KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee

Fast-Paced Company that Emphasizes Innovation

Jan 18, 2021 - Law Student in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong sense of community Opportunities to really excel Smaller size allows for direct communication with all levels of management Flexible Good benefits

Cons

Can feel a little sink or swim at times, but whether you sink or swim is really up to you.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great small business

Dec 2, 2020 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team to work with, fun and casual environment, good holidays/PTO

Cons

Pay was a little low

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good starter job

Sep 20, 2019 - Transaction Coordinator in Columbia, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Workplace environment, coworkers, pay, community like vibe

Cons

Management, not a lot of room for promotion

CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

Thanks for letting us know about your experience here with the SuretyBonds.com family. Were happy to hear you enjoyed the close-knit community and fun work environment we work hard to foster on a daily basis. We're sorry to hear you didn't feel supported by management during your time here and wish you would have shared your frustrations with us before leaving so we could have directly addressed your concerns. As a small entrepreneurial company that currently has about 35 full-time employees split across 5 departments, we have historically worked across departments fairly laterally without a formal promotional ladder to climb. We do have structural plans in place to offer a clearer promotional trajectory for employees starting in 2020. We wish you the best of luck in your future personal and professional endeavors.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Aug 8, 2019 - Transaction Coordinator in Columbia, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company with competitive pay. The bosses care and do everything they can to show that. Monthly team building activities and events. Availability to switch to other departments if wanted.

Cons

Favoritism and not enough recognition to the people who truly do care and work hard.

CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

We're sorry to hear you didn't feel appropriately recognized and valued for your contributions to our team during your time here, but we're happy to hear that overall your experience was positive. We sincerely hope all employees always feel heard, understood, and appreciated equally by all team members, especially those in management. Our doors are always open to employees who have concerns or ideas they'd like to discuss, but, unfortunately, we can't always offer an immediate answer or solution in the moment. Sometimes further consideration must be fully explored to ensure initiatives are properly implemented and set a good precedent for the entire team's future. We appreciate the time you spent making the best better with us and hope your experience with SuretyBonds.com gave you a good foundation as you pursue new career opportunities.

5. 5.0

Great Leadership and Great Employees

Mar 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard, play hard attitude with attentive yet empowering management.

Cons

None come to mind at the moment.

CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

Thanks for sharing your experience working with us! Let us know if you ever have any questions, concerns or suggestions for improving any of our internal systems, departments, or worfklows. #putpeoplefirst

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Intern

Mar 4, 2019 - Intern - Hourly
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment, ownership over projects

Cons

Narrow focus on the industry

CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

Thanks for letting us know about your experience as a member of our paid internship program! If you have any suggestions for how we can better meet your needs, we'd love to hear them. We do sell surety bonds, so immersing all employees into the surety industry is vital to our continued growth and success as we market and build out our innovative system improvements for an improved customer experience. We hope you're enjoying your time here and learning a lot about not just our company but also the surety industry as a whole. Let us know if you have any suggestions on how we can keep experiences for our internship programs fresh.

7. 3.0

Great coworkers

Jun 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome coworkers, relaxed environment, decent lay

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect for employees

CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

We're sorry to hear you're not currently satisfied with our management approach and associated company culture we strive to promote every day. With 30 employees spread across 5 departments, it's important to us that all employees feel heard, valued, and appreciated while also being nimble and understanding of the changes we frequently make to our systems, workflows, and employee expectations. Ultimately we're all here to improve the the client's bonding experience, but, unfortunately, we cannot make everybody happy with every decision and change we make. (We would love insight on how to do something like that!) If you'd like to share some specific concerns or suggestions for improvement, you're always welcome to bring them up during our monthly department meetings with the rest of your team present or one-on-one with one or more members of the management team at your discretion. We hope you take this response to heart and help us make the best better not just for clients but also our dedicated employees. #putpeoplefirst #onwardandupward

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Experience w/ Cool Coworkers

Jun 10, 2018 -  in Columbia, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed office environment, gained many skills, CEO and marketing director was always open to giving career advice and recommendations

Cons

Work can become a little mundane, office staff can be cliquey sometimes

CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

Thanks for sharing your marketing internship experience with us. We're happy to hear you walked away with some new professional skills and perspectives on life. We're sorry to hear other departments did not seem open to you. We're always brainstorming ways to encourage internal communication and foster rapport across departments, especially when it comes to integrating our short-term student interns into the mix. One way we do this is by sponsoring monthly company events outside of the office that allow employees to get to know one another on a more personal level. We're always open to specific suggestions on how to improve internal communication and cultivate a more meaningful work experience for all employees. Best of luck with your career!

9. 5.0

Great Company

Apr 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere that still knows how to work hard and get the job done. Everyone in the office is like a big family and we are all willing to help each other out at any moment. As a relatively new company, you're encouraged to bring up any new ideas or improvements for the company, which really makes the aspect of working for a small business so unique.

Cons

There is little to no room for growth within the company.

1 person found this review helpful

CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here at SuretyBonds.com! We're glad to hear your appreciate our laid-back culture and family-style work environment. As a relatively newer and smaller company, we do not have ladders to climb as do more formally structured corporations. We hope to add new advancement opportunities as we continue to grow and expand. We appreciate your hard work and continuous feedback. Keep it up!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

SuretyBonds.com Current Employee Account Manager

Apr 20, 2017 - Account Manager in Columbia, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive but comfortable work environment. Always adapting to ever-changing markets. Keep employees in mind with company events and gatherings outside of work.

Cons

Be prepared to work. Like with any sales job, your performance is measured and you are held accountable to keep up with sales goals.

CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

Thanks so much for summarizing your experience with the company throughout your three-year tenure here. We're glad to hear you embrace our work hard, play hard mentality and appreciate our culture as we strive to cultivate a strong work family. Hitting personal sales goals not only helps us and you measure success but also allows us all to find new ways to challenge ourselves, improve our skills, and grow as employees. Please contact management if you need any guidance for continued growth and improvement. #onwardandupward

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews