Sutherland Reviews | Glassdoor

Sutherland Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi
Dilip R. Vellodi

1,503 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • People talk about work life balance being a con, but if you take ownership of your own time its great as long as you deliver the results (in 25 reviews)

• Odd shift timings very poor life work balance very low pay hell of pressure lack of proper sleep due to odd shift (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"CloudSource work from home"

Pros

Promote from within culture, great people to work for, as well as Career Development.

Cons

I don't have any cons to say about Sutherland. Its a great company to work for.

2. "Consulatant"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Chennai (India)

Pros

Great place ot work and to learn new stuff

Cons

Work life balance, leave policy

3. "Disappointing"

Former Employee - Xbox Consultant/Support Agent
    Former Employee - Xbox Consultant/Support Agent

I worked at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training. This Company put a lot of effort into training and making sure you were prepared for the job before putting you on calls.

Cons

It all depends on the program, but I highly suggest you not leave one company to come to this one. They will let you go for no reason, tell you it is due to numbers even if you are a top performer in the company. Not a trustworthy company and extremely misleading

Advice to Management

Stop wasting your funds. Get better organized. Employees who care about the customers will make you more money. Management is coaching and development. Value your Employees.

5. "wrk experience"

I worked at Sutherland full-time

Pros

salary on timr
    people are after you and wking environment is comfortable and friendly
    they provide u proper facilities and help

Cons

rotational shift not good for health and less scope od development ;money is less and work load is a lot ; mreover u won't get off easily even if u have a genuine reason

Advice to Management

shld heire more people as wrk load is more on wrking clients ; they shld provde more facilities to the employees

6. "Google POC"

I worked at Sutherland full-time

Pros

I definitely learned a lot in this position, the payments were on time and the environment (people and facilities) were usually great.

Cons

Lack of growth, the management of this campaigns is not always well prepared for their positions, I absolutely believe they hire people that are wiling to learn (most of them) unfortunately they don't seem to be prepared for their positions, this often leads to bad campaign management, unhappy employees and lack of growth.

Advice to Management

Train your employees and encourage them to learn and grow.

7. "Gud for Starters"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chennai (India)

Pros

Good incentives, Good improvisation in communication, free cab

Cons

High priced food, Salary, Politics

Advice to Management

Remove Politics

8. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria (Egypt)

Pros

Its a global organization and always challenges your capabilities whether in the leadership, management, team management, decision making and communication skills. You will face different types of people across all levels that comes from different cultures and background. Career opportunities do exist but not clear. Work at home is another added advantage.

Cons

No clear career planning or discussion. Policies and favoritism is a major downfall. The job is not safe as management changes overnight with no clear communication or direction. compensation paid is much lower than the same level position and duties in any company

Advice to Management

Have a clear plan where you want the organization to be. plan accordingly and communicate your plan. Have a fair evaluation of people. Set the right expectation for everyone. have streamlined policies in place.

9. "BYO Solutions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sutherland Global Services offers great employment opportunities which allow employees to grow a career to the level they wish either locally or internationally.

Cons

As a startup location there are frequent construction projects.

10. "Good learning experience but never again"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Sutherland full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people working in this company are very smart and will gladly share what they know. I travelled to very interesting places and worked with awesome clients. I made a handful of great friends and I'm very thankful for what I was able to learn here.

Cons

The company is horrible. They treat their employees as if they were expendable. The culture is completely rotten, and they have a very strong favoritism thing going on. If you're on someone's good side, you're ok. But if you're not, you're never going anywhere - or maybe you are: you're out! They never protect their employeez, I even escalated one directot who was legitimately harrasing me, doing everything in his power to make me fail, lying about me, even generating gossip as if work was a highschool, and what did HR do? Nothing. I emailed his boss directly detailing the last recount of his transgressions, he ignored my email and instead called me on the phone because he knew that was the only way to "calm down" the situation and NOT leave any records, all trying to protect him. This director dared tell me in a meeting with other witnesses that I had to work more hours (I was already working 14 hour days) to "justify" the company's investment in sending me to a different location for a project (when there was a business need for me to be there). I suffered the worst treatment in this company, I was yelled at many times, insultes by my leaders, only because they are "oldschool" and completely lack emotional intelligence and the abilith to fuction as good leaders under stress. It's a company stuck in the past. For 4 years of my life I was overworked, underpaid and mistreated. This company lets bullies get away with it. It's disgusting. Every smart person I know that still works here wants to leave as soon as possible.

Advice to Management

Nothing. There is no fixing something so rotten. They would have to tear it down and start over. It's an absolute disgrace what they do to people, they break your spirit and make you hate your job. They don't foster creativity, or collaboration, or teamwork. They don't care about their employees development, they don't care about doing things RIGHT.

11. "Agent/Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Sutherland full-time

Pros

Opportunities for moderate growth, Various schedules that may work with anyone's lifestyle, benefits

Cons

Incentives are always changing and becoming harder to acheive, promotions from within are a good idea though management doesn't appear to always be trained to be good leaders or manage teams

Showing 1,503 of 1,529 reviews