Surf Air Reviews | Glassdoor

Surf Air Reviews

Found 13 reviews

2.6
Sudhin Shahani

"Great Opportunity, Talented People, Amazing Culture!"

I have been working at Surf Air full-time

Pros

Great team and strong culture. Powerful industry changing concept. I come to work every day excited for the future of this company. Every person who works here believes in the business, does their part to continue to make it grow, and are extremely talented and natural entrepreneurs. Very team oriented, and a healthy work-hard, play-hard environment. Team happy hours and flight privileges don't hurt either!

Cons

Because Surf Air is a start up, it comes with a high work load, high responsibility, and having to get a little creative with your resources. However, I think its safe to say that people who work here do not view this as a con as it allows for freedom, room to be creative, and a unique ability to be apart of something big!

Surf Air2015-08-05

"FYRE Festival Made Membership Airline"

I have been working at Surf Air full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with. Mostly kind and approachable

Cons

- disorganized - mediocre management of assets and personnel - product push only to generate cashflow, even if product is unviable - misleading and obscure marketing to clients - a travel membership company perpetually changing/reducing flights despite posted schedule. Zero or minimal communication to client base. - low, stagnated salary pay despite everincreasing work load

Advice to Management

Sell the company while its worth anything and in the meantime, stop lying and misrepresenting the truth to paying customers.

Surf Air2019-03-23
  3. "FYRE AIR...Mayday! Mayday! Going down fast."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Surf Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was nothing that you could wrong because there wasn't anything right happening. Very few flights were late, because they never took off. You were able to really enjoy watching the Fyre Festival documentaries because it was the Surf Air playbook. Not a hard job, because there wasn't anything to sell, and if you did, you weren't paid for it.

Cons

Rampant lying to every person. Missed paychecks. Avoiding client calls so they couldn't cancel. Poor leadership. Bait and switch on every product. A money-grab to stay afloat (or should we say flying). Absent CEO. Disregard for the reality of the business. Aloof spending. Many lawsuits against the company and ignored bills.

Advice to Management

Call it a day. Flush this turd and move on. Or, call up Ja Rule and rebrand as Fyre Air. At least that way people will expect to get screwed.

Surf Air2019-02-19
  4. "Sales"

I worked at Surf Air full-time

Pros

Relaxed company culture, industry is cool.

Cons

Lack of leadership and lack of career opportunities

Surf Air2018-10-16

"Membership"

I worked at Surf Air full-time

Pros

Absolutely NON! I can't even say free travel because with only 8 seats/plane, you could never book a (free) flight. PAYING members couldn't even secure flights!

Cons

Disengaged apathetic CEO and ALL management. BTW Jeff Potter no longer CEO. CEO is now Sudhin Shanhani. Company lacks culture & doesn't care about customers or employees. Being sued by IRS I think their days are numbered.

Advice to Management

Fire all management and get a new management team!

Surf Air2018-10-02

"Sales Manager"

I worked at Surf Air full-time

Pros

Concept, location, flying perks, unlimited vacation

Cons

Leadership, lack of funding

Advice to Management

Lead

Surf Air2018-08-21

"Great people, bad culture"

I worked at Surf Air full-time

Pros

Surf Air has an amazing product, and an amazing clientele. The company vision is stellar, and it was a really fun place to work. My coworkers were amazing, and I valued the time I had with them.

Cons

- The management team has a revolving door. - Snap decisions affect staff and operations. - Management talks a lot about company culture, but does not actively promote it.

Advice to Management

A quote has been making the rounds at the office recently: "Companies Die From Indigestion — Not Starvation" This should be more than a platitude.

Surf Air2018-08-29

"Concierge? Club Host? Ugh no."

Former Employee - Concierge in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Surf Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pilots have a good sense of humor , airline privileges.

Cons

Previous reviewer mentioning "high school" environment is absolutely right. No training , no support at all. No breaks , no lunches. I'm serious. Never once felt welcomed or recognized. Trainer for orientation was two hours late both days. A couple British Airways washouts tripping over you to redo your work for the third time during they're six hour work day. San Carlos office is a group of Peter Pan syndrome hens...

Advice to Management

Develop a proper process for EVERYTHING. Housekeeper, rental car agent, mini bar restocker, valet, membership advisor , cookie and chips police, complaint reception = Surf Air Concierge/Club Host. Also loose the tyrannical she mummy at San Carlos Airport, her seventeen bucks an hour is got her power drunk and hostile to new recruits.

Surf Air2017-12-19

"Club Host"

I have been working at Surf Air full-time

Pros

Great community of people and employees!

Cons

Everything can switch on a dime and nothing is set in stone for long! There is poor communication all throughout the company on EVERY level/

Surf Air2017-10-31
  10. "Good company with great perks!"

Former Employee - Concierge in Oakland, CA

I worked at Surf Air part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you like people this is a great job. You get to talk to a lot of people each day and help make their travel experience the best possible. Hours are not bad and the days go by fast. The best perk is you get to use the planes when you are not working!

Cons

Communication was not great within the company. A lot of memos and such slipped through the cracks. A decent amount of times our clients had questions that we did not have the answers to at that moment.

Advice to Management

Work on the communication aspect.

Surf Air2017-08-03