Surya Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Satya Tiwari

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fast-paced, fun and lot of learning opportunity" (in 4 reviews)

• "I worked with some amazing people" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "In Surya's case, the company values, mostly, are the very things upper management does NOT want" (in 10 reviews)

• "low pay, once a year raises, the place is going downhill FAST with losing several of the top Leadership team members and downsizing pay scales" (in 7 reviews)

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Cartersville, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at Surya full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for growth-oriented and passionate people to be part of building a strong company and impacting the industry in a positive way

Cons

An entrepreneurial environment doesn't work for everyone, you have to remain flexible and open minded and okay with building your own structure and processes

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with everyone as progress and improvements are made and be honest on the things that are still a work in progress and will require more time and resources but celebrate the wins along the way.

"DON'T JOIN THIS COMPANY"

I worked at Surya full-time

Pros

This company make you realize you deserve much better than working here

Cons

poor Leadership, poor Management, worst Work environment, Poor benefits and policies

"CEO won't change so don't think he will"

I worked at Surya full-time

Pros

great product and really great people working there. the people put in the extra effort to keep the company going.

Cons

ceo micro manages and is abusive. his mood varies and you never know if you'll get trashed in front of colleagues. he won't change. he's burned through so many people it's laughable. try and find someone there longer than 2-3 years. if they are there longer, they have no other options. really, don't believe it's better now because it can't be as long as the current ceo is leading.

Advice to Management

advice doesn't matter. the place churns through so many people and yet the ceo behavior continues.

"RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!"

Pros

The product is the only good thing about this company!

Cons

Everything. The CEO is the most horrible person and is a HR walking nightmare. He is so inappropriate! He only cares about himself and writes the positive comments on GD. He's obsessed with these ratings. There is absolutely no room for growth and benefits are terrible.

Advice to Management

There is no mgmt. None of them have a voice and are all yes ppl.

"Good Reviews Written by Surya Management"

I worked at Surya full-time

Pros

Steady employment for a *short* time.

Cons

Prejudiced and disingenuous senior management.

Advice to Management

Try honesty.

"Unprofessional and tyrannical CEO"

Pros

Good people trying to do the right thing - but ultimately micro managed by an untrustworthy and selfish leader.

Cons

Embarrassingly brutal. Several good mid and senior level managers have been brought in to try to help the team, but one by one they leave because of the CEO. He is the one and only reason this company has a revolving door. His monthly town hall meetings are a showcase in stupidity. He makes condescending remarks, and just altogether lacks professionalism in the worst way. I have no idea why this guy was ever even considered an entrepreneur of the year.

DO NOT consider coming to this company. If you are here - GET OUT as soon as you possible can. This is not one persons feelings, at least half of the people here feel the same way. The other half may not have a choice.

Advice to Management

Close up shop or get rid of the CEO and start over.

7. "Intern"

I worked at Surya (Less than a year)

Pros

Good internship experience, I was given a project that felt like it mattered and came out of it having learned.

Cons

Heard some complaints about management but had no negative experiences myself. Other interns also seemed to have little to do compared to me, so it depended on who your boss was.

8. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Surya full-time

Pros

Management is working on sth

Cons

Not much room to advance

Advice to Management

Keep fixing stuff

"High potential"

I have been working at Surya full-time

Pros

I think Surya works out well for people with high potential who have the motivation to pursue their own growth. I agree that there is a lot of work and sometimes there are not enough people to do it. Sometimes you don't always have what you think is the right tool at the time, other times you may have disagreements with a manager or coworker on a process. But the best thing you can do for your career, in my opinion, is to work at a place that allows you to actually experience those situations and be loaded down with a lot of responsibility to learn as much as you can, whether you apply that learning to your job at Surya or go on to work somewhere else. I think Surya is a great place to have those experiences and earn that growth.
    Surya may not be the company to pay you back for that growth, but if they don’t, someone else will. You're earning those experiences for yourself in the long haul, and I think that that can be pretty powerful. Some people who have left Surya have gone on to other really great jobs and careers because of the skills they picked up while working here. I have to say that I've learned a lot, and I'll admit that not all of it was easy, but I definitely think it has been worth it.

Cons

Pay is low and the commute is tough if you want to live in the city. They're working on adding more structure and training programs. I don't know who to credit with that but I think HR is working hard.

Advice to Management

Try to be flexible and connect with people. If better pay isn't an option please try to find other incentives to keep/bring good talent.

10. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Surya (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, fun and lot of learning opportunity

Cons

Team politics, below standard compensation