Swifto Dog Walking Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Penina First

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"it’s nice working in a fun young environment"

Current Employee - Dog Walker in New York, NY

I have been working at Swifto Dog Walking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Both the management and the clients have always been super friendly to me, which is so nice considering the other bosses I’ve had previously at my other jobs. I love the dogs, and I love the transparency that we give our clients so they don’t have to worry that their dog is indeed being walked.

Cons

This simple job is becoming my passion and hobby.

2. "Pretty Good Company, Some Improvements Needed"

I have been working at Swifto Dog Walking part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Ability to customize your own schedule and work as much as you want
    -Easy to stay in touch with the office staff (can email, text, call, or visit)
    -Most of the office staff is extremely friendly
    -$50 bonuses for client referrals
    -Can form strong relationships with clients (and the dogs) if you chose to have a regular schedule
    -App makes keeping track of everything easy and lets client know you're actually doing your job
    -Paid meet and greets with dog and client if client requests one
    -Clients tend to be quite generous with tips during the holiday season
    -Get to hang out with dogs all day!

Cons

-Private dog walks = fewer dogs within any given time frame, which of course means less money
    -Depending on your area, walks may be very spread out and you aren't paid by the hour
    -Sometimes have to make trips to the office to pick up/drop off keys, which you also aren't paid for
    -Only get the $50 bonus if the new client actually uses your promo code number or remembers to mention your name
    -Don't expect regular tips from your clients; most only tip around the holidays
    -No paid vacation days or holiday pay
    -No raises, regardless of how long you've been working there

Advice to Management

Would be nice if walkers were rewarded with raises after a certain amount of time. At a different dog walking company I know, walkers are given raises after 6 months of good work. This is a nice incentive for walkers to keep up the good work and it would reduce walker turnover. Also paid vacation would be nice, even if it were only a week! The other dog walking company offers two weeks paid vacation per year and we get zero. Also, we receive less than half of what the walk costs the client, which makes it feel as though management doesn't really care about us even though we are literally the lifeblood of the company. So basically, management, PLEASE make your pay more competitive to show that you appreciate your walkers and all their hard work.

"Service Coordinator"

I worked at Swifto Dog Walking full-time

Pros

The people that you work with in the building are so nice.

Cons

The good reviews on here are fake. Be prepared to never receive a pay increase even after you've spent years helping to build the company. She slashed employee salaries in order to save the company money. They are the most expensive dog walking company in the city and they didn't give their dogwalkers higher compensation when the prices were raised. Also, do not have a perspective job call Penina for a reference. She will badmouth you even though that is against the law.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and fairness.

Swifto Dog Walking Response

Jan 27, 2017 – CEO and Founder

Dear Previous employee,
    The job as a service coordinator is not for everyone. It requires both strong interpersonal skills and analytical skills to exceed at this job. It also requires a high level... More

4. "You can really earn as much as you want..."

Current Employee - Dog Walker in New York, NY

I have been working at Swifto Dog Walking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at other dog walking companies beforehand, and there was never enough work to go around. At Swifto it’s the opposite, there are so many dog walks available, that it’s nice to know that if I want to I can work harder and thus earn more money. Every dog I walked has always been friendly and I absolutely fell in love with each of my dogs. I’m doing a PHD now, and it’s nice to earn some money on the side, while spending time with dogs.

Cons

I know this job has no big scope and career inclination but i am happy with it as I love walking with dogs.

5. "Flexibility is Key"

Current Employee - Dog Walker in New York, NY

Pros

I love the fact that I get to set my own schedule, I’m a writer and need some additional time to think and write, so this job is perfect for me. I have 5 regular dogs that I walk every day, and I love them with all my heart. Sometimes I feel as if they’re my own, and I can’t see my life without them.

Cons

Although it is not a career oriented job but as a writer it gives me relaxation and thinking time.

Advice to Management

keep it up the good work.

"This is the best job in the world"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Swifto Dog Walking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve dreamed of being a dog walker my whole life, but was told that it’s not an appropriate way to make a living, and that I should go to college and get an education. I did that, and now have a masters in social work, but my passion for dogs never went away. I applied to Swifto 2 years ago, and have been walking dogs ever since.

Cons

Yes, I’m not earning as much as my friends who are social workers, but boy am I happier than them. I get to spend my day around dogs, and loving and caring for each of them couldn’t be more fulfilling.

7. "GREAT"

I have been working at Swifto Dog Walking part-time

Pros

Flexible ! If you're a dog lover this is the job for you. Most owners are very nice ! good pay and great networking if you use your time right.

Cons

The weather can obviously be a drag at times, you also have lots of dogs on you at one time occasionally so you must be prepared for the worst.

8. "Great learning experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Very well organized and great management

Cons

The dogs sometimes pooped on me

Advice to Management

Keep walkin

9. "Great Experience !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I've been working at Swifto for just over 3 months now, and I'm loving it! I've worked at other dog walking companies before, but they don't even come close to the level of service Swifto provides, and as a dog walker, that's just great.

They don't do pack walks, and you are insured if anything happens to you, so that takes some worries off my mind.

In addition, they have such adorable dogs, and what's better than actually getting paid to walk dogs all day?
    I love their app, it's super helpful, and they're constantly adding more features to make our lives as dog walkers better. I also like how communicative they are, and they always respond to my questions within a few hours.

Cons

All in all, I love Swifto, I love the team, and now that I got a Christmas gift from them, I love them even more!

10. "I appreciate the innovation, care and attention to details"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ

I have been working at Swifto Dog Walking full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really love working here. I love how much the team really cares about both the dogs and the dog walkers. It is truly an innovative workplace, and they're constantly improving. In addition, they really are paying great attention to detail, making everybody's life a lot easier.

Cons

I wish I can meet all the dogs every single day:)

Advice to Management

Keep it up