Swan Energy (TX) Reviews | Glassdoor

Swan Energy (TX) Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2019

4.6
Swan Energy (TX) CEO Brandon Davis (no image)
Brandon Davis
  1. "Supportive workplace environment"

Current Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Swan Energy (TX) full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Transparent & Open Communication 2. Work-Life Balance 3. Training & Development-Focused 4. Friendly environment

Cons

the office is cold most the time!

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to take on different responsibilities outside their daily tasks

Swan Energy (TX)2019-10-08
  2. "Administrative Assistant Review"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Swan Energy (TX) full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company is willing to train if you are determined and willing to put in the TIME and EFFORT - Company Executives have an open-door policy - CEO actively engages with his employees - Working here, you will learn many different aspects of the business. - With the company consisting of less than 50 employees, everyone in the office knows each other.

Cons

I don't have any Cons; however, I do have a few helpful facts... - If you cannot handle an extremely fast-paced environment, you will NOT last here. - If you are not willing to help out other departments when needed, you will NOT last here. - If you have a poor attitude, you will NOT last here.

Advice to Management

- Scheduled reviews of employee performance - More opportunity for growth within the company - Salary Increases for deserving and hard-working employees

Swan Energy (TX)2019-09-23
  3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Process Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Swan Energy (TX) full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many problem solvers behind the scenes. Always looking to find the best solution regardless of where the suggestion came from. The work-life balance is great and flexible

Cons

None. Everything has been going well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Swan Energy (TX)2019-09-17

"Is the opportunity real? Yes!"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Swan Energy (TX) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

An environment that demands excellence and professionalism. I started nearly 5 years ago as most do, with a 100% commission sales position that certainly has a high failure rate, boy were they right. I made 6 figures my first year, more than doubled the next year, but you have to bring your A game everyday. The company will back performers and promotes from within. They deliver exactly what they promise: mid... six figure income potential, for those that can perform.

Cons

You must have thick skin to work in direct sales, but every negative has a commensurate up side, and if you have the talent and the work ethic the opportunity is extremely fulfilling both financially and personally. With the most money I've ever made, and the most fun I've ever had in an office comes the most pressure to perform.

"Admin Review"

Current Employee - Investor Relations Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Swan Energy (TX) full-time for more than a year

Pros

a lot of exposure to many different areas of the work. There is always something new everyday, which i enjoy, keeps you busy and on your toes.

Cons

If you can not handle the fast pace, high stress environment, you will not last here.

Advice to Management

scheduled bonuses

Swan Energy (TX)2018-04-17

"Great Job, Great Company, Great Opportunity, if you can hack it."

Current Employee - Senior Broker in Houston, TX

I have been working at Swan Energy (TX) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding opportunity to earn top tier income and bring your sales skills to the next level. Management is clear and fair with their objectives and what is expected. You are expected to work hard, adapt and decrease your learning curve swiftly. The CEO and Managing director do exactly what they say they are going to do and will support you fully, if you are putting in maximum effort. This is a great culture... where you must perform. If you are soft and sensitive and do not want to constantly improve and make as much money as you can, this may not be the place for you. They are honest, to a fault, but you always know where you stand and they will give you the tools and support to succeed, but you must want it. If you are afraid of long hours and little time off, again, this may not be your cup of tea. If you want to operate with the best in the business and are allergic to making excuses, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for. Been here five months and made six figures, seen a lot of people come and go, but frankly they were looking to coast and were not focused. If you are the type of person that is told you probably won't make it in this business and that infuriates you to lock it up and prove the naysayers wrong, you may be in the right place. Best professionals I have worked with, but again, you can't be soft and enter this realm and hope to make it. The money is magnificent, but you earn every penny.

Cons

It's Oil and Gas, a fluid business and is subject to oil price fluctuations. What business is not subject to market fluctuations? You better be tough and intelligent to hack it here. No Cons from Leadership or projects, I dig this place.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the future and where we can go. Do not allow outside annoyances to deter you from our True Focus, Great Projects, Great Partners and Unlimited Income.

Swan Energy (TX)2018-04-16
  7. "Learned more than in any other position."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Swan Energy (TX) full-time for more than a year

Pros

High performance sales team that accept NO excuses. I learned an amazing amount and witnessed top performers on a daily bases. If you are frustrated by sales managers limiting your potential then this is the place to move to. They are only focused on the bottom line and work like mad man, but make the $.

Cons

High pressure! High failure! Worth it!

Advice to Management

I loved that they gave EVERYONE a chance to succeed or fail. Keep it up!

8. "Non-rewarding Experience"

I worked at Swan Energy (TX) full-time

Pros

Adding experience to your resume, learning to merge with another company.

Cons

Very poor leadership. Employees are randomly fired. An entire portion of the company was fired within one day without warning. Very greed centric company.

Swan Energy (TX)2018-04-19