn't work with my schedule of required hours for medically documented treatments. Lack of Supervision and support system in the company and mentoring. No communication between staff and shift leaders. Managers never went over calls and where we could improve our call metrics despite multiple requests.

Advice to Management

Try to work with schedules and requests of hours. Assist employees with Metrics and where they can improve their times. Create workflows that are realistic and work.

Support.com2017-10-08

"Remote Service Technician"

Current Employee - Remote Services Technician

I have been working at Support.com part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home, paid training

Cons

Everything else - Pay and benefits lacking, no 401k matching, 'flexible' schedules meaning the company flexes YOUR schedule, poor advancement opportunity, poor management, poor dissemination of information, inconsistent enforcement of policy and procedure

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees

Support.com2017-10-09

"Great Benefits Horrible Job"

I have been working at Support.com full-time

Pros

Great benefits for vision, dental, and medical Will work around a school schedule Paid training

Cons

Does not match 401K Open about there are no raises you have to move up in the company to get a raise Most tech support jobs you get around $14 and hour here you get $9.75 If you message a Supervior when a customer is asking for one it will take about ten minutes for one to even acknowledge you I was there for one year and my schedule changed 5 items and I had 7 supervisors because they kept reorganizing the... teams with no warning They say you get biweekly 1 on 1s with your supervisor had my last one 7 months he always scheduled one and never actually had one just kept saying would reschedule The one month of training covers how to talk to customers and use the tools but not what any settings mean or how to solve the problems customers are calling in for you have to learn that as you go with customers yelling at you about how much they hate Comcast

Advice to Management

Find time to talk to you're employees

Support.com2017-06-19

"It was ok"

I worked at Support.com part-time

Pros

work from home paid training paid vacation time plenty of overtime

Cons

Management needs an upgrade dealing with Comcast/Xfinity customers no raises no advancement

Advice to Management

give raises Educate Management better communicate better with subordinates

Support.com2017-01-16