SweetIQ "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

SweetIQ Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Feb 19, 2019

3.5
SweetIQ CEO Paul Bascobert
Paul Bascobert
Pros
  • "Great people: smart, talented and ready to roll up their sleeves(in 6 reviews)

• "Work life balance is good, at least on the dev side(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a startup so you have to be prepared for some long hours and growing pains(in 3 reviews)

• "Work-life balance was definitely compromised as you are often putting in 12 hour day without even accomplishing much(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Great growing company + Great culture"

Current Employee - Customer Facing in Montreal, QC

I have been working at SweetIQ full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are SweetIQ's best assets. My team and everyone I work with was carefully curated to ensure proper culture fit, and you can feel it. Management has seen some recent changes but honestly I'm very optimistic. Information and strategy is shared openly on a weekly basis and trickles down from the highest levels. We work in a culturally diverse environment where everyone is valued, and many management positions are filled by women, which is representative of SweetIQ's inclusive attitude. Management is constantly working on improving our working conditions and remuneration and is extremely open to feedback, in fact encourages it constantly. Very real opportunities for personal and professional growth. Several new positions were created to be filled by the right people who showed the right initiative.

Cons

With strong growth comes growing pains. SweetIQ is hiring across the board and of course we all wish this could be done quicker. Workload at the moment feels like a lot, but I can attest that we've seen some great improvement in this area since Summer 2018. Many changes were actually implemented to make everyone's lives easier and I'm optimistic about it only getting better with time.

SweetIQ2019-02-19

"Terrific team, growing like crazy!"

I have been working at SweetIQ full-time

Pros

The best people I've ever worked with - everyone is working hard and coming up with creative solutions to help move the product and service ahead. Good benefits and lots of opportunity.

Cons

It's a startup so you have to be prepared for some long hours and growing pains. Getting a bit noisy with all the new bodies.

SweetIQ2016-07-23

"Somewhere to thrive"

Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at SweetIQ

Pros

* I've been at SweetIQ for 2 years now. This was my first technology job out of University and I could not be happier with where I landed. The leaders at this company are incredibly intelligent, experienced, and hard working - they are passionate about modern technologies and giving team members the autonomy to use those technologies every day to create products. * As a dev, I have been able to learn an incredible amount. Because it is still on the border of being a startup with not a large dev team, I have been able to work on anything I have been interested in and had the desire to accomplish. The people who I have worked under at this company are very competent in modern technologies and immensely willing to teach. * Management is extremely flexible - as long as you get your work done (properly, not just done), hours can be flexible, vacation can be flexible, most anything can be flexible. * Best of all, the people who work at SweetIQ fit together to make an amazing whole - there is a great culture within the company, many of us are friends outside of the office.

Cons

* This is a company that went from 10 people to 40 people in about a years worth of time, and there are growing pains. Resources have been limited at times - if you need something there aren't necessarily procedures in place to get them, you need to ask and then be persistent. I used my personal laptop for the first six months of working, but once I asked for a company computer I did get one after some time. * Lack of resources. You will be given as much responsibility as you can handle, and sometimes you will be given more. For me this has been a doubled edged sword: I have been given the opportunity to work at my maximum capacity, but obviously this is not ideal every day of the year and occasionally the pressure is daunting.

SweetIQ2015-07-18