Susquehanna International Group (SIG) Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2019

3.7
Susquehanna International Group (SIG) CEO Jeff Yass
Jeff Yass
Pros
  • "Free lunch, gym, and fun employee events(in 56 reviews)

• "Incredible employee benefits ranging from free food, tickets, and other fun work events(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • "Nothing major, occasionally long hours(in 42 reviews)

• "Like we can’t take a walk in the middle of the day because the traders can’t(in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"SIG, great people, latest technology, incredible growth."

Former Employee - Senior Technologist in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SIG is a great company period. I worked at SIG in the Technology space for almost twenty-three years. During that time, I worked with great people, worked on the latest technology and witnessed incredible growth. SIG’s biggest asset are its people. I’ve worked with some incredibly talented people during my time there. People that are smart, hard-working, team oriented and respectful. I believe SIG strives... to hire people with all of those qualities with equal emphasis on ALL of them. As a result, it promotes an environment of constant learning, challenges and success. It is not big leap to think that Technology plays a big role in most companies. It is the same at SIG but the difference being, SIG constantly assesses latest technology and if any of it can provide a competitive advantage, SIG will leverage it no matter how new it may be. They are in the business of assessing risk and that includes the use of technology. For a technologist this is the best type environment to learn, grow and be successful. As far as growth is concerned, over the last 23 years, I have seen SIG grow from 4 offices to 14 including international offices in Sydney, Dublin, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. The bottom line is it did not stop growing the entire time I was there and there was no indication it was going to stop anytime soon. I could close this review with a pros and cons list but I think that can be read in other reviews. Some I would agree with and some I would not. One pro that I will always give SIG big kudos is in the area of benefits. They provided adoption assistance benefits 20 years ago during a time when it was not very common. I may be a bit biased but if this is the thought that always comes to mind after being at a company for over twenty years that speaks volumes about that company. It is a great company with great people, using great technology to fuel incredible growth. I think nothing more needs to be said.

Cons

All jobs and companies have their challenges. None here to merit a mention.

Advice to Management

Although the hiring process is quite involved, the system works. It brings in smart, hard-working, team oriented and respectful people.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-08-26

"SIG provided a comfortable work environment and great leadership."

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for less than a year

Pros

0. Manager open to ideas for improvement 1. Breakfast and lunch provided 2. Gym in building

Cons

0. This was a co-op work experience. I wish that there was a greater variety of non-software-based co-op positions available as I would return in a heartbeat in a different position.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-11-05
  3. "kind of a cult"

Current Employee - Campus Recruiting Coordinator in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for more than a year

Pros

they do a lot of events and things for employees during they day because they dont let you leave the office during working hours. very casual dress code

Cons

people are very political.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-11-13

"Relaxed but confusing"

I have been working at Susquehanna International Group (SIG)

Pros

Relaxed environment. Casual clothes, even shorts in the summer. Free food breakfast and lunch and leftovers! Not cutting corners cost wise on certain employee benefits. Not having to schedule vacations super far in advance, and unlimited sick time. Free gym and shower with towel service, hair dryers, and soap/shampoo/conditioner! Bike parking! Free car parking! No time clock—flexible hours as long as you’re in when... market is open. Avoid the city tax by being on north side of City Ave! Steady and interesting work.

Cons

Confusing from the very beginning, even interview process. The mentality is “we don’t do titles”, so company organization is super confusing. I’ve wasted a lot of time trying to figure out who does what and who to talk to about what. My manager’s response was: “get used to it.” Only room for lateral movement and not upper unless going into management. Also couldn’t get a straight answer about hours and workday... length from anybody while I was interviewing. The answer seems to be a 9 hour workday and you must be here when the trading floor is open, 9:30-4. I really don’t know why it was so hard to get an answer for that! Interns are paid for 9 hour days and get overtime pay. We have a working lunch, so anytime you’re eating you could randomly get called into a meeting. It’s really not a big deal now to me not that I’m used to it, but it was a bit jarring to have to give a presentation during my interview while eating. So heads up on that. I think I barely ate that day haha! Pay is on the lower end. My advice to anyone applying here is to get raise from your current job even when planning to leave. SIG bases their offer on your current salary and just adjusts based on cost of living. I made that mistake as I was due for a substantial raise at old job but didn’t ask for it before I left, thinking SIG wouldn’t do that to me. They did, and I make $15k less than I should be because of it. They try to tell you they do market research on salary, but if that’s the case they wouldn’t be asking about your previous pay. Also easy enough to do the math in a cost of living calculator. Also in regards to pay negotiations—don’t let them fool you. Nobody gets a raise their first year; it’s not just you because you asked for more money lol. And the job titles thing, they try to act like everyone is equal but they contradict themselves a lot on it haha. Like we can’t take a walk in the middle of the day because the traders can’t...but the traders make a lot more and make more than my base pay in bonuses lol. So no you’re not equal.

Advice to Management

Read above. More openness during hiring process. Better and more fair pay. Paths for career and pay advancement. Otherwise generally happy here.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-10-09

"Productive and fun place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst

I have been working at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Surround by smart people, casual environment, free lunch

Cons

REALLY BAD pay, no career opportunities outside of trading

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-10-22
  6. "Challenging and Rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Technology in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

Pros

Being able to work alongside a group of smart and engaging people

Cons

Hours can be long at times

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-10-08

"On market for pay and hours"

Current Employee - Tax Associate

I have been working at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time

Pros

Free lunch, gym, and fun employee events

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-07-03

"Excellent place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

Pros

No micro management Trading experience Excellent campus Free food

Cons

Sometimes you can get stuck with wrong manager just like any other place, if you are unlucky

Advice to Management

Awesome place, just wish HR could be better

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-06-28

"No such thing as a free lunch"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do not charge you for lunch.

Cons

9-10 hour work days. Watch your back culture, witnessed middle-managers lying to upper management for personal gain. (Taking credit for others work, throwing people under the bus -- I have been yelled at by manager in front of upper management for not completing an assignment that I was never given). Trade room floors. Management attempts to sell this as "collaborative, with lots of communication." Trade floor... rooms are LOUD. People yelling, traders trading with people over the phone. Make sure to invest in good headphones. Management seems to be apathetic to the well-being of employees.

Advice to Management

Put only traders on the trade room floors. Stop applying the implied mandatory 10+ hour day. No one is actually working 4-6 anyway.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-07-27

"Good job"

Former Employee - Trader

I worked at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time

Pros

Smart and nice people. Good hours and pay.

Cons

Repetitive. Not solving and important problem for the world.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-06-12