SuretyBonds.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Josh Kayser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company"

I have been working at SuretyBonds.com full-time

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere that still knows how to work hard and get the job done. Everyone in the office is like a big family and we are all willing to help each other out at any moment. As a relatively new company, you're encouraged to bring up any new ideas or improvements for the company, which really makes the aspect of working for a small business so unique.

Cons

There is little to no room for growth within the company.

Aug 9, 2017 – CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here at SuretyBonds.com! We're glad to hear your appreciate our laid-back culture and family-style work environment. As a relatively newer and... More

2. "Great coworkers"

I have been working at SuretyBonds.com full-time

Pros

Awesome coworkers, relaxed environment, decent lay

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect for employees

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, be more professional

Jul 23, 2018 – CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

We're sorry to hear you're not currently satisfied with our management approach and associated company culture we strive to promote every day. With 30 employees spread across 5 departments, it's... More

3. "Good Experience w/ Cool Coworkers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I worked at SuretyBonds.com (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed office environment, gained many skills, CEO and marketing director was always open to giving career advice and recommendations

Cons

Work can become a little mundane, office staff can be cliquey sometimes

Jun 12, 2018 – CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

Thanks for sharing your marketing internship experience with us. We're happy to hear you walked away with some new professional skills and perspectives on life. We're sorry to hear other departments... More

4. "SuretyBonds.com Current Employee Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO

I have been working at SuretyBonds.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive but comfortable work environment.
    Always adapting to ever-changing markets.
    Keep employees in mind with company events and gatherings outside of work.

Cons

Be prepared to work.
    Like with any sales job, your performance is measured and you are held accountable to keep up with sales goals.

Advice to Management

Onward and Upward

Aug 9, 2017 – CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

Thanks so much for summarizing your experience with the company throughout your three-year tenure here. We're glad to hear you embrace our work hard, play hard mentality and appreciate our culture as... More

5. "Amazing place to work!"

I have been working at SuretyBonds.com full-time

Pros

Amazing, pleasant, fast-pace, stress free

Cons

There are no complaints yet

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you do because there are no complaints.

Aug 9, 2017 – CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER

We're happy to hear you're enjoying your time here at SuretyBonds.com! As always, please let us know if there's anything management can do to improve your day-to-day workflow. We're always open to... More

6. "disappointing company"

I worked at SuretyBonds.com full-time

Pros

It was a great learning opportunity for those wanting to get to know the insurance / surety bond industry. The product offered and the customer service is good. There is potential here if ownership can get its act together, make improvements and reduce turnover. Not a bad place for someone straight out of college or high school.

Cons

I wouldn't work for these guys again if they were the last company on earth. There is just too much internal office politics between the sales staff, management and others. The place feels like it's run more like a frat house than a professional office. HR and grown up management is virtually non-existant. Ownership is disengaged, distrusts employees, plays favorites and loves sending nasty, threatening emails to the staff. Employees are busy looking to cover up their own mistakes rather than improve nonsensical processes. The company has made it clear that the sales staff can be eventually be easily replaced by the website.

Advice to Management

Place trust in and respect your employees. Make them feel like valued members of the company rather than replaceable peons.

Sep 20, 2016 – Owner

People often spend more waking hours with their coworkers than those they live with, so it’s always been important to us that our work family gets along well. The work itself can be arduous, and at... More

"Youthful Company; Long Hours"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at SuretyBonds.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code. No set hours for each work day. Lots of company activities. Lots of new leads everyday. Company is consistently looking at new ways to promote their brand and reach out to more leads. With any sales position there is pressure to make sales, but it was not overbearing. Compared to other commission based jobs the commission offered is at or above average based on the time and effort put into work. Fun group of people to work with in general. Very knowledgeable company compared to the rest of their competition despite being a relatively newer company. Very good benefits and PTO.

Cons

At times the different departments can feel segregated and not working as a team but playing CYA. Management is mostly focused on supporting their processing team as opposed to their sales team. VERY LONG WORK HOURS; do not expect to work 8-5 and be successful. PTO can be difficult to schedule as this is a smaller company. At times management would be reactive as opposed to proactive when dealing with internal issues. No major career growth within the company. You are not able to keep your book of business if you were to leave the company (this can be expected with companies that provide the leads). There is no set training program for the sales position, it would be best to know the industry before jumping into surety bonds.

Advice to Management

Overall this is a successful company and no major changes are needed. Supporting the sales team will go a long way to promote employee moral. Find a way to promote a better work/life balance as it was no where to be found at times.

8. "Innovative company making moves in a tired industry. Learning experience every day."

Current Employee - CMO in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - CMO in Columbia, MO

Pros

Young innovative company comprised of a team of smart, highly dedicated individuals. The company CEO/co-founder is just under 30 so very much of a millennial mindset when it comes to the way we work & do things. Able to get more done since the ethos is smarter, not harder across all of our efforts. The company offers a niche product and excels at doing 1 thing and doing it really well. Decision-makers seem to really care about the success of their employees and try to cultivate that on a daily basis. "Upward and onward" is an on-going tagline around the office.

Cons

A better term here would be challenges I think as the company has just expanded so quickly since its inception. There are certainly growing pains that must be tackled quickly & swiftly so staying nimble is critical. The job certainly requires commitment and a vested interest but that's the whole team's mentality so it's compelling to adopt it all the same.

9. "Small Company, Big Business!"

Current Employee - Renewal Assistant in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Renewal Assistant in Columbia, MO

I have been working at SuretyBonds.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started working at Suretybonds.com and in the first week everyone has been inviting, supportive, and encouraging in everything I've done! The atmosphere around the office is awesome and anyone would be lucky to work around such a hard working but fun group.

Cons

The company has a small business feel so if you're used to more standardized and corporate settings like I was, you may have a little trouble adjusting but if you let yourself into the company culture you'll see why they are so successful.

Advice to Management

I think management created this company around a few simple, great ideas and although they have grown a lot over the last few years, they have held onto those core values making it a very exciting place to work.

10. "Hard Work Reaps Great Rewards! Highly Recommended!"

Current Employee - Renewal Account Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Renewal Account Manager in Columbia, MO

I have been working at SuretyBonds.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason that suretybonds.com is so successful is the people! From Co-workers to Managers they are all amazing and really listen when you have an idea to improve the process in which the company operates. Company Events! And everyday feels like family! These people are serious business minded people that get amazing amounts of work done but find a way to have fun at the same time.

Cons

The learning curve when you first start is rough because Surety is not easy! But the people here at SUPER knowledgeable and give you the tools, time and resources to get up to speed of all there is to know about Surety!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You have built an amazing company that has accomplished so many milestones in the short time you have been in business! You have a great product, refined process and incredible people!