Sutherland Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,809 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • People talk about work life balance being a con, but if you take ownership of your own time its great as long as you deliver the results (in 32 reviews)

• Odd shift timings very poor life work balance very low pay hell of pressure lack of proper sleep due to odd shift (in 51 reviews)

1. "customer care representative"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sutherland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, my management team was great!

Cons

company follow through with promises

Advice to Management

Clear communication. Be specific and keep your promises re onsite benefits

2. "Fair- Metlife"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, dress code, the job is easy enough, plenty of job advancement, easy to jump from one campaign to the next. My review is about the Metlife part.

Cons

The hiring process was a mess, though out training they kept moving us room to room (we were left just waiting for what equated to at least 1 full day), out trainer had a guide over 10 years old to teach with.... the favoritism is also an issue which again falls under the professionalism of this place.

3. "Organized Chaos"

I have been working at Sutherland full-time

Pros

I would say the best thing about working in a call center environment such as this one also has the potential to be a negative characteristic.. your co-workers. While chances are good that you will end up with a cohesive team that gets along well, there is also a great potential for workplace drama with so many different personalities being grouped together in one room.

Cons

Lots of miscommunication between client-employer-employees. False information given to new hires regarding their scheduled shifts, only leading to high turnover once new employees finally learning the truth. Serious lack of organization within several campaigns leading to questionable job stability.

Advice to Management

Work on lines of communication, and be honest and upfront with new hires. A lot of your turnover is due to these very reasons.

4. "Mortgage"

I worked at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Independent work; if you are a specialist they may give you some space to do your job.

Cons

This is an outsourcing company. When it becomes possible to outsource your job to India, they will.

Cheap cheap cheap cheap. The "paperless" environment here means that anything you need to do your job, ie. pens, legal pads, calculators, bring it yourself. No supplies are available (at least at my area at the Basin location). Had to use personal cell phone for business, although most other people did have phones. Computer software so old, could not access ADP site to view pay stub. You are a piece of office furniture at this company. They will move you from project to project until they no longer need you.

Mortgage operations is HQ'd in Houston for some reason. They are very poorly qualified. Underachievers.

Corporate culture is very poor here. There is no sense of how to create employees that have an interest in the success of the business.

Advice to Management

Look for and pay for talent.

5. "Bilingual Customer Service"

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Specialist in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Specialist in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training you learn a lot

Cons

A ring of employees do not work. They transfer call to other employees, and they're covered by their supervisor. Nepotism runs ramped. ( family members such as brothers and sisters "working" at Sutherland literally doing nothing) Managers are kept out of touch by a ring that controls performance, bonuses and raises. The company is losing contracts due to the roudeness and attitude of these workers. I do Not recommend this job, If you're a serious minded individual this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Management should be better informed of specific job requirements. Managers and supervisors should be trained to be helpful on a daily work. Very ineffective management not serious to a customer satisfaction standard. Managers follow what a group of employees tell them to do.

6. "It operations tech"

Former Employee - IT Operations Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - IT Operations Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay and flexible hours.

Cons

Revolving door atmosphere. No management presence but micromanaged remotely.

7. "poor company dont chance it"

I worked at Sutherland full-time

Pros

pay, laid back , schedule , distance

Cons

lay offs , steady change , bogus , i hated it

8. "Global Analytics Business Development and Solutions Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsford, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsford, NY

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strategic global executive with Analytical Digital Transformation proven track record. Impact, Revenue, customer solution orientation.

Cons

I will share this information with prospective employers as not to breach any confidentiality and disclosure restrictions I have committed to.

9. "Customer Service Representatives"

I worked at Sutherland full-time

Pros

Expansion of opportunity for employees

Cons

When I work there it was more sales than customer service

10. "Team Supervisor"

Current Employee - Team Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Team Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment with great agents, superiors, and colleagues alike!

Cons

No cons come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Showing 1,809 of 1,841 reviews