Cover image for Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation

Engaged Employer

Swift Transportation

Add a Review

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews about "good company"

Updated Nov 13, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,390 of over 1K reviews
3.6
68% Recommend to a Friend
73% Approve of CEO

Found 61 of over 1K reviews

3.6
Swift Transportation President and CFO Adam Miller (no image)
Adam Miller

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits which are pretty standard for most big companies.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 37 reviews)
  • "Good company to get training and experience learning curves.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Good money and i love to travel(in 30 reviews)
  • "Had a good driver manager which makes all the difference.(in 22 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Swift Transportation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very rewarding for individuals who bring work ethics and loyalty to the company.

Nov 11, 2014 - Professional Truck Driver in Glens Falls, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many reasons to work for this company. One is if you are a new driver starting out you'll get the tools to ensure your future with the company. If your an experienced driver you'll bring your good habits to the company and learn more everyday. The company rewards individuals who work hard to be on time, dedicate themselves to company and road safety. your future can be very bright with swift. To be the best in class a driver needs to bring his or her best abilities with them. Bring above average work standards with you along with a positive attitude and the mind set of Safety First and no excuses except those beyond your control to be a time management and on time professional driver. The company Will hold you responsible for ' Power Of One ' get to really know what that stands for. After all you are the power of one . It's your professional accountability and actions that Will proactively prevail your career with the company. The company gives you all the tools to succeed. It will be your actions and professional attitude along with your power of one that will build your career or end your career with the company. After all we are grown men and women in which I would want to think of as we all strive to be the best in class at all we do in life.

Cons

The only issues that a driver would have is if the driver couldn't take responsibility for their own actions. It's easy to blame a company or a person for things that a driver could of changed before hand. A great man in corporate videos taught me something very valuable. "The power of one" think about what that says to you ? This applies to all aspects of human life decisions. We are power of one. Choices we all have. You need to ask yourself each and everyday. What decisions will I make today to reflect my future for a better tomorrow ??? Come to the company for a career bring great safety and work ethics and I will tell you there will be no cons to this amazing company. It's big enough to take on the entire world for transportation needs. However it's small enough to Remember the drivers and all employees names who dedicated themselves to be the best in class. This I promise to you. Thank you. Remember no company owes you anything. You owe it to your company to bring and maintain your best.....

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The largest transportation company in the country.

Jan 6, 2017 - Market Manager in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Swift Transportation is a great company to work for that is very family friendly and they do a lot of charity work.

Cons

They don't give bonuses or annual raises, and they have done away with salaried positions and only offer hourly wages.

3. Join the Swift Transportation team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

SWIFT

Dec 2, 2020 - Accounts Receivable in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company really wants everyone to be happy if your not they will help you find the right jobs in the company.

Cons

I have not had not bad experience yet

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It has been an initiation into the trucking industry.

Sep 18, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Swift is a large company with lots of training for new drivers. It is a good company for people who can fit into a large corporate environment.

Cons

The learning curve for new truck drivers averages 3 to 6 months. You will not make a very good salary until you h ave been at Swift for 1 year.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

...

May 2, 2016 - OTR-Truck Driver in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training company and they have nice trucks

Cons

Low pay, never home on time, unfriendly dispatch on nights and weekends.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Hmmm

Feb 13, 2021 - Owner/Operator in Denton, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company driver great benefits and other perks

Cons

Owner operator hard to get best account s

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good for Entry Level

Jan 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to learn all about company from a basic level because the company lacks high level IT or controls

Cons

Unless you are part of the "group" don't expect to move up very far.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company but weak benefits

Dec 3, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company does a good job working with and developing its people and time off.

Cons

Health benefits are really expensive and although it is a cost an employer should care enough about its employees to make it affordable.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Safety

May 19, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reliable, easy place to work. Company does what they say they will and I work with a great group of people. I am an office employee and not a driver.

Cons

I don't have any cons, I like the company and I like the people that i work with. The biggest con I see is that people are always looking for the shiniest rainbow and trying to move on. we really have a lot of drivers that come back to us and get rehired.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Driver manager

Mar 6, 2017 - Driver Manager in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large company with probably more advancement opportunities for in the office types than most trucking companies. Decent job security unless you do something moronic.

Cons

Silos, bureaucracy and 10 hour workday mandate for office folk make the already low pay even tougher to swallow.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Reviews