Sutter Health Employee Reviews about "communication"
72% would recommend to a friend
(74 total reviews)
Warner Thomas, President and CEO, Sutter Health
81% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Sutter Health
Jobs in Healthcare
a month ago
Medical Billing Specialist
I have had 2 interviews with Sutter Health with no job offer resulting in these interviews, This is a company i really would like to work for, I have applied for Patient Access Rep.positions though i am a Medical Biller currently, I have worked in a law firm which required working with clients & have worked retail dealing with the public, I would like to venture out i am ready for a change, Does anybody who works for Sutter have any advice?
Jobs in Healthcare
8 months ago
Currently working at a Big 4 company as a Risk Analyst with a B.S in Business Admin. Looking to pivot into the healthcare industry. What are some jobs that I can “qualify for”. I was looking at compliance/legal roles, HR, finance. Are layoffs big within this industry? I’m in Northern California. Looking at Kaiser/Sutter Health since they have plenty of job openings.
9 months ago
I have just applied for a position at Sutter Health, working remotely. Does anyone have experience working on the finance side of the aisle for them in a remote setting? I just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row and know what I may be getting into. Thanks!
a year ago
Could anyone refer me to any of these companies? Lazard Thomson Reuters Estee Lauder Companies Edelman Target Oliver Wyman Ryan LLC Cushman & Wakefield CBRE Pearson Aon Ares Management Biogen Evercore CGI Philips AECOM HP Gensler Neiman Marcus Grainger Shawmut design and construction athenahealth Moss Adams Wellington Management FIS Global Bristol Myers Squibb UKG RBC Mercer Sutter Health GSK McKesson Wolters Kluwer WeWork Dignity Health Kroll Wyndham Destinations LPL Financial Sephora SAIC
Got a burning question about Sutter Health? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sutter Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "benefits are great and you can transfer to any of their affiliates." (in 351 reviews)
- "The pay is good and the job is easy" (in 191 reviews)
- "Great people come in everyday and you get to help them in some way" (in 126 reviews)
- "I enjoy working on meaningful projects and coworkers are great!" (in 62 reviews)
- "Very Chill & great staff" (in 55 reviews)
- "Poor management and do not have a clue." (in 119 reviews)
- "Bad upper management." (in 51 reviews)
- "Staff experiences repercussions for speaking up if it does coincide with the mandate from senior leadership" (in 50 reviews)
- "I've seen other managers and directors feel their sense of power and abuse it." (in 38 reviews)
- "Poor communication and lone ranger mentality." (in 27 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sutter Health and is not affected by filters.
Found 74 of over 3K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "communication"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Nov 9, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Good health benefits, great employees who care about patients
It's about who you know if you want to move up the ladder or stay employed. There is a lack of transparency and communication from upper management. All this 'regionalization' means lack of localization in the communities that the affiliates serve. We've lost touch with the local community.1
- 4.0Aug 15, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsSacramento, CA
Excellent medical benefits, great team with opportunities for promotion...there were always multiple options for increased training. Strong leadership and open door policies.
Some lack of communication between upper management and staff lead to misunderstandings.1
- 1.0Nov 7, 2010Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
I find some of the people I work with to be friendly and empathetic. Parts of the organization try to keep a patient centered approach to management.
Ignorance appears to be a hiring requirement. Lack of communication and understanding throughout the management line. Many employees who could not find opportunities at other health organizations. Lack of standards in hiring practices. Lack of respect for expertise. A company that top down only superficially looks like a NPC. Clinical management bodies have little power over financial interests.1
- 2.0Nov 10, 2013Implementation AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEmeryville, CA
- Smart, talented, and sociable colleagues at the analyst level. - Reasonable health benefits (expected from a company in the healthcare industry) - Reasonable work/life balance; has a culture that doesn't impose overtime - Flexible in granting PTO requests
- low pay for the job expectations and responsibilities - fosters a culture of distrust and blame that detracts from teamwork; emphasis on CYA - inexperienced supervisors/management - continued attrition and lack of management intervention or communication on the subject - redundant, inconsistent processes that add/detract from productivity - lack and inconsistent communication among leadership, management, and other teams - under utilization and mismanagement of resources3
- 5.0Jan 7, 2012Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The salary and benefits package is great. Plenty of access to and communication from senior leaders. Ability to transfer between locations and stay with the company is good.
While promotion is from within-getting noticed can be a challenge. Certain facilities seem to get a lot of attention and others don't.
- 1.0Aug 20, 2013IT SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSacramento, CA
Its a great place IF and that's a bit IF you are within the Golden Circle. If not, management will make your life a living hell. The "Pro" is only if you are in that Golden Circle.
Way too many to list, however - lack of communication and clear direction is a huge problem.1
- 4.0May 4, 2022Patient Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDublin, CA
Sutter was a great company to work for while I was there
During my time at sutter communication throughout the company was not great