Swisslog Warehouse & Distribution Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Christian Baur

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fast Growing and Lots of good people (in 10 reviews)

• Good work life balance, nice environment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect long hours as a fact of life (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management (VP's) seems to be completely disconnected with their base employees who are doing the real grunt work for the company (in 4 reviews)

1. "Supplier Management"

Current Employee - Supplier Management in Salida, CA
    Current Employee - Supplier Management in Salida, CA

I have been working at Swisslog Warehouse & Distribution Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast Growing and Lots of good people

Cons

Many processes need improvement or adaptations to fit growing and changing environments, HR, Finance, Purchasing, and Management Training.

Advice to Management

Take better advantage of the skills and expertise available to get the best solutions for our customers and suppliers

2. "Director of Purchasing"

Current Employee - Director of Purchasing and Quality in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Director of Purchasing and Quality in Mason, OH

I have been working at Swisslog Warehouse & Distribution Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We are in an aggressive growth curve. The company has been actively reinvesting into the company and the employees. For those focussed and with the right attitude there are ample internal growth opportunities. We are expanding into business areas which is also driving opportunities.

Cons

As with all growth some pain can be expected. The company is onboarding as quickly as possible. Some additional work is seen in some departments

Advice to Management

More global business review would be nice to see how the Americal growth compares to the growth of other regions.

"Great Company and Always Improving!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Mason, OH

I have been working at Swisslog Warehouse & Distribution Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of good people
    Social cookout events often (some will even take the grill out and cook during their lunches)
    Plenty of room for someone to progress in their career
    Opportunity to communicate with people from different fields within the company
    Huge industry to explore
    Training sessions keep everyone up to date on current and future technologies
    Training and process structure keeps getting stronger
    Everyone is very willing to go out of their way to help one another.
    Diverse cultures
    All new cubicles, computers, chairs, couches, carpet, etc. just last year!

Cons

No cons currently. In 2016 there was a bit more business traveling than some would have hoped for but with constant improvements to processes, traveling has lessened and continues to lessen for most, if not all, departments.

"Field Service Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Swisslog Warehouse & Distribution Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

There are no cons at this time

"Great people working together to achieve the same goal - deliver the best quality to our customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Pros

Work environment is fast paced and offers new opportunities to solve problems on a daily basis.
    Peers are highly skilled in their respective fields of engineering and technical support, which makes for great camaraderie.
    Leadership promotes teamwork, collaboration, integrity, and responsiveness to meet our customers' needs.
    Face to face interaction with customers - helps grow relationships.
    Involvement in new technology keeps you focused on the future.
    Delivering new products or enhancing existing systems keeps you sharp on meeting customers' needs as each requests brings a new challenge to you.

Cons

Rapid growth sector - need more talent in specific engineering specialties to sustain growth rate

Advice to Management

Continue to actively pursue and acquire new talent at the same rate as the need continues to increase.

"Lots of Growth & Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Swisslog Warehouse & Distribution Solutions full-time

Pros

Growing company with an expanding client base. Lots of opportunity to travel and be involved in various projects. They have a good internship program in several departments. A lot of initiatives going on with the KUKA merger and all of the recent growth.

Cons

Growing rapidly, needs to staff adequately for future and current projects. Can be tiresome when stretched thin. A lot of travel. For a learning organization a surprising lack of training.

Advice to Management

Grow strategically and reward high performers. Train your staff to succeed.

"Diverse company with high potential for growth"

I have been working at Swisslog Warehouse & Distribution Solutions full-time

Pros

I worked for this company for awhile now and have seen the years of transition. You can't deny the fact that the company has grown considerably over the last few years, it has some good benefits, such as 401k, health care, vacation based on years worked, etc. I think there are some real good key players at the company that are are driving the success of the company. And there is real good potential for career advancement. For me I feel that the base pay is fair unlike other newbies fresh out of school who have their degrees and expect to make a lot of money quick. I'm sorry but in this line of business compensation comes with years of experience and hard work. For you newbies in this field, If your passionate about your work you will go far in this business. Ask the experienced guys for help and don't be afraid to take on new challenges. Yes we may seem too busy to give proper training and that's because we are however if your willing to listen we are willing to train. I think Swisslog is very generous in keeping all the employees they hire even when they're not very productive. If your questioning "what am I doing here" or is it 5'o clock yet then chances are your not at the right place and just slowing the rest of us down. I'm amazed by how many of these same guys roll in 1/2 hour late and then leave early.

Cons

I feel that the company is not connected as a whole, the different departments within the company are operating on their own with little communication between departments and this has negative consequences to our projects. The HUB I think is going to make this situation even worst. We don't need to work harder we need to work smarter and this starts with open communication between the departments. Even our customers indicate as if our departments run as separate business units. it seems like there are more chiefs than Indians as we grow larger in numbers with many landing management titles. Training is lacking tremendously relaying on the experienced employees to give random training classes that are not structured and 4DX is a complete joke wasting Swisslog's money. As I said before the base compensation is good however the talented hard working employees are not getting any overtime or bonus compensation and as our workload increases the company is going to see negative results in not properly compensating their employees for OT. What is our driving factor to keep working harder? A 1 or 3% merit increase once a year? Upper management (VP's) seems to be completely disconnected with their base employees who are doing the real grunt work for the company. HR has little to no interaction with employees unless required for serious maters.

Advice to Management

Need better compensation for those who work long hours and are dedicated in their job. Especially thous who spend long days on site and away from their families. Training needs to be improved and more structured, upper management needs to take an interest in getting departments to communicate better with each other starting from sales side thru CS/help desk. Need a better way to identify the "lessons learned" and how we can share this with the entire organization so we don't repeat mistakes. Our foreign companies need to do a better job at offering better quality and more variety of equipment with improved delivery times.

"Keeping it Real"

Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Newport News, VA

Pros

1. opportunities for growth in the growing field of material handling logistics
    2. working with robots
    3. global influence
    4. job stability

Cons

1. must have a drive to provide value and find your place on the team
    2. must be continuously motivated to learn
    3. must not be easily detoured by critic
    4. must have a "can do" attitude

Advice to Management

1. incentivize productivity
    2. start the conversation
    3. throw a party every once in a while

"Innovative and Fast Paced Work Environment"

Current Employee - Global Help Desk Manager in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Global Help Desk Manager in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Swisslog Warehouse & Distribution Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Swisslog offers a broad spectrum of opportunities to the career minded individual. For those with very little industry experience Swisslog offers positions which provide training in a "real-world" environment. There are entry level positions which vary from Global Help Desk Support to project integration's support. The company not only support individuals new to the industry but Swisslog also offers integration veterans, like myself, the opportunities to further their careers in this rapidly growing automated world. In my 20 year plus experience in the automation industry Swisslog has been the most interesting opportunity to date. Swisslog designs, develops, and delivers automation solutions in multiple settings to include refrigerated distribution centers, regional distribution centers, paper goods manufacturing, automotive parts distribution centers, and health and beauty supply distribution centers to name a few. Swisslog is definitely an industry leader.

Cons

Each individual may find their own "cons" for Swisslog. Personally, I don't have any negative comments about the company or my position.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management would be to continue focusing on training. Innovations are steadily growing and in order to maintain the companies positioning as a best in class provider of material handling and warehousing solutions; training will remain the top objective.

"Swisslog"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Swisslog Warehouse & Distribution Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people and co workers are amazing the 401 k and benefits are the best I have ever seen.

HR and all Support staff are amazing and Christmas lunch and employee holiday gift cards.

They also do an employee family gathering every year (Summer) Zoo, Amusement park, Baseball Game
    Compensation 130K plus per year at a price Family work life balance keep the money I would have taken a pay cut

Cons

Sr. Management and Planning and proactive measure to support customer are lacking.

Supporting the client is difficult with Manager trying to just "CYA" mentality and not giving employees the tools to be successful. Escape goating employees for there lack of planning to have proper personal to service the products and customers.

Advice to Management

Proper trained qualified personal has to be a priority. Invest in proper monitoring tools to be proactive to customer issue. Automate the installing process to prevent mistakes. Better software source control.