Sutherland Reviews | Glassdoor

1,548 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,548 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • People talk about work life balance being a con, but if you take ownership of your own time its great as long as you deliver the results (in 27 reviews)

• Odd shift timings very poor life work balance very low pay hell of pressure lack of proper sleep due to odd shift (in 40 reviews)

1. "CSR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bunkie, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bunkie, LA

I worked at Sutherland (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and money was great! Loved working and helping assisting the customers.

Cons

At first we did fun activities where we played games to win things that completely stopped and it just made the days boring.

"Racism and Lies"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to grow at SGS. For that I definitely give them kudos

Cons

As a white woman working here, I've missed a LOT of work (nearly 2 weeks) and still haven't been fired (no doctor note but it's a medical issue). Yet every black person I know that's been fired for attendance was fired pretty darn quick. Also, they lie about shifts, and only give you a weeks notice during training/nesting process to adjust to a new schedule.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same regardless of race.

3. "Metlife Web support"

Former Employee - Webtech in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Webtech in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Sutherland full-time

Pros

Weekends and paid holidays off.

Cons

Sutherland has been around a long time, however Metlife program is only a year old so not really as structured as the other programs.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to reward employees.

5. "Experience on job"

I worked at Sutherland full-time

Pros

if one program closes the company is willing to move you to another program.

Cons

A change in program may result in a pay decrease. there is not much opportunity for promotions. They do not hire from withing the company very often. There is not much Job security.

Sutherland Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Candidate Experience Strategist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It’s important to us, and we’re sorry to hear about your frustration. Our goal is to provide a well-rounded compensation package that includes pay, benefits, and ... More

6. "Unprofessional, inexperienced executives work there."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the co-workers are very nice and are just trying to do their job as best as they can. You are on the job training. The training received for the CSR position for AT&T/Directv was inadequate. Sutherland Global was contracted by AT&T/Directv and the Company is not concerned about customer service. Their concern was we get paid by the call, their bottom line. .

Cons

The Companies Managerial, Executive Staff are unprofessional, inexperienced, Rude. More concerned about their own personal image rather than the rules and regulations.

Advice to Management

If you life is miserable why do you bring your negativity to work. Go see a counselor and get professional help.

7. "Mortgage Consultant / Loan Processor"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor/Mortgage Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor/Mortgage Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a job if you need something to get you through until you find something better.

Cons

Poor pay, constant job changes, very stressful environment, lack of support, unstable work conditions, poor management and people skills. No one knows who to talk to to get things done. Information provided by HR is often incorrect.

Advice to Management

Communication training

8. "Meh"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY

I worked at Sutherland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, fun environment, competition that makes the environment fun, have fun talking to customers on the phone, good location

Cons

The pay is not very good, can be put on a layout due to slow business, not much opportunity for advancement

Advice to Management

Get some reliable companies to work for so when businesses gets low people are not out of a job.

Sutherland Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Candidate Experience Strategist

9. "Good is you REALLY need money"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

Health Benefits and 401k
    Unfortunately I don't have many pros, if you need a job to have something its fine

Cons

The company initially preaches about internal growth, which can be true for certain programs and you usually can only advance by brown nosing or messing around with higher ups. I received my first check about two weeks late, Nobody knew who I should talk to I just kept being passed around. It's VERY hard to get in contact with HR, and other resources when you would no one had a clue what would be going on. There were always additional task being added to your day with minimal training and no additional pay (I'm not talking minor task). Just as my program managers started pushing everybody the most they sat us down and told us we had two week notice before the program closed some people would be move others wouldn't. My advice to anyone considering working at Sutherland would be if you noticed anything fishy (management whispering, several people leaving, and random meeting with clients) start searching for other work.

Advice to Management

Sutherland should value its employees more, especially considering when new employees start working there you have new recruits sign a letter saying Sutherland should be there FIRST priority then turn around show that employees are disposable.

10. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Director in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sutherland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working from home

Cons

There is no work-life balance

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY

I worked at Sutherland full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training and teaching along with power point.

Cons

Poor Management and Leadership along with Guidance.

Advice to Management

Stop using jargon like " Reach out" and "moving forward" and " revisit" and "coaching". Keep it real

Showing 1,548 of 1,574 reviews