Swiss Post Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Dan Moscatiello

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Weekly pay, weekends off, young staff and new accounts opening frequently (in 7 reviews)

• They have great opportunities to grow (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Some staff have to work 12 hour shifts 4 days per week (in 3 reviews)

• Rarely do the people who actually do the hard work get rewarded (in 4 reviews)

1. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary, hands off management style

Cons

Company strategy not shared with middle management, executives walk on egg shells, looking for yes men as subordinates.

Advice to Management

Look for the potential in all of your employees, promote more from within and better communicate top down.

2. "Form a union"

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions full-time

Pros

My immediate manager and coworkers were very fine and decent people.

Cons

- The business model of Swiss Post's outsourcing is that they offer companies a cheaper alternative to hiring in-house for positions like mail-room, reception, and kitchen staff. Swiss Post manages this by paying much less and offering much worse benefits than their more prestigious advertising, finance, and publishing clients might get away with. Upper management has every incentive to sweeten their own bottom line by further paying employees as little as possible. As a coworker of mine put it once, "it's a pretty dark business".

- My hourly pay at Swiss Post was $10/hour as a receptionist. When I gave my notice I found out it was supposed to be $15/hour. My manager tried to secure back-pay, but upper management decided that since I was aware of my rate, I was consenting to it and not eligible for back-pay. These sorts of sleazy tactics are endemic to Swiss Post's management style.

- Swiss Post employees are expected to dress better and act more professionally than the employees of the company they're outsourced to. What's left unsaid is that Swiss Post employees are paid significantly less.

- Swiss Post uses an electronic time card system that notices if you arrive late or leave early, but not if you arrive early or leave late. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that's classified as wage theft.

- I didn't have personal experience with Swiss Post's health plan because I used a health exchange, but other employees told me it was terrible and that they got denied payment for routine procedures.

- All employees were expected to attend three one-hour "leadership conferences" at Swiss Post headquarters, where management condescendingly explained concepts like the "sphere of influence" and emphasized the value of hard work. One manager says that she does not hire divorced men because they're bad workers and it "isn't a charity". Another manager said disparagingly that in Swiss Post's European branches, the unions wouldn't let them do those leadership conferences, but only classes that teach important tradecraft for their jobs. That sounded much better than what we were doing.

Long story short, if you find yourself working at Swiss Post, form a union. Upper management won't help you. They only care about their bottom line.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

3. "Low Pay"

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions full-time

Pros

They work with your schedule for those who need flexibility.

Cons

They are the lowest paying outsourcing company.

4. "great"

I have been working at Swiss Post Solutions full-time

Pros

work life balance is excellent.

Cons

minimum contact with the site manager.

Advice to Management

communicate more with employees. Overall, great company.

5. "Supervisor/ Office Services/Mailroom Clerk"

Former Employee - Supervisor/Office Services/Mail Room Clerk in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Supervisor/Office Services/Mail Room Clerk in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have come to know many different people in Swiss Post on a Professional and Personal level and appreciate the relationships that was develop.

Cons

Nothing at all bad to say about the company they was good to me.

"DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY"

Current Employee - Mailroom Clerk in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Mailroom Clerk in New York, NY

I have been working at Swiss Post Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients are absolutely wonderful, the other people who work for the other out sourcing companies are great. The people I work with for the most part are awesome.

Cons

Management is HORRIBLE and DISRESPECTFUL!! Human resources Is down right now existent unless you're about to be fired. They will not pay you what you deserve. The only way to get a raise is have the government raise it. There is no room for growth, you're only crossed trained if you're a buddy with management. If you're over 35 forget any desk job, you're not wanted at the desk because all the friends and younger people get those jobs. You're hated if you're a good worker and have experience. Then management looks for excuses not to cross train you or to get you in trouble.

Advice to Management

GET RID OF THE MANAGERS AND GET A WHOLE NEW TEAM OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO WORK. RAISE THE PAY AND STOP THE FAVORTISM!!!

7. "Mail room/customer service."

Former Employee - Mail Clerk in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Mail Clerk in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They get you work most of the time. The account managers are very diligent towards helping you.

Cons

Sometimes the management would make poor decisions concerning workers. Towards the end of my time with Swiss Post, I worked at an account for five months. In this time I was only late a couple of times, and did not miss a day at work. I would always receive complaments from my coworkers and clients. In February I was told that I was going to be replaced because the client liason wanted to hire another person. I was lied to by the manager about this development. I pursued the subject, and I found out that the manager thought that I was a little slow making the package and mail deliveries. I probably was a little slow, but this is due to my taking over the position during the christmas season, this being said we had more then three times the average amount of packages to be delivered to the client. To be perfectly honest I think the manager just did not like me, so he used this for a reason to get rid of me. I thought to mysel f that if Swiss Post would stand by this persons decision, it would be best not to work for them anymore.

Advice to Management

Managers at Swiss Post sometimes are too personal. They need to conduct themselves in a more business professional manner.

8. "Solutions advisor"

Pros

Training for the position was very informative and thorough for the job duties

Cons

Management was concerned with getting assistance from other team members

Advice to Management

Allow your employees to work as a team

"Receptionist"

Former Employee - Account Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were many pros to working with Swiss Post Solutions. The locations of the buildings a generally easy to access in NYC. The staff is great and the security management is top notch.

Cons

I do not believe there were many cons to working with Swiss Post Solutions. My experience was absolutely phenomenal and wouldn't change my decision for the world.

Advice to Management

Recruit more student athletes. These individuals are trained to go right out of college. Even if they do not have the actual skill set they can ultimately develop them because of the hard work ethic instilled in them.

10. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Swiss Post Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with SPS for over 10 years, although I had never seen this site before. The company does a great job of hiring people who want to work, and promoting people who work well. Client service is very important to everyone. I have always found management to be open and honest, even when having to give news that no one wanted. The executives are always available to meet with you.

Cons

Pay rates match the market, so they aren't great, but they are not bad either. Insurance is expensive, but the company does pitch in.