Sutter Physician Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sutter Physician Services CEO Jeremy Eaves
Jeremy Eaves

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "A bit of upper management disconnect" (in 6 reviews)

• "Micromanagement, passive aggressive managers, open space setting seems like a warehouse with a giant call center in it" (in 5 reviews)

1. "SPS"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time

Pros

This is the best company ever. There is so much support, each team is individually goal oriented, as well as collectively. It is such a positive environment.

Cons

I have yet to experience any cons.

2. "Supervisor"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great focus on developing process efficiencies. Good work experience.

Cons

Not a lot of upward movement. Not much training/development for leadership.

3. "Supervisors and Team Leads are Excellent, upper management is lacking."

Current Employee - PAMF PSR in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - PAMF PSR in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There’s definitely a mix of pros and cons, but I’m really surprised by the extremely negative ones. You can certainly tell who is a bit sour about their time with Sutter, and I can only assume it’s because they were bad at their job or have a poor attitude.

-Absolutey awesome leadership (for most) supervisors and Team leads, aka direct leadership.

-Job is relatively easy.

-Decent benefits. 3 day paid bereavement, pto, and
    even jury duty is paid.

-Nice building with a great cafe and gym downstairs. (I don’t get how people can say the desks are small, you get dual monitors and a large L desk. )

-The knowledge you actually gain from learning processes in the medical field.

-Awesome people, and an extremely healthy environment. It’s seriously the most professional call center I’ve ever worked at They have high standards for work etiquette and your sups and peers are held to the same standard. They even give people an interview to give feedback if they quit on the spot, or are fired - ehrm what?!

-Optional/encouraged to work from home and provide the equipment (besides internet/chair/desk).

-They’re extremely respectful of prior military, cultures, and race. And I have no clue why someone would say that. We have many, many Spanish speaking/white/polynesian/islander/Black And people of all ethnicities here. Women also outnumber men 2 to 1.

-The Bonus’s are really easy to hit just by doing your job.

-They ARE pretty lenient with attendance, which is sometimes good/sometimes bad because it is highly abused by other PSR’s.

Cons

-Not very much room to grow, and many times even when a leadership position opens it is filled by those who are already leadership (or a couple of favorites who had “temp-leadership” status. )

-Not many days available to request PTO ahead of time as they restrict time to the middle of the week and have “Mandatory Mondays/Friday’s”

-Unpaid time off is frowned upon and you typically can’t request any days off for trips without pto.

-Repetitive and busy. They usually have small computer courses you’re required to take every few months but you don’t have the time to do it because you’re slammed with calls and can’t even check emails.

-It seems our direct leadership (Supervisors and Team Leads) have our back and attempt to argue for the policies we want, but are shut down by upper management.

-Upper management makes policies and enforces needless things that make our jobs more of a pain. They seem to have a disconnection with us and don’t know how to do our job, and what we need to be happy with our jobs.

-You can’t talk about pay but there is definitely (sometimes large) differences in pay of regular PSR’s. It typically ranges from $13-$17 and sometimes those who have been there a while make $13.50 and those who were just hired make $15-$16. But it’s against policy to discuss wages with peers.

-Pay raise is slow, even if you score highly on yearly reviews.

-Average pay of $13-$15 doesn’t seem very competitive with other call centers or jobs of this type. They often will try to convince PSR’s to take on other projects, responsibilities saying it “looks good” for promotions but really it’s just extra work for the same pay.

-No holiday pain, instead you’re required to use pto for mandatory holidays.

Advice to Management

Listen to our direct leadership. When our leadership comes to you with our complaints, don’t shove it under the rug and ignore it. They’re OUR complaints we want addressed.

When we take our annual employee surveys you hype up all year, we also feel disrespected when you shove that under the rug and we never hear about the results.

If you’d also like to reduce burn-out, hire more staff so we aren’t always slammed, and give us longer breaks. Two 10 minute breaks may seem generous to you, but it’s not competitive to the average/expected 15 most companies give.

4. "PSR Part time"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services part-time

Pros

Great pay
    Great work from home opportunities
    Always have time with supervisors in meetings
    Team meetings are monthly to help you know more of what is needed
    Training is very helpful and easy to follow
    Main building has cafe and gym which is great if you work there
    I actually had a meeting with the CEO which was first for any company I have worked for. It was good to know he cared enough.

Cons

Hard to get bonuses. (Know people who have worked there 6 years and never got one)
    Management isn't very helpful when employees have issues
    HR isn't easy to keep in contact with during leaves.
    Management plays favorites, and if your not one of them you aren't treated as well as others.
    If you have a disability, or issues with the language, or a medical illness don't expect to be treated equally. IF management knows you have one they will do what they can to get you to leave.
    There isn't much room to grow

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally. I understand if people aren't doing there job. But if someone is on a leave or having a disability or issue please treat them with respect. And not judge them just because they have a little bit harder time working faster than most.

"Positive work environment"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training staff are extremely positive and sincerely enjoy their job. They do a great job of preparing you for the position you are hired for.

Cons

Computers can often slow down and programs can shut down making day to day work difficult.

Advice to Management

Upgrade your technology.

6. "Account Representative"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Tuition reimbursement

Cons

Small desks, minimal raises (up to 3% of current pay per year),

"SPS - pretty good place to work"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company that really tries to and does care for it's employees. You get to do work that matters in the health care industry providing pure customer service to patients, not trying to up-sell a product or gain from anyone. Good and strong culture and values.

Cons

Sometimes communication is lacking or could be improved. At higher levels there seems to be some conflict between goals we're driving for. Sometimes it feels like the focus of direction needs to be pointed and fixed rather than back and forth.

8. "Great place To Work"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a fast growing company with an excellent culture. There are lots of opportunities for growth, and the ability to move up in the company.

Cons

This is call center work. Working on the phones for 8 hours a day can by trying at times.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership, caring company, great co-workers. I have been here 7 years and wouldn't dream of leaving. In my division the majority are all long term employees.

Cons

I personally don't have any "cons".

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, stay engaged, be real and transparent.

"Poor Management and Little Room for Growth"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance, 403B, willingness to work around your schedule

Cons

I have been working here for almost 3 years and I’ve had enough. Management is absolutely horrendous. If you have a legitimate question you either get blown off or get because I said so. There is a bit of a disconnect from management and patient service reps. Management are always in meetings and if there is a new process that comes out you’ll get an email and the rest is up to you to figure it out. And I think it sad that some information we have to find out from patients especially if it’s a doctor that passed away and is already getting buried and management didn’t say jack crap until representatives started asking.

There is hardly any room for growth. You can move to a different line of business if you want but you will be doing the exact same thing and it will either be a lateral move or less pay. There are many companies that pay their employees better. There are some employees that started the same time I did, still know absolutely nothing about the processes, make more than I do, and I continually have to help them.

Everything is now about stats and how fast you can get the patient off the phone but still “ help the patient with their needs”. Ever since they changed to the bonus structure it’s been disheartening because even when you know you are doing a good job, these bonuses are unattainable. I got to the point to where I don’t even look at it anymore. When the email comes in to give an update on how I’m doing I just delete it. Because even if you are low on issues, high on customer satisfaction, and your handle time is good, you will lucky to even get the minimum bonus.

Advice to Management

Have better support for your employees. We are on the frontlines handling 50-70 calls a day with miminal support from you. It’s hard for us to care when it seems like you don’t care either.