Sutter Physician Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Sutter Physician Services CEO Jeremy Eaves
Jeremy Eaves

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits including college reimbursement, PTO on day 1, health etc etc" (in 17 reviews)

• "Great work life balance and good pay" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Like any call center, the job can be monotonous/tedious" (in 6 reviews)

• "A bit of upper management disconnect" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Account Representative"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Tuition reimbursement

Cons

Small desks, minimal raises (up to 3% of current pay per year),

2. "PSR Part time"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services part-time

Pros

Great pay
    Great work from home opportunities
    Always have time with supervisors in meetings
    Team meetings are monthly to help you know more of what is needed
    Training is very helpful and easy to follow
    Main building has cafe and gym which is great if you work there
    I actually had a meeting with the CEO which was first for any company I have worked for. It was good to know he cared enough.

Cons

Hard to get bonuses. (Know people who have worked there 6 years and never got one)
    Management isn't very helpful when employees have issues
    HR isn't easy to keep in contact with during leaves.
    Management plays favorites, and if your not one of them you aren't treated as well as others.
    If you have a disability, or issues with the language, or a medical illness don't expect to be treated equally. IF management knows you have one they will do what they can to get you to leave.
    There isn't much room to grow

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally. I understand if people aren't doing there job. But if someone is on a leave or having a disability or issue please treat them with respect. And not judge them just because they have a little bit harder time working faster than most.

"Positive work environment"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training staff are extremely positive and sincerely enjoy their job. They do a great job of preparing you for the position you are hired for.

Cons

Computers can often slow down and programs can shut down making day to day work difficult.

Advice to Management

Upgrade your technology.

"SPS - pretty good place to work"

Current Employee - Supervisor in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Supervisor in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company that really tries to and does care for it's employees. You get to do work that matters in the health care industry providing pure customer service to patients, not trying to up-sell a product or gain from anyone. Good and strong culture and values.

Cons

Sometimes communication is lacking or could be improved. At higher levels there seems to be some conflict between goals we're driving for. Sometimes it feels like the focus of direction needs to be pointed and fixed rather than back and forth.

5. "SPS"

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time

Pros

This is the best company ever. There is so much support, each team is individually goal oriented, as well as collectively. It is such a positive environment.

Cons

I have yet to experience any cons.

6. "Great place To Work"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a fast growing company with an excellent culture. There are lots of opportunities for growth, and the ability to move up in the company.

Cons

This is call center work. Working on the phones for 8 hours a day can by trying at times.

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership, caring company, great co-workers. I have been here 7 years and wouldn't dream of leaving. In my division the majority are all long term employees.

Cons

I personally don't have any "cons".

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, stay engaged, be real and transparent.

"Poor Management and Little Room for Growth"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance, 403B, willingness to work around your schedule

Cons

I have been working here for almost 3 years and I’ve had enough. Management is absolutely horrendous. If you have a legitimate question you either get blown off or get because I said so. There is a bit of a disconnect from management and patient service reps. Management are always in meetings and if there is a new process that comes out you’ll get an email and the rest is up to you to figure it out. And I think it sad that some information we have to find out from patients especially if it’s a doctor that passed away and is already getting buried and management didn’t say jack crap until representatives started asking.

There is hardly any room for growth. You can move to a different line of business if you want but you will be doing the exact same thing and it will either be a lateral move or less pay. There are many companies that pay their employees better. There are some employees that started the same time I did, still know absolutely nothing about the processes, make more than I do, and I continually have to help them.

Everything is now about stats and how fast you can get the patient off the phone but still “ help the patient with their needs”. Ever since they changed to the bonus structure it’s been disheartening because even when you know you are doing a good job, these bonuses are unattainable. I got to the point to where I don’t even look at it anymore. When the email comes in to give an update on how I’m doing I just delete it. Because even if you are low on issues, high on customer satisfaction, and your handle time is good, you will lucky to even get the minimum bonus.

Advice to Management

Have better support for your employees. We are on the frontlines handling 50-70 calls a day with miminal support from you. It’s hard for us to care when it seems like you don’t care either.

9. "Ops Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work we do matters. The people we work with and for are all amazing and genuinely care about the impact they make.

Cons

There could be more recognition for leaders and their accomplishments.

"Office Space or Get Out Movie"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Sutter Physician Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, there are a lot of fun employee activities, flexible work schedules that allow staff to work 5 days from home. The organization tries really hard to make the organization appear to be a fun and cool place to work

Cons

Mgmt tries really hard to make a nice culture, but it seems phony and a bit forced. Micromanagement, passive aggressive managers, open space setting seems like a warehouse with a giant call center in it. There are no walls to separate departments and no privacy in your own desk space. Just watch Office Space or Get Out movie and you will get a sense for this organization. There is a dress code;however, most people dress unprofessionally casual (yoga pants, football jerseys, sweatshirts etc). Department meetings are held via Skype even when people sit next to each other (The most bizarre thing is to talk on the phone to a person that sits 3 feet from you!!). The organization is not really open to new and innovative ideas.

Advice to Management

Skype is overused throughout the organization instead of people just connecting and talking face to face. Managers need to learn how to lead by example and not just talk. Get feedback from staff on process improvements instead of being dictator-like behavior.

Sutter Physician Services Response

Feb 13, 2018 – Transformation and Business Readiness Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We are sorry that your work experience with SPS has been less than favorable. You’ve noted some serious “cons” about our work... More