Sur La Table Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Sur La Table Phoenix Reviews

Phoenix, AZ Area

4.0
Diane Neal

Pros
  • You get a great employee discount (in 80 reviews)

• I've learned a lot about the products, great discount (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not back customer service decisions made at the store level (in 36 reviews)

• Little to no support from any higher ups within the company or management (in 15 reviews)

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Sur La Table (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Everyone is passionate about their products and services

Cons

Hours are limited since it is a specialty store

2. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Good benefits for full time employees, nice bonus plan, paid vacation time, sick and personal days, flexible schedules, good tools to get the job done, great discounts

Cons

The plan isn't always shared till it's in action so then you have to recover and adapt to the new plan, but it's like that in most companies

Advice to Management

make internal promotions easier, outside the company there are good people but the ones in the company are the ones who make you look great and deserve the chance to achieve a better position

3. "Sur La Table"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Good pay for a part-time retail job
    Easy work
    Laid-back management
    Good discount

Cons

No room for advancement
    Managers not loyal to employees
    A lot of lay-offs

Advice to Management

Do not bring in new employees and then lay off all your current employees who are doing a great job

5. "Best Retail Job I EVER Had"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Overall, my Store Manager was the most professional, warm and dedicated person I have ever worked for. She had immense product knowledge, sense of humor and strict workmanship. We always wanted to excel for her due to her encouragement. Accolades (sp?) for our sales were constant. We were treated as though the store's business was our own business. We all stood for the Sur la Table value and brand because of the positive environment.

Cons

The ability to get a nominal pay increase was not available at the time. Must be a real hustler to work there - it is constantly busy and you are always on the move. Not really a con for many - but don't apply if you can't take constant business flow.

Advice to Management

Offer just a tad more upper management incentive flow to the sales floor. Kudos were sent frequently, but maybe they should be addressed to the individual employee rather than to the store in general.