Sutherland Reviews | Glassdoor

Sutherland Reviews

Updated September 21, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • People talk about work life balance being a con, but if you take ownership of your own time its great as long as you deliver the results (in 33 reviews)

• Odd shift timings very poor life work balance very low pay hell of pressure lack of proper sleep due to odd shift (in 51 reviews)

1. "Sutherland Review"

I worked at Sutherland full-time

Pros

They hire easy & the training teachers are great

Cons

They mess up on your pay frequently & you don't have a say so on your schedules

2. "Its A Job"

Former Employee - No Longer An Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - No Longer An Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Sutherland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a Paycheck. Suit yourself

Cons

Micro management. Suit yourself. A job is just that

3. "Associate Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent health insurance options-As of July 2017 Blue cross blue shield
    Really good dental insurance- As of July 2017 Metlife
    I have had the luck/opportunity presented to me to move up. Luckily the accounts I have worked with have been good at recognizing my hard work and desire to move up. I do know that not every account is great and works this way. My personal experience has been positive.
    Do get raises every year between 1%-5 .5%. Usually people fall in 2-3% area. Even though 1%-5.5% does not seem like a lot. I do know people that have been with the company for 10-20 years. Those raises add up over time. If you move accounts your pay stays with you or goes up if they are an account that pays more.

Cons

401k is bad for a huge company like this. They do excel in other benefit areas, but this is not one of them. They technically have one but they don't match, Which is kind of odd for a company of this size.
    This is a huge corporations so money will always be the bottom line. I have seen people who have worked there for years and were okay/decent workers but were let go for financial reasons or at least the discussion happened even if they did not act on it.
    Also most of the jobs at Sutherland are Customer service rep jobs. You do get Customers that want to get upset and take their anger about their bill out on you.
    Something that anyone needs to take into consideration is when you work for a call center you are more looked at as a number. Its not right but it is the nature of the beast. There are jobs at Sutherland that are not customer service oriented so if being looked at as a number is not your thing there are other possibilities, but with big corporations like this everyone is almost a number to some degree.

Advice to Management

Please at least match 401ks. I know this has been brought up many times, and we get the same answer. Really you are a huge company and there are not really any legit reasons other then you don't want too.
    Also the Supervisor 101 training classes, something needs to happen there. Its very confusing and very disorganized.

4. "Network Technician"

Former Employee - Network Technician in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Network Technician in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sutherland full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facilities or office is impeccable (appearance)

Cons

Poor management. Lacks leadership.

Advice to Management

Technology does not advance us into the future, PEOPLE advance technology to enhance and better our lives.

5. "Organized Chaos"

I have been working at Sutherland full-time

Pros

I would say the best thing about working in a call center environment such as this one also has the potential to be a negative characteristic.. your co-workers. While chances are good that you will end up with a cohesive team that gets along well, there is also a great potential for workplace drama with so many different personalities being grouped together in one room.

Cons

Lots of miscommunication between client-employer-employees. False information given to new hires regarding their scheduled shifts, only leading to high turnover once new employees finally learning the truth. Serious lack of organization within several campaigns leading to questionable job stability.

Advice to Management

Work on lines of communication, and be honest and upfront with new hires. A lot of your turnover is due to these very reasons.

6. "It operations tech"

Former Employee - IT Operations Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - IT Operations Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay and flexible hours.

Cons

Revolving door atmosphere. No management presence but micromanaged remotely.

7. "Global Analytics Business Development and Solutions Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsford, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsford, NY

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strategic global executive with Analytical Digital Transformation proven track record. Impact, Revenue, customer solution orientation.

Cons

I will share this information with prospective employers as not to breach any confidentiality and disclosure restrictions I have committed to.

8. "Customer Service"

I worked at Sutherland full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working for their company

Cons

No benefits were offered to me

9. "Under appreciated"

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people who you work with are great and want you to succeed.

Cons

They will work you to death and senior leadership makes a lot of short-term decisions to the detriment of long-term goals.

Advice to Management

Talk with the people at director level and learns what's really happening in the company.

10. "Decent call center job"

Former Employee - Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sutherland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sutherland is new to Las Vegas and is still evolving. Easier for job advancement

Cons

Metric system, negativity of calls

Showing 567 of 1,913 reviews