Swingle Collins & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 26, 2018

4.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Independent Insurance Agency!"

Current Employee - Commercial Producer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Commercial Producer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Swingle Collins & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The people! Everyone at SCA eventually becomes family to you.

2. The atmosphere - the culture is a learning mentality which means everyone is always trying to improve and become better.

3. The culture - everyone helps each other out and always willing to lend a helping hand to one another. All successes are celebrated as a team.

4. The staff - probably the best in the industry.

Cons

Growing pains - the agency is growing so the pains associated with a company that is expanding is definitely felt. However, management does a great job of communicating and leveling everyone out on future plans.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "#bestjobever"

Current Employee - Commercial Insurance Broker in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Commercial Insurance Broker in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Swingle Collins & Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best pay in the industry. The organization is committed to investing in their employees. The culture is great. You can trust the people you work with. And everyone is willing to help.

Cons

Did not join the team sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great employee appreciation events!

3. "This is not work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Swingle Collins & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Company culture has dramatically improved over the last 7-months as a result of the implementation of systems that ensure the mission to make employees first.
    * Truly an incredible management team that is committed to serving customers, staff and carriers.
    * Unlimited opportunities for those willing to work and learn.
    * The absolute best commercial, personal, and benefits practitioners on our planet.
    * I would love to see a company that maintains a better culture than Swingle, Collins and Associates in 2019 and beyond!

Cons

* The rapid growth created a lack of accountability on cultural health. The suits hired a fresh, determined and very experienced culture team that showed them the light and have flipped the old ways out like Jo Jo the circus clown!

4. "Business is Booming -- Growth, Culture & Plenty of Opportunities"

Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Swingle Collins & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-- Voted one of America's Best Agencies to Work For - Insurance Journal (Oct 2018) ... based on employee feedback.
    -- Agency growth is outstanding
    -- Huge focus on new client and new talent acquisition
    -- Education for all staff is a priority
    -- Senior Leadership is very involved with coaching and mentoring
    -- The culture is one of inclusion and engagement
    -- Big emphasis on Customer Service ... and it's evident with all team members
    -- Office environment and facilities are outstanding after 2018 expansion and renovation

Cons

-- Although it is improving, a continued effort around internal communication needs to remain a priority.

Advice to Management

Continue to identify great talent in the marketplace -- build the pipeline for the planned growth.

5. "Swingle Collins is an amazing place to work and provides an unbelievable sales career."

Current Employee - Producer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Swingle Collins & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong management team that cares about its people. Great perpetuation plan gives its young producers an aiming point/goal. Big focus on education. Fun, young culture/atmosphere. No limitations on sales opportunities. Strong carrier relationships help get the job done, whether it is closing the deal or closing the claim. Unbelievable earning potential. Benefits are unbeatable. Flexible schedule. Newly renovated office. Soda dispenser in the kitchen.

Cons

Would love to add a claims manager or loss control rep to the team

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the resources and mentorship to the young producers. We have to be able to provide enough guidance in order to properly grow.

6. "Great Learning Environment and Great People"

I have been working at Swingle Collins & Associates full-time

Pros

The culture, environment, and mission of the company all line up to make this agency a really great place to be a part of. Everyone from top to bottom has their doors open for any help, and the team focus really is noticeable. Leadership here wants to equip you to learn and succeed at a rate and path that fits you. The lack of micromanaging and open opportunities you have to plug in and grow make working here exciting everyday. No matter your background, the team here seems to do really with new hires as well as appreciating their tenured employees too. It's a fun and lively environment that contains a mutual respect among everyone to help each other out and do their best to make sure we are the best we can be. Overall I really find myself lucky to have landed here as a career and can't wait for the future.

Cons

None, maybe too much great food brought in?

Advice to Management

The future seems really bright here, keep up the great work and just know everyone appreciates your dedication.

7. "Love What You Do"

Current Employee - Producer
    Current Employee - Producer

Pros

The best team atmosphere I have ever been a part of. The partners equip you with the best resources and training to be as successful as you want to be. The sky is the limit with Swingle Collins!

Cons

There is nothing negative about this company.

8. "Producer"

Current Employee - Producer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Swingle Collins & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company, career growth opportunities, better than fair compensation and benefits, vibrant work environment

Cons

Quick growth, while positive, means change and adaptation. Management could do a better job of communicating "happenings" with the employees

Advice to Management

Moving in the right direction.

9. "Voted Best Agency To Work For and It s True"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

There is a team feeling here and everyone helps each other out. No one is just worried about themselves and genuinely cares about each others successes.

Cons

Work from Home option - the Company is working on a plan so it is not really a con but not a reality yet

10. "Staff"

I have been working at Swingle Collins & Associates full-time

Pros

Lots of office events to try and build comradery. Some nice people. Good benefits.

Cons

Nobody is treated equal. Their long term employees can do no wrong. Lots of turnover. Management is lacking. More like a sweat shop. No culture and definitely lacking in values.

Advice to Management

Is there any?

Swingle Collins & Associates Response

Oct 11, 2018 – Director of Talent

We appreciate your feedback. Running a Company takes a lot of work and we are committed to doing it right. We have made significant key management acquisitions to address your concerns. We will... More