Swiss Re Reviews
85% would recommend to a friend
(1135 total reviews)
80% approve of CEO
Found 1,135 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "poor management and implementations of new ideas" (in 64 reviews)
- "very average to low salary" (in 54 reviews)
- "Managers are almost all Slovak." (in 34 reviews)
- "poor leadership which is also reflected in employee surveys." (in 29 reviews)
- "The Senior management in the finance division in NYC is abusive, and highly disrespectful." (in 24 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Swiss Re and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 3, 2023Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Its a nice organisation Good culture and coworkers Less work pressure
Comparatively lower payscale Takes long time to climb the corp ladder
- 5.0Sep 28, 2023Vice PresidentCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsNew York, NY
Great work-life balance, plenty of career development opportunities
Lots of internal red tape2
- 5.0Sep 29, 2023Risk EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChicago, IL
Great benefits, work environment, and work life balance.
Some internal guidelines are not as developed as competitors.
- 5.0Sep 24, 2023Scrum MasterFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsArmonk, NY
Lots of opportunities to learn new skills. Lots of interaction between employees. Pays great and the benefits are great.
Meetings outside of US working hours.
- 4.0Sep 29, 2023Managing DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNew York, NY
Innovative company with room for growth Strong life work balance Strong and stable corporate culture Quality and integrity of staff
Senior leaderships vision, guidance and messaging can generate some confusion and uncertainty1
- 4.0Sep 25, 2023Sr. Business Development ManagerFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
- Respectful culture - Low pressure - Stability
- No feedback culture - No investment in innovation (products and services) - Poor communication from top management
- 3.0Sep 25, 2023Managing DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsArmonk, NY
Great people, really smart. Great brand and clients.
Last several years of poor performance have led to mediocre compensation and poor morale.1
Swiss Re Reviews FAQs
Swiss Re has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 2,339 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Swiss Re to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
85% of Swiss Re employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Swiss Re 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.