Surpass llc Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Nemcovich and Bob Davis

1. "Enjoyed my time there"

I worked at Surpass llc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent Monday-Friday schedule, few needed weekend days
    Most holidays off
    Work is really easy
    Pay increase was rolled out across the board just recently
    They like to provide lunch a couple of times per month
    Gives out tickets to baseball games for performance
    Bonus is easy to get

Cons

Pay was lower, but reasonablel considering the work
    Pay increase was rolled out across the board after I left

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for reps to expand their horizons. It would have been nice if rep talent was more recognized on an individual level

"worst job i have ever had in my life."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Surpass llc part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easiest job ever, no one can get it wrong.

Cons

pay isn't worth the crap you have to deal with from leadership. Got fired because I was "late" when it was my BOSS who turned off my computer to fix something so when I came in, had to reboot it and it made me late. They say when that happens to put a 'punch adjustment' in to fix it.. I did and still got wrote up then fired. Leadership think they are gods to everyone and talk to them like they are children. Make you fear for your job every day. You never know when you'll be fired. Yell at their employees. This is coming from LYNCHBURG VIRGINIA. They fire and hire constantly. Their business will go down. Watch. I advise that NO ONE APPLY WITH THEM!

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people with respect and get the hostile environment out of your business. Learn how to actually be a manager. Not a bully. Its ridiculous what you put employees through.

3. "Supervisor was convicted for embezzling nearly 300,000 .00at Genworth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Pros

Made a few good friends

Cons

The supervisor at surpass is a convicted felon. Embezzled nearly 300,000.00 from Genworth back in 2007. Also convicted of identity theft so warnING to any company who wants to do business with Surpass. Also if you apply with this company you may want to think twice because she will have your ss# and other personal info

Advice to Management

Hire law abiding citizens and get better management.

"AVOID THIS COMPANY AND OWNER AT ALL COSTS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for this company except that it's in the Boston area.

Cons

paychecks bounced
    health insurance was cancelled monthly
    owner yelled at everyone
    owner pitted employee vs employee and made them spy on each other to keep job
    owner flaunted own wealth while laughing about conditions employees worked in

Advice to Management

to Owner...NEVER RUN ANOTHER COMPANY AGAIN
    to managers...get a REAL job with a REAL employer who doesn't belittle you...

"Account Operating Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at Surpass llc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was opportunities to advance your career fairly quickly

Cons

Did not allow Full-Time Employment. There was not consistency their bonus programs.

"Not sure what all of the negativity is for"

I worked at Surpass llc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company cares. During my time there I didnt see one employee leave where the company did not do everything they could to work with them. leadership was very laid back and knew how to help agents enjoy their time while at work while still maintaining their expectations from the team. The job was very easy and paid pretty well for this area.

Cons

The schedules change frequently although not as much as they used to. sometimes communication was lacking but this got a lot better recently.

7. "1 star is one too many!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met someone who will be my friend for life.

Cons

Nothing about the company 'Surpassed' expectations. As others have stated, my paycheck and expense checks bounced on a regular basis. Insurance was literally cancelled EVERY month for non-payment and the owner, Ken, would then have his wife, who was paid for 40 hours, but never worked 40 hours, drive to pay the insurance in person by 5 pm the last day of the grace period, but the employees who had their insurance cancelled had already paid additional money out of pocket for any medical expenses, which were never reimbursed.
    The owner was a joke. He did not know what was happening on the call center floor, but when one of his family members or one of his 'favorites' expressed a negative opinion about someone or something happening that person was called to Ken's office while he yelled and screamed, demoralized, degraded and insulted the person for no good reason. The owner would also flaunt his tickets to basketball and baseball games, his golf membership at a really great course in Florida, his houses and his cars. He felt that showing his employees what he had would motivate them while their own paychecks bounced, insurance was cancelled and bonuses went unpaid.
    Anyone who had an ounce of knowledge got out of there as quickly as they could...turnover in call centers was high, but Surpass' turnover was ridiculous.
    The owner told clients things about the company that weren't true, like the back up system that we had, the 24 tech support that we had, the duplication of records, etc....you can see that the world is a much better place with Surpass not in the picture.

Advice to Management

None needed now as they closed their doors to avoid paying numerous lawsuits pending against them.

8. "Love the people, but work was a pain."

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with, and liked the supervisors. You could get bonuses by getting more sales. The building was very nice. The training program was very user friendly and nicely acquainted you with the job.

Cons

Turn over rate was too high. Often we didn't have much customer information, and sometimes the things they had us ask of the customer were not very realistic. One time one of my paychecks bounced.

Advice to Management

Stop firing all the good managers.

9. "Horrible Employer"

Current Employee - Inbound Representative in Bedford, NH
    Current Employee - Inbound Representative in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Surpass llc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only thing that was a pro with this job is the people on the floor and some of the Leadership in place.

Cons

Every thing else. From the way they treat the representatives to the amount they pay to checks bouncing, not being compensated for your hard work with raises or incentives. This is just in general a horrible company to work for. They only see the employees as dollar signs and not as people. Then to put family that is not qualified into upper level management is just a sign of how poorly you run your company. When you do not put someone with experience and the background to effectively run your company, it goes to hell.

Advice to Management

Put deserving people into leadership and management positions not just any Joe Shmoe of the street or family that does not have any idea what goes on here. Also, increase pay for tenured agents. These agents that have been with you for years are now seeking other employment due to the lack of compensation and compassion received from your managers.

10. "Incompetent, incompetent leadership from the top"

Former Employee - Leadership in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Leadership in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc full-time

Pros

A place you can make a few (literally) bucks without the fuss of drug testing or background checks.

Cons

Top leadership is totally incompetent, having severely mismanaged the finances to the point of missing payroll, getting medical insurance policy canceled for non-payment, and to the very edge of bankruptcy. Experienced managers were forced to take deep pay cuts and work long hours on shifts they were not hired for, while incompetent, inexperienced family members assumed positions of authority. Top leadership is a hyper reactive, unprofessional, screaming, fist-pounder. Smart, experienced leaders ran for real jobs, since they were being threatened with termination anyway. Career opportunities only truly exist for family. Others can take on the hard work, but will only be recognized if they drop one of the many balls they will juggle. Employees are often terminated without cause or documentation. It is only a matter of time before someone closes the door...for one reason or another!

Many area service businesses are familiar with the Surpass reputation and have scarred employees that tell stories.They also have a file a mile long with the department of labor. Just ask the state.

Advice to Management

Keep your word. Replace family with real leaders, pay people a fair wage, and treat them fairly, or close the doors.