Sutter Health Employee Reviews about "people"
72% would recommend to a friend
(315 total reviews)
Warner Thomas, President and CEO, Sutter Health
81% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "benefits are great and you can transfer to any of their affiliates." (in 351 reviews)
- "The pay is good and the job is easy" (in 191 reviews)
- "Great people come in everyday and you get to help them in some way" (in 126 reviews)
- "I enjoy working on meaningful projects and coworkers are great!" (in 62 reviews)
- "Very Chill & great staff" (in 55 reviews)
- "Poor management and do not have a clue." (in 119 reviews)
- "Bad upper management." (in 51 reviews)
- "Staff experiences repercussions for speaking up if it does coincide with the mandate from senior leadership" (in 50 reviews)
- "I've seen other managers and directors feel their sense of power and abuse it." (in 38 reviews)
- "Poor communication and lone ranger mentality." (in 27 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sutter Health and is not affected by filters.
Found 315 of over 3K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jul 23, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
People who work in the finance department at Sutter health are ethical and fully capable at their jobs. It is a positive environment and management is always looking for ways to improve efficiencies.
Sutter health has been undergoing a lot of structural change over the years in order to cut costs. Cost cutting has included in consolidating job functions.
- 2.0Feb 2, 2014Clinical ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBerkeley, CA
Nice people to work with and you get the opportunity to meet many diverse patients. Great location.
Food is terrible, pay is low, and no opportunity for advancement
- 3.0Feb 12, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeSan Jose, CA
Often one of the few health care options in your area. Pay is reasonable.
Recognition if you don't work in Sacramento is limited. Job advancement is primarily in Sacramento. Talented people are overlooked and underutilized if they are not part of the Sacramento Enterprise team.
- 4.0Jan 22, 2018Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
The work we do matters. The people we work with and for are all amazing and genuinely care about the impact they make.
There could be more recognition for leaders and their accomplishments.
- 5.0Jan 23, 2017Eligibility SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSacramento, CA
I met alot of great people an learned new things to better my future systems were amazing
I don't have any cons
- 5.0Jun 20, 2018AdministrativeFormer Intern, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
- One of the best internship programs in the industry - Excellent onboarding process and opportunity to communicate with the internship coordinators during/after the internship - C-level supervisor provides coaching throughout the internship - Great diversity in the organization including the very top management - Exciting projects offer learning opportunities - Shuttles in San Francisco is very convenient for CPMC interns
- Almost no social events at the CPMC location; limited opportunity to get to know people that you are working with - Not a con; however, the position requires the person to be proactive in identifying projects.
- 3.0May 21, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The people I worked with were very helpful and were always willing to help you out. I also enjoyed it because it was close to home. Saved tons of money on gas.
Unfortunately, in order to be promoted it's who you know not what you know. And the first group of people I worked with had tendencies in complaining more than doing there share of work.
- 4.0Jun 28, 2022Medical AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRoseville, CA
Good job, decent salary, good schedule
They promote based on who they like the most not who's the most qualified. As a result they have upper and middle managers who are personable but completely incompetent and then wonder why so many people leave.2
- 4.0Apr 4, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
SPS has excellent benefits. They continually have classes for their managers which has helped my manager become a better manger.
When trying to look for a job on the Sutter web site it really is not user friendly. I've referred people to Sutter jobs and because the site was not user friendly they found jobs elsewhere.1Sutter Health Response8y
Thank you for your review and feedback regarding the online application process. I agree that the online application process can be a bit cumbersome. In the future, if you have referrals that need assistance/guidance, feel free to give them my direct line/email so that we can make the process easy. Sincerely, Carla Alegado firstname.lastname@example.org; 916-854-6655
- 3.0Jul 27, 2022Front Desk ReceptionistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCrescent City, CA
Because there freindy people and they are very welcoming people I think i would be a great fit to work there
They are very nice and welcoming