Swedish Medical Center Staff RN Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

1.0
Swedish Medical Center CEO Richard Hammett
Richard Hammett

"Ok hospital. Good starting point."

Current Employee - Staff RN in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Swedish Medical Center

Pros

Great work environment with great employees.

Cons

Lowest pay in CO to my knowledge

Advice to Management

Your nurses make your hospital. Give them credit for that.

Swedish Medical Center2015-01-28

"worst job I have ever had"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Denver, CO

I worked at Swedish Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

the only pro I can think of would be a handful of coworkers that made it bearable to come to work.

Cons

Management is a joke, they don't ever have their employees backs and will throw them under the bus at the drop of a hat. They only care about one thing and that is money. They don't care about unsafe patient ratios with high acuity patients and no supportive staff at all. They pick on their new grads and punish them for mistakes instead of making it a learning opportunity to teach them. The environment was toxic and very...

Advice to Management

Have your employees backs instead of throwing them under the bus. If employees feel supported at work they will stay longer and turn over wouldn't be as high. Also work harder to keep your floors fully staffed, if pay was better it might make it easier to keep your staff.

Swedish Medical Center2019-02-07

Swedish Medical Center Response

March 5, 2019VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Employee voice and patient safety are of the utmost importance to us at Swedish Medical Center. We have shared your concerns with department and executive leadership to review and address the needs of the department.

"Rn"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Swedish Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Anyone can get a job, due to high turn over

Cons

Level upon level of managment, micromanaging, low pay, working short staffed on purpose. Btw Mary White is not the CEO anymore. She , like almost all longterm staff have been encouraged to leave

Swedish Medical Center2016-03-21

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Swedish Medical Center full-time

Pros

Most co workers are helpful

Cons

Management is terrible. Training was terrible as well. Expected to take on double the duties and responsibilities for low pay.

Swedish Medical Center2016-03-20

"Do not work here or for hca"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Swedish Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

very easy to get hired! The staff is nice and for the most part hard working. Doctors are super nice.

Cons

All hca cares about is making money! They force us to budge everyday and work short staff to save money. 2 weeks after I got off orientation they had me charge on night shift when I had zero charge exp and when I brought my concerns to management they did not care until I threaten to go to HR and quit. You are micromanaged and threaten to be wrote up for everything down to not having your name written on the white boards.

Advice to Management

Stand up for your employees and what is ethical. You can't expect your staff to work short everyday they will burn out!

Swedish Medical Center2015-10-20