Swinton Insurance "call centre" Reviews | Glassdoor

Swinton Insurance Employee Reviews about "call centre"

Updated Dec 4, 2019

2.6
Swinton Insurance Managing Director Scott Kennedy (no image)
Scott Kennedy
Pros
  • "Great people in each department(in 20 reviews)

• "Not a bad company to work for, good people to work with(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "the call centre / head office in Manchester will be gone within 2 years when it starts functioning out of King Stoke(in 21 reviews)

• "Head office location not the easiest to get to(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "call centre"

Return to all Reviews

"Profits over customer care"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, full sick pay, good wellbeing programs.

Cons

Went from being a ‘Sales Machine’ to a ‘customer service machine’ now back to being a ‘sales machine’ - currently no care for employees, no training, no observations just focused on sales. The new company and it’s very commercially driven CEO the King of Stoke.....the call centre / head office in Manchester will be gone within 2 years when it starts functioning out of King Stoke! No way will he pay Manchester City rates.

Advice to Management

Shift focus more into people and customer instead of bottom line

Swinton Insurance2019-12-04

"Colonnade were the batman , Swinton obviously the jokers"

I worked at Swinton Insurance

Pros

Redundancy monies that’s all’s anybody need to know

Cons

Let me tell you this , I would love to sit there on a TV Sand tell my story how these jokers , tried to get us to sell, From the 3 month free policies to the ADB policies do you remember them lol To the evolve to strata , OMG , we all laugh at them To bullying by managers who , let’s face staff were , clueless HR , we laughed at them , we do know because there useless block replies , even on here SWINTON it’s great to see you just being a call centre in Manchester , god we do laugh , because , the person who is the new CEO , oh dear mr , clueless is and always be clueless , you just need to look at him , Giles and the other French man , we’re much better So to Conclude SWINTON , I have , always wanted my 15 mins of fame and after emailing this message to TV , channels , I will Can’t wait for HR. , block reply

Swinton Insurance2019-10-18
  3. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Full Sick pay, local branches

Cons

Redundancy, no high street branches left, call centre only

Swinton Insurance2019-07-16

"Dissapointing"

Former Employee - CSM

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Branch Network had all the experience. Slowly they are being let go for cost saving

Cons

Call centre staff being employed with no experience and on the job training.

Advice to Management

You let the 2 things go that made the company. Local branches with loyal, focused well experienced staff.

Swinton Insurance2019-03-11

"Dont listen to staff"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great staff for now at branches.

Cons

Undertrained callcentre "get them on the phone" culture. 6 months in call centre considered experienced. dont listen to staff. Dont pay enough

Advice to Management

Should have listned to staff over 5 years ago when branch staff could see the issues. Start commercial sales in branch would keep them open. And keep the only selling point we had left that we were local.

Swinton Insurance2019-01-31

"Only a matter of time before it’s one BIG call centre!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Sutton, South Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Colleagues and my direct line manager any other pros have disappeared gradually over the years from constant changes to the bonus scheme. Now no matter how well you perform if other departments don’t deliver overall objectives you will not get a bonus at all.

Cons

Non existent “bonus”, lies from Exco team, promises of clarity and improved engagement then no communications for months especially in times of crisis redundancies/branch closure. They only invest in head office call centre in Manchester all other areas of the business left on its knees with terrible systems, crumbling offices that they can’t wait to close/sell.

Advice to Management

Put up or shut up either put loyal staff out of their misery or act on engagement survey feedback

Swinton Insurance2018-04-07

"New low"

Current Employee - CSM

I have been working at Swinton Insurance part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Line manager is superb when it comes to giving time off for personal issues , or swapping shifts to help you out

Cons

Do not believe what you are told in the interview . You are sold the dream of working for a high flying progressive insurance company however once you arrive you are nothing more then a call centre employee . This has gotten to a new low now as staff are pressured to spend their day raking through old client files to cold call them and try to sell them policies despite the fact they have left us for being too expensive or other reasons . This is bordering on harassment as you are pressured into calling at alternative times in the day to ensure that contact is made and Saturday calls are becoming the norm now as we are pressured to contact ex customers who have the cheek to be at work during the first call . Over the last week i have tried to contact two deceased customers causing heartache for the family members who have answered the call requesting to speak to the passed family member. Only yesterday i dragged a chap out of bed who had only been out of hospital a week after major cancer surgery this is leaving me and my colleagues feeling empty as we do not want to be causing this pain to people . This tactic smacks of desperation of that of a company that is rapidly sinking through a complete lack of business and industry knowledge from director level all the way down to regional manager level . They think that harassing customers like this is the answer if so why dont other insurance companies do this? Who has ever been cold called by aviva or hastings? Most of the people we chat to arrange a call back to be polite then immediately activate the block function on their handset or we get the odd pensioner too polite who sits through a call just to be nice . Then there is the flip side of the coin , most of our ex customers are elderly and really worried about rogue callers thus when we call we achieve nothing more then worrying them sick. They have left due to the branch network closing.... our usp ...... All this is detrimental to swintons business plan and although we may achieve the odd new business out of this we are fast becoming a business associated with harassing customers who in turn must think im not going to them as i will be bombarded with phone calls trying to flog me stuff !! This is such a short term strategy dreamed up by somebody completely devoid of creative ideas , possibly over promoted to a position with too much responsibility for their abilities, perhaps the same person who wasted 7 million pounds in trying to rip off sofaworks neal and compare the markets meercat and came up with the dreadful fusion of the 2 in nagging doubt .... the most meaningless advertising campaign ever .

Advice to Management

Listen to what is happening at ground level, employees are not numbers when you work for a company where everyone you speak to is only there due to a large redundancy payout being around the corner you know your people model is wrong . Employee survey is out today in which only 44 per cent of employees bothered to fill in.... please listen to this

Swinton Insurance2018-02-01

"The truth"

Former Employee - CSA

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked with some amazing hard working and loyal staff

Cons

We're to start the company would not know the truth if it jumped up and smacked them in the face.Last restructure we were advised reason behind it was the changing market and more people shopping online,if that really was the case why our your remaining staff in branches drowing in the amount of phone calls coming into branches surely if what you said was true the remaining branches would be quieter as the customers would be buying online and not needing to telephone the branches.The whole restructure excuses now turns out to be nothing more than a smoke screen as reported today covea now selling Swinton.Restructre was nothing more than covea tidying up the business to make it more appealing to prospective buyers. I hope who ever buys this sinking ship puts a whole new board in and arranges better systems and rates or the long serving experienced loyal staff will be leaving and they will be left with nothing more than the call centre staff who have no idea what there doing

Advice to Management

Got none as hopefully you won't be there much longer and will move onto a new company that you can dismantle and trode into the ground

Swinton Insurance2017-08-06

"Horrific - company has no idea what it is doing."

Former Employee - Advisor in London, England

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice colleagues in the branch network. The uniform you get to wear is ok. The company is a shambles however.

Cons

No stability constantly closing branches and making people redundant. Bonuses without targets none knows what they are aiming for. Managers have no clue. Call centre job from a branch. Every move is policed. Worse job in my career.

Advice to Management

Shut the branch network altogether. Instead of telling staff they are safe and then shutting out of the blue. Restructure senior management. Get someone on board that knows what they are doing. Set bonus targets. Respect staff you should be aloud to deal with a client without being asked why you were on face to face! When we advertise as a come and see us service. Communicate change and maybe tell staff when processes are changing.

Swinton Insurance2017-06-08

"Customer Focus Zero"

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great team at Branch level, hard working people doing there best with what they have got, putting the customer first, good holiday pay and benefits. Face to Face Service which a customer still strives for.

Cons

Ever Increasing prices, cannot insure certain people / companies because the new system cannot allow it ???? Turning away customers who have been with us for years because the system cannot quote for them as it doesn't fit into the new system techonology - crazy. No Common Sense. Shut branches down that were making money but because an external company said to shut branches they did. Not interested in the customer or personal touch anymore, will be lucky to still have branches on the high street in the next 3 years, more call centre environment.

Swinton Insurance2017-02-24