KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Swoon Employee Reviews about "swoon"

Updated Nov 11, 2021

Found 108 of over 283 reviews

4.3
Swoon Chief Executive Officer Michelle Baker (no image)
Michelle Baker

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good Benefits(in 17 reviews)
  • "The HR and the team are supportive to help you deliver at the client location.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 12 reviews)
  • "AMAZING culture and atmosphere here.(in 12 reviews)
  • "We celebrate the success (small or big) of everyone and have great leadership in all departments to learn from, but also keep us accountable.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
  • "No work life balance!! Always pushing employees to work late evenings and weekends.(in 13 reviews)
  • "clear favoritism(in 6 reviews)
  • "Managers don't have training in the areas they manage, or in management itself, so it really is up to the individual to attain the goals that are put in front of them.(in 4 reviews)
  • "What they don’t tell you when your hired is that the training is aggressive.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The base salary is horrible and the directors are the only ones who can make placements consistently.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Swoon and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "swoon"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Leadership, and Work Perks!

Nov 11, 2021 - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is heard and seen- lots of opportunities for advancement early on in career at Swoon. Flexible work environment- can work onsite or remote, with flex hours. Team Building meetings, Zoom Happy Hours, weekly & monthly contest & incentives!

Cons

It's an agency, so hours can be long. Most production roles are based heavily on metrics/monetary goals and this can be challenging and sometimes stressful.

2. 5.0

Very helpful and friendly

Nov 3, 2021 - Trust & Safety Associate in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

The folks at Swoon are very helpful and fast responding to issues. I am enjoying my time with them, and would look forward to doing so after the current contract ends.

Cons

I haven't run into anything that I would consider a "con" so I cant say .

3. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Amazing support end to end!

Oct 22, 2021 - User Experience Researcher
    Business Outlook

Pros

I would recommend Swoon to anyone looking for a contract role. My recruiter supported me every step of the way. From interviewing to landing the role and beyond. She is still in touch and responsive with me today. This wasn't my experience with previous agencies I've worked with and it is so refreshing. They are always keeping you informed and never "drop" you like I've seen other agencies do.

Cons

I don't have any cons to share!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sep 20, 2021 - Senior Accounting Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Swoon is a great place to work! An employee's voice is heard and there is always room to introduce new innovative ideas that help create employee work/life balance as well as help accomplish career goals. The people I work with are all hard-working and we all work together to accomplish team goals, as well as individual. Even though the majority of us work from home, Swoon has done a fantastic job in helping us feel united by creating different virtual events to come together and celebrate the victories that everyone accomplishes.

Cons

More flexibility with working in the office.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Swoon enough you’ll be wanting out

Oct 3, 2021 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Swoon overall has a great reputation in their field and with their clients. They have strong relationships with a lot of great clients, making many of the accounts enjoyable to work with. For the most part, the people that work at Swoon are great despite a handful of bad apples. Most people are super friendly and willing to help when needed. If you’re with the company for a while they will take care of you and show their appreciation. They rarely require you to come in office and there is a lot of remote flexibility.

Cons

The staffing industry is tough in general and Swoon is no exception. Despite the positive culture they try and promote there is not much that sets them apart from other agencies in that at the end of the day you are truly just a number. If you’re doing well, management praises you. If you’re struggling, you’re hounded down and threatened to be put on a PIP. Unfortunately Swoon is currently trying to grow at a pace that is unrealistic and unnatural, resulting in loads of turnover. Many people leave after months, weeks or days of starting with the company. They’ll hire literally anyone who has a pulse and a college degree likely because they know so many people will leave and they need to maintain headcount. The average tenure for an employee is probably no more than 1 or 2 years. They say that they value mental health but there is so much that contradicts this - it’s almost impossible to do well here without working 60+ hours a week, working weekends, and you can feel like you are on a month to month, or even a week to week contract. Will not name names but some managers and senior level employees, who should be leaders, are often unprofessional, talk poorly of employees to other employees, and spread gossip.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

The team at Swoon got me a dream job

Aug 27, 2021 - Proofreader in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team at Swoon got me a dream job and I couldn't be happier. Swoon goes above and beyond. They took the time to get to know me as a person and as a proofreader. I explained my proofreading background to a fantastic, down-to-earth recruiter who was taking notes, writing down what I was sharing about my proofreading experience. I have a feeling he went to bat for me like no other recruiter from other agencies ever had. The recruiter at Swoon was able to present me to the prospective employer in a way that got my foot in the door. I was given a proofreading test by that employer. After I took the test, the team at Swoon was able to set me up on an interview with the prospective employer, and after that interview, the wonderful recruiter at Swoon continued to give me good advice about best next steps and follow-ups. I was elated when I got the job. And this is a job I am so fortunate to have. Thank you to everyone at Swoon. I felt so supported by the team at Swoon every step of the way. I am extremely grateful for you all.

Cons

None. Again, the team at Swoon goes to bat for you. They work hard on your behalf. So, no negatives.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Senior Technical Recruiter

Aug 27, 2021 - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent support from my recruiter (Justine), she is always prompt on response - truly service with smile! Back office support is just AWESOME! Always get response within 24 hours with great guidance on insurance, payroll, tax, how to submit expense... I would truly recommend Swoon consulting in my network, extremely happy with them!

Cons

Can't really think of anything.

8. 5.0

Excellent communication, better people

Aug 2, 2021 - Senior Content Strategist in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are very supportive and helpful. Contracting can be madness when you first start, but Swoon ensures you are comfortable and ready to go.

Cons

I have to type 20 words here but I have nothing negative to say. So I'll just keep typing until I hit 20 words.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome Company! Great Culture!

Jul 26, 2021 - Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Swoon is made up of really good, hardworking people which makes for great collaboration. - Leadership is always listening to new, great ideas and is transparent with the company. - Benefits are really good. Work from Home and flexible schedules. Anniversary gifts are generous. - The Team is constantly recognized by peers/Leadership for their great work on weekly/monthly All Hands calls.

Cons

Swoon can be a VERY fast paced organization. But, at the same time, they have a work hard, play hard mentality. If you work hard and bust your butt, you are recognized and rewarded in the end.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Strong, diverse and authentic organization

Jul 26, 2021 - Operations in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with a talented team that keeps things loose and creative. The company culture is outstanding - young spirit, values both individuality and team contributions. Flexible work environment, with remote and in-person options. There’s definitely a positive energy about Swoon!

Cons

Needing to quickly adapt and pivot as priorities shift, but that comes with the territory since we are growing rapidly

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews