Swiss Post Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Frank Marthaler

Pros
  • Weekly pay, weekends off, young staff and new accounts opening frequently (in 7 reviews)

• They have great opportunities to grow (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, no raises unless your manager and you are best friends (in 5 reviews)

• staff, who were the clients full time employees (in 3 reviews)

1. "Mail room/customer service."

Former Employee - Mail Clerk in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Mail Clerk in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They get you work most of the time. The account managers are very diligent towards helping you.

Cons

Sometimes the management would make poor decisions concerning workers. Towards the end of my time with Swiss Post, I worked at an account for five months. In this time I was only late a couple of times, and did not miss a day at work. I would always receive complaments from my coworkers and clients. In February I was told that I was going to be replaced because the client liason wanted to hire another person. I was lied to by the manager about this development. I pursued the subject, and I found out that the manager thought that I was a little slow making the package and mail deliveries. I probably was a little slow, but this is due to my taking over the position during the christmas season, this being said we had more then three times the average amount of packages to be delivered to the client. To be perfectly honest I think the manager just did not like me, so he used this for a reason to get rid of me. I thought to mysel f that if Swiss Post would stand by this persons decision, it would be best not to work for them anymore.

Advice to Management

Managers at Swiss Post sometimes are too personal. They need to conduct themselves in a more business professional manner.

"Receptionist"

Former Employee - Account Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were many pros to working with Swiss Post Solutions. The locations of the buildings a generally easy to access in NYC. The staff is great and the security management is top notch.

Cons

I do not believe there were many cons to working with Swiss Post Solutions. My experience was absolutely phenomenal and wouldn't change my decision for the world.

Advice to Management

Recruit more student athletes. These individuals are trained to go right out of college. Even if they do not have the actual skill set they can ultimately develop them because of the hard work ethic instilled in them.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Swiss Post Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with SPS for over 10 years, although I had never seen this site before. The company does a great job of hiring people who want to work, and promoting people who work well. Client service is very important to everyone. I have always found management to be open and honest, even when having to give news that no one wanted. The executives are always available to meet with you.

Cons

Pay rates match the market, so they aren't great, but they are not bad either. Insurance is expensive, but the company does pitch in.

4. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Chula Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very employee minded, take good care of their people. They believe in training their employees so the can be successful in both their career and personal lives. I was with Swiss Post Solution in San Diego, CA and was very happy with how they valued my experience and knowledge. I was awarded Manager of the month wishing the first 12 months of employment, we got awarded small site of the month, and I personally was one of three individuals selected to provide a learning speech after finishing their leadership training classes. This is a great honor for me personally, and I have never had the honor of working with such a people oriented organization.

Cons

Not enough facilities in San Diego area. Hopefully they will grow in this area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of providing your employees the excellent training you provide. Wages should be considered more when negotiating contracts. Make sure you have some sort of yearly increase included in there. Cost of living is always going up, but my personal experience of no wage increase in over 2 years was a hardship in my personal life.

"NYC location...Terrible Company to work for!!!"

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions full-time

Pros

There is nothing good to say about this company!!!

Cons

Unprofessional Manager ...Only likes Hispanic People...Drunk half the time!!!
    Doesn't know anything about computers...Unfriendly most of the time...always criticizes you...
    No raises or bonuses unless you like a $15 gift card at Christmas!!!
    10 days paid time off...whether you use it for vacation or sick or personal then after that it comes out of your paycheck...Won't pay you for Jury duty (only $40) so you can't afford to do your duty and take off of work unless you don't want to buy food or pay the rent!!!
    NO FUTURE AT SWISS POST SOLUTIONS unless you like living for $12 an hour forever!!!
    Makes promises to you and denies it!!!

Advice to Management

Hire Managers that are not partial to their own race!!!

6. "Positive Work Experience"

Former Employee - Office Service Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Office Service Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. Positive work environment. The executives I dealt with went out of their way to make my experience at Swiss Post as good as it could have been.

Cons

A full-time position wasn't available when I first started, but the company is growing on the West Coast so I'm sure there will be soon.

7. "great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to learn and grow in my time there, they appreciate leadership qualities in people.

Cons

The benefits could be better, but no complaints otherwise.

8. "Mail Clerk Job Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Weekly Pay
    Good opprotunites for the future

Cons

Management is very unorganized with no micro managment

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

Pros

I wish that there was something I could say that was a pro.

Cons

My rep. takes forever to respond to emails (if a response happens at all), everything seems to be a hassle when a question does arise and when they actually respond. Been here almost 5 months and I do not feel welcomed or comfortable with the way things are handled. I think something like heath insurance should not be taken lightly and I have tried to get my insurance information so I can simply get a check up with my doctor, especially since I have not been in almost a year. This should be an important part of a company, caring for the well being of the employees.

Advice to Management

Starting a new job can be scary and learning the new ropes is all I've ever wanted to do. I'm willing to do things the way Swiss runs a business, but I don't feel like I'm respected in any way. Responding to emails or even getting back to people in a kind manner is really a huge stepping stone to happier experience. You never know where your Swiss employees will end up one day, regardless if they are contract, part-time or full-time, respect carries on with people just as far and if not further than a bad experience.

"WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Former Employee - Office Service Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Office Service Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely ZERO positive things I can say about this company.

Cons

This company does NOT care about it's employees. They only care about keeping their clients satisfied meanwhile not taking into consideration that sometimes the employees are being screwed over by the clients. They only care about money. This place was a complete joke and they will NOT have your back, they will just toss you aside and replace you with the next person and pay them barely minimum wage. You're better off begging for money on the street rather than working for this HORRIBLE company. The HR department is by far the worst part of it too, they especially do NOT care about their employees. I can't believe I wasted a year of my life working here. STAY AWAY!!! THERE ARE MUCH BETTER STAFFING COMPANIES THROUGHOUT THE CITY THAT WILL ACTUALLY HAVE YOUR BACK WHEN TIMES ARE TOUGH!!!!

Advice to Management

Create a better management program because most managers at your sites are complete jokes and shouldn't even have a job.