Susquehanna International Group (SIG) "breakfast and lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group (SIG) Employee Reviews about "breakfast and lunch"

Updated Feb 19, 2020

3.8
Susquehanna International Group (SIG) Managing Director Jeff Yass
Jeff Yass
Pros
Cons
  • "Nothing major, occasionally long hours(in 41 reviews)

• "Like we can’t take a walk in the middle of the day because the traders can’t(in 24 reviews)

Reviews about "breakfast and lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for more than a year

Pros

SIG offers so many perks, it's hard to list them all! Free breakfast/lunch, free Starbucks coffee, on-site car repairs & car wash, on-site medical facility... The atmosphere is very modern and they have an open floor seating plan (which I didn't think I would like at first, but it actually made me more productive in the long run). Because of this, the teams are tightly integrated which was a refreshing departure from the 'silo' approach of sitting in a cube that I experienced in almost every other company I've worked with. They offer you the ability to learn new technologies across departments, and grow your existing experience with whatever they hired you for. I worked for the IT department under Bob and Rob, and they were two of the best bosses I ever had. Very personable, and easy to approach. I was very sad to leave -

Cons

Had to work overnight and on weekend occasionally due to my role (server administration). Did not get as many opportunities to work from home as I would have liked.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2020-02-19

"SIG provided a comfortable work environment and great leadership."

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for less than a year

Pros

0. Manager open to ideas for improvement 1. Breakfast and lunch provided 2. Gym in building

Cons

0. This was a co-op work experience. I wish that there was a greater variety of non-software-based co-op positions available as I would return in a heartbeat in a different position.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-11-05

"Relaxed but confusing"

I have been working at Susquehanna International Group (SIG)

Pros

Relaxed environment. Casual clothes, even shorts in the summer. Free food breakfast and lunch and leftovers! Not cutting corners cost wise on certain employee benefits. Not having to schedule vacations super far in advance, and unlimited sick time. Free gym and shower with towel service, hair dryers, and soap/shampoo/conditioner! Bike parking! Free car parking! No time clock—flexible hours as long as you’re in when market is open. Avoid the city tax by being on north side of City Ave! Steady and interesting work.

Cons

Confusing from the very beginning, even interview process. The mentality is “we don’t do titles”, so company organization is super confusing. I’ve wasted a lot of time trying to figure out who does what and who to talk to about what. My manager’s response was: “get used to it.” Only room for lateral movement and not upper unless going into management. Also couldn’t get a straight answer about hours and workday length from anybody while I was interviewing. The answer seems to be a 9 hour workday and you must be here when the trading floor is open, 9:30-4. I really don’t know why it was so hard to get an answer for that! Interns are paid for 9 hour days and get overtime pay. We have a working lunch, so anytime you’re eating you could randomly get called into a meeting. It’s really not a big deal now to me not that I’m used to it, but it was a bit jarring to have to give a presentation during my interview while eating. So heads up on that. I think I barely ate that day haha! Pay is on the lower end. My advice to anyone applying here is to get raise from your current job even when planning to leave. SIG bases their offer on your current salary and just adjusts based on cost of living. I made that mistake as I was due for a substantial raise at old job but didn’t ask for it before I left, thinking SIG wouldn’t do that to me. They did, and I make $15k less than I should be because of it. They try to tell you they do market research on salary, but if that’s the case they wouldn’t be asking about your previous pay. Also easy enough to do the math in a cost of living calculator. Also in regards to pay negotiations—don’t let them fool you. Nobody gets a raise their first year; it’s not just you because you asked for more money lol. And the job titles thing, they try to act like everyone is equal but they contradict themselves a lot on it haha. Like we can’t take a walk in the middle of the day because the traders can’t...but the traders make a lot more and make more than my base pay in bonuses lol. So no you’re not equal.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-10-09

"Great place to work with a ton of perks"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-relaxed culture -free gym -free catered breakfast/lunch everyday

Cons

-Raises can be slow to earn -Not much movement for growth

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-05-21

"Great People, Not much flexibility"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

Pros

Great people all across the firm. Management is easy going, you work to your strengths. Free breakfast and lunch. I truly enjoy working at SIG - It is a pleasant place to work.

Cons

No telecommuting or flexibility with hours. No true lunch break to run errands.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2019-05-16

"Pros and Cons"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional coworkers. Gym onsite. Free breakfast and lunch.

Cons

No room for growth. Not supportive mid level management.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2018-06-12

"Nothing else like it in Philly"

I have been working at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Company perks are generous (provide breakfast & lunch, local area deals, wellness center) -Location is great -Growing/hiring regularly -Good hours -Thoughtful/kind colleagues (at least, in my experience)

Cons

-Can be hard to see your career direction- they require you to bit of a 'self-starter' to move into a new position/team (not necessarily bad, but probably not for everyone) -Vacation average (but seems out of place when a lot of the other things SIG offers are above average) -Hard to see the big picture sometimes

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2017-12-04

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) full-time

Pros

Friendly people Great gym Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

There's no "real" lunch break

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2017-09-25

"Not an Intellectually Stimulating Work Environment for Interns"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Susquehanna International Group (SIG)

Pros

The on-site gym is spectacular, and the free breakfast and lunch are great perks. Also, from what I understand, the hours (45-55/week) are quite a reprieve for a job in finance.

Cons

Some of the people at the firm are really weird - smart, but definitely quirky; also, probably 90% of the front-office employees are male. As interns, the work is mostly menial labor across all positions: manual data entry, going on coffee runs for the traders, etc, and is terrifically boring. Campus recruiting seemingly lied to candidates from the beginning of the internship, and consistently exhibited poor judgment and a lack of foresight when planning events for and interacting with the interns. Restrictive non-compete clause in the *intern* contract.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2017-09-26
  10. "Not bad"

I have been working at Susquehanna International Group (SIG)

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch with coffee, benefits

Cons

The pay is low for the work.

Susquehanna International Group (SIG)2017-08-17

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 56 reviews