Svam International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Svam International President and CEO Anil Kapoor
Anil Kapoor

Pros
  • Good Work Life Balance,Growth Opportunities,Excellent Environment (in 6 reviews)

• Solid pay with excellent perks (such as guest house) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • only concerned bout billing no career growth low salary (in 5 reviews)

• The only solution was finding another company, leaving was the best thing that have happened in my career growth (in 3 reviews)

"Nice company for Consulting positions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

I worked at Svam International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are good and aggressive in selling consultants and get projects fast. Good overall environment. Pay on time.

Cons

They should consider having a better attorney to handle Visa issues.

2. "Sr. Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Svam International (More than a year)

Pros

Guest house, salary while you get a project, the chance to come to the US

Cons

Low salary, lot of clients are in NYC and they offer 60k to start, try to survive with that.

They aren't open to negotiations, they will scream at you and they will treat you like you worth nothing...

401k is a joke.

10k penalty if you leave the company before 1 year.

Advice to Management

Stop stop stop stop, just stop the way you make business

3. "Good Company to add experience"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter/Staffing Coordinator in Great Neck, NY
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter/Staffing Coordinator in Great Neck, NY

I worked at Svam International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work, good environment, a global consult, excellent colleagues. This company will bring you the bases to grow your professional career and you can participate from small to big projects.

Cons

Is a limited Company in the area to grow up hierarchically in Mexico and USA, due the structure of their departments.

Advice to Management

I recommend you join to this company just for a period of time.

"Good company to start in USA."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Svam International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offer GC process. They have a good marketing area. They pay on time. They pay your certifications (only when you pass).

Cons

The salaries are bad until you have another offer or your get your green card. They don't easily rise your salary even when you are making a good profit. Sometimes they don't assign a project because they don't do big profit even when is your only choice and they could fire you because you don't get a profitable project for them. You are the best friend while you are assigned to a project, if you don't have they treat you bad and reduce your salary. They rather Indian people over other nationalities. They expect from you to be another Indian employee who just follow orders. They are more like a HR company more than a consultant company at least in USA.

Advice to Management

Happy employees gives you more business, more open training and communication with the employees. More real benefits. If I were you I would change for a real consultant company instead of be an HR business. I would created a way to measure the level of the consultant and increase the salaries based on their measurable knowledge.

5. "Software developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Svam International full-time

Pros

Get the visa straightforward , the on boarding is easy.

Cons

one of the worse of the companies that I been . lack of values with the personal, and knowledge about Human resources, the only use 3 party in the most of the cases, on the other hand ,they usually , they are looking position into different portals, they don't have many clients.

the salary is very low, due that the working in layers.

Advice to Management

take a course about management of resources. coaching the people and treat the employees

"one of the best consulting companies"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Svam International full-time

Pros

Cons

Few direct client, they most works through vendor/mid client, which makes cut, hence reduce your share.

Advice to Management

Find direct client

"My worst experience with contracting"

Former Employee - Systems Programmer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Programmer in New York, NY

I worked at Svam International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was easy to get a job in SVAM and once I arrived to the US I found a project through them very fast.

Cons

SVAM is the kind of contracting companies that pay most of your expenses in the beginning but handle not competitive salaries. This was my first mistake, joining a company who pays less than the industry (in order to work in the US) thinking that I could get a fair payment later. They also offered Green Card process, annual increments, and most expenses covered (as visa, transportation when you move to another city for a project, etc.). They payed my visa and expenses as reimbursements but their annual increments were a joke, even though the client was paying much more each year (according to the client I had with them, SVAM was paying me less than 40% of the total invoice to me). Basic math showed me the low salary payed the "all expenses payed benefit" the first three months (including administrative expenses and the small period of time I had no project). My second error was wait to get a significant increment on the second year with the idea of maybe then get the Green Card process with them after getting a decent pay. Once I got the same disappointment I decided to leave, with 2 years with loss in money. The treated me so nice as a candidate, then they were rude once I announced my resignation. I took really bad decisions joining and staying in this company for a long time, I am sharing this so more people know how "joining the family" means.

Advice to Management

Be transparent on client's rates and contact your employees more often. Also if not a good salary is offered try to give better benefits.

"Java developer"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Boston, MA

Pros

You get paid while you get the client

Cons

Low salary
    You can't decide in what state you want to work

9. "SVAM is one of the best consulting companies"

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Manhasset, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Manhasset, NY

I worked at Svam International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SVAM is one of the best consulting companies with a high level of integrity and trust. All payments are timely and transparent. H1B and Green card process is good, a lot of follow-up was required with the lawyer who would not like to directly communicate with associate but only with the HR Manager. Marketing team is quite efficient and quick in placing associates. Benefits and insurance is good, 401K match is ok when you compare with other consulting companies.

Cons

Marketing Team needs to reduce their commissions and cuts to a reasonable level that is how the company will be able to retain good talent. Marketing Team needs to identify direct clients so that they are able to offer better deal to their consultants it appears that almost every project has a middle vendor. Most clients are in Nassau county being in the Greater NYC area there are hardly any clients in the Financial Sector.

Advice to Management

Company has decent office space and should focus on product development. Take care of the interests of your associates over the marketing team.

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Svam International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They reimburse your visa expenses and they pay salary for the first days of your arrival, before you find a project.

Cons

Salaries are the lowest I have seen in the US industry. I made the mistake to join this company back in 2011. When I knew how much the client was paying I formally asked for more and denied with no arguments, I was impressed about the inflexibility. The only solution was finding another company, leaving was the best thing that have happened in my career growth.

Advice to Management

Consider seriously to pay decent salaries, try giving better benefits to your employees and more contact with them (different from time sheet tracking) while in a project. I think one of the reasons is the number of middle vendors you use when finding projects. Also offer a carreer growth. Remember that the cheap you buy, the cheap you get.