Sutherland Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

3.6
Sutherland Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi
Dilip R. Vellodi
2,084 Ratings
Pros
  • "Excellent work environment helpful coworkers(in 260 reviews)

• "work from home and offers career development(in 198 reviews)

• Cons
  • "night shifts, other than that not much(in 125 reviews)

• "Low pay,work pressure,very bad cab facility,no job satisfaction(in 77 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sutherland and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

So far, so good

Jan 16, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Chesapeake, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home. Friendly bosses and staff.

Cons

IT issue that comes along with working from home

Sutherland Experience Team

Hello, and thank you for this 5-star review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying the Sutherland experience and look forward to your continued growth with us! We hope you have an incredible day!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Low Pay BUT great company & stress free work-life balance!!

Oct 26, 2020 - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun & Easy. Work From Home. Great Benefits.

Cons

Pay scale is on the low end considering most Work From Home CSR’s positions starting pay is around $22-$26 per hour, plus full benefits from Day #1 of employment & paid training, like Amazon, HSN, QVC, Williams and Sonoma , Wayfair, PepsiCo & Coca-Cola, just to name a couple great companies, which I do work for one of the higher paying companies mentioned full time. The Assessment tests were really redundant. Of course just about every company requires everyone to take some kind of a pre-employment online assessment tests now of days that can be so time consuming & a possible waste of time since MOST companies NEVER respond back to their applicants regardless. Usually the assessments with Sutherland as well as most companies, don’t have much to do with the actual job description nor the company itself. They are more focused on personality tests, typing tests, multiple choice, & some require a pre-recorded webcam interview or a live stream webcam interview.

Sutherland Experience Team

Hi there! We appreciate your candid feedback, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on how we can further improve the employee experience and maintain a competitive edge. Have a wonderful day!

3. 2.0

Sutherland Resolutions Specialist with Airbnb

Dec 28, 2020 - Resolutions Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The pay is nice -Working from home -The training is extensive

Cons

- They do not tell you everything, you will be purposely left out of information i.e that you only have to worry about 2 metrics but then reveal later that you actually have to worry about 5+ different metrics. -The work hours leave no room in the day for a regular person to have a life outside of work. You have kids? Goodluck actually being a parent. -You're working from home and they supply you with the bare minimum in headsets but then expect to hear nothing in your calls. Got a baby? A neighbors dog? Probably will be knocked off for it. -You're expected to continuously let tickets and problems stack up while you continue to take calls. You have no time to sort out what you need. -You will be tossed out to the wolves in the first week or two to take calls whether you're comfortable or not or feel you completely understand the system. -Airbnb comes before absolutely everything

3 people found this review helpful

Sutherland Experience Team

Hi there! We are disappointed to learn that your experience was less than stellar. We will share your concerns and suggestions with the appropriate team, and thank you for bringing them to our attention. Best wishes!

4. 4.0

Stable

Jan 11, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Coral Springs, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

stable and work from home

Cons

no growth opportunity and dead end job

Sutherland Experience Team

Hello! At Sutherland, we aim to provide an environment in which our employees can grow and flourish, whether working on-site or working from the comfort of home. Thank you for taking the time to review us. Have a wonderful day!

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Shocker, they don't care about you

Jan 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was work at home

Cons

The management all are in Jamaica. They are authoritarian and don't allow you to ever question them in anything. They also will write you up for the first instance of being tardy. They also have terrible clients they work with, including Petco/Vetco. Do not ever take your pets to Vetco. It's not worth the trouble. They also will purposely understaff us so we take calls back to back all day with a team of less than 8 people.

Sutherland Experience Team

Hello, and thank you for this feedback. We are disappointed to learn that your experience has been less than stellar and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. Best wishes!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Solid company - not the best for older workers.

Jul 5, 2020 - Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very competitive salary plus bonus structure. Multiple clients (Fortune 100) so there is ample opportunity for advancement and different jobs. Some travel and work from home opportunities.

Cons

Company has a very lax attendance policy - means that the people who do show up to work are typically crushed with tasks. Older workers tends to struggle here, since most of the managers are younger (under 30) and lack the patience to develop seasoned workers.

Sutherland Experience Team

Good day! Thank you for the positive rating! We appreciate your kind words as well as your thoughts on how we can further improve, and will share with the appropriate team. Have a wonderful day!

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't pay you for every day worked

Nov 9, 2020 - Technical Support in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and a quick hire.

Cons

The system frequently kicks you out. Most of the training class left because they were not getting paid for every day in class and management refuses to correct the issue. HR is hard to contact. Training is awful and your questions are ignored. Pay is low.

Sutherland Experience Team

Hello, and thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We aim to provide a positive and professional training and working environment. Thank you for letting us know where we may have opportunities to refine the experience. Have a great day!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good starting job for someone who doesn't have a degree, work from home very convenient, nice team.

Sep 17, 2020 - Technical Support in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home due to (Covid-19), organized, Nice supervisors.

Cons

Had a late shift, you need to find someone to swap your schedule with.

Sutherland Experience Team

Good day! Sutherland is indeed a great place to work, whether working from one of our global locations or working from the comfort of home. Thank you for sharing this positive feedback! Have a wonderful day!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love my job!

Sep 30, 2020 - Senior Mortgage Underwriter in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, great team, technology is good, flexible schedules

Cons

No 401k match, Health insurance is high

Sutherland Experience Team

Hello, and thanks for this 5-star review! We are thrilled that you are pleased with us! Sutherland is definitely a great place to work, whether working from one of our global locations or working from the comfort of your home. We have also made note of your concerns and will share with the appropriate team. Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Eh

Oct 8, 2020 - XBox Support in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, helpful coworkers.

Cons

Holiday work, unrealistic review expectations, low pay,

Sutherland Experience Team

Good day. We are disappointed that you did not have a more positive experience with us. We thank you for sharing your concerns and your suggestions on where we may have opportunities to improve. We wish you all the very best!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 197 Reviews