Suzy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2019

Found 51 reviews

4.1
Matt Britton
  1. "Great culture, great people."

Former Employee - Client Success Strategist in New York, NY

I worked at Suzy

Pros

Wonderful culture and work/life balance. Unlimited PTO, full benefits and you work with intelligent people that truly care about what they do.

Cons

Low compensation for the Client Success team. Somewhat micromanaged and there's no way to measure success. The product is a work in progress which raises questions from clients and can negatively affect renewals.

Advice to Management

More compensation.

Suzy2015-04-29

"Strategist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Suzy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are genuinely good people who care about you more than just an employee. Decent work-life balance. Big name clients.

Cons

The company rapidly lost the culture as it scaled. My biggest grievance was the compensation was insultingly low and there's no career path, despite being sold in on "so much opportunity for growth and advancement."

Suzy2015-04-15
  3. "Crowdtap's culture and people brings and breeds the best of the best. Hands down."

Current Employee - IT Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Suzy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nurturing organizational structure. Dog friendly offices, outstanding company culture. Mentor programs, deep involvement in personal growth as well as the growth of the company as a whole. Everyone truly cares about our product and wholeheartedly gives their best to help each other and the company succeed.

Cons

There's no con's I can really think of. There are some growing pains, but what company doesn't see that when expanding at such a rapid pace?

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You guys are bringing in top talent and breeding even better talent directly because of the organizational environment. Your openness and ability to effectively communicate helps everyone have a say and feel involved in the evolution of our company and product. Kudos to you all for such a great job.

Suzy2015-02-13
  4. "Amazing culture, amazing work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Suzy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coming to Crowdtap was a breath of fresh air. You're given a lot of room to get your work done and in the way that you feel is the right solution. The perks are amazing, discounts on gym memberships, allowance to put towards your commute, etc. The hidden gem of Crowdtap though is the culture. If you're looking for a place where you can solve tough problems and have fun with your colleagues at the same time, this is...

Cons

With the autonomy they give everyone miscommunications can happen. Just have to be on top of letting people know about issues very early on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work cause we're all super excited to change the marketing game.

Suzy2015-02-13

"If the "Best Company of all TIME" police are around, somebody get me a really good a lawyer!"

Current Employee - Manager, Strategic Relationships in New York, NY

I have been working at Suzy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is remarkable. I would literally consider every single person on my team a friend, most of them great friends. The 100% trust in all of us to do our jobs makes for a very rewarding environment where you never feel like someone is breathing down your neck and they're always there for you if you need any support. The open door policy to any and every employee from account strategist to CEO also makes Crowdtap...

Cons

Cons? What Cons? I guess because my response requires a 20 word minimum I can say the one area of improvement for Crowdtap is the Green Tea in the kitchen, not my personal favorite, but I think I'll live ;)

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome, all the management is great! I'm particularly lucky because the head of my team is a legend in his space, a real king amongst men.

Suzy2014-07-03

"Work Hard. Play Hard. The culture everyone dreams about."

Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Suzy full-time

Pros

The screening process for joining Crowdtap is like none I've ever experienced. You spend the day "pairing" with your potential coworkers while being brought up to speed on all internal process. Every time a candidate interviews in our office, it feels like a team building exercise. The team consists of some of the brightest young men and women in the space. The management process is one of a kind, and super collaborative...

Cons

Fast growth means the space is in danger of becoming cramped. Good problems to have!

Advice to Management

Keep this culture, no matter how large the organization grows.

Suzy2014-06-19

"Cutting edge tech and social media company with a strong startup culture"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Suzy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Management processes embrace change and innovation - Very friendly working atmosphere - Stellar growth in a very hot industry (social media) - Amazing place to learn and develop solid skills - All contributions are impactful on the business

Cons

- Stock options compensations are low in my opinion (salaries are good though) - Organization is rather flat (which is a good thing and a bad thing)

Advice to Management

- Accentuate stock options and promotion incentives in the company to retain talents

Suzy2014-06-18

"Amazing Place to work!!"

Current Employee - BD Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Suzy full-time

Pros

One of the best companies I have ever had the chance to work with. The culture here is unmatched & the momentum we have in incredible!

Cons

Growing very quickly can present many challenges to a startup! But we get through them by working together.

Suzy2014-06-16
    • "Shangri-La in Noho"

I have been working at Suzy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Crowdtap is, without a doubt, the best company I have every worked for. The people are cooperative and friendly. Management is responsive and focused. The benefits are great. The office is comfortable. The company excels in keeping employees happy and motivated. Because of all of this, the people I work with are not only excited to come to work but proud of what they do and eager to deliver outstanding results.

Cons

I am hard pressed to find a con to working here. As we continue to grow, the office can feel cozy at times - but that's hardly a negative!

Advice to Management

In my time here, management has fluidly adapted to each new challenge they are presented with. It's hard to imagine giving them advice, when they have yet to lead us in the wrong direction!

Suzy2014-06-17
    • "Smarts, Ambition + Great Culture."

Current Employee - Biz Dev in New York, NY

I have been working at Suzy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone at Crowdtap seems to have a likeminded view that while we're all here to do big, important things, we don't have to take ourselves too seriously along the way. A culture of fun permeates the company -- between the dogs running around, beer taps in the conference rooms and a game room -- but not at the expense of the company's success. Everyone is super smart, incredibly ambitious and motivated but the team collaboration,...

Cons

There's the typical controlled chaos of an early stage company. Management believes in autonomy and accountability so if you're looking for mirco-management and limited responsibilities, this might not be the best environment for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the attention to work-life balance! More Donkey Parties!

Suzy2014-06-16