Sword Ciboodle Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard DeFrancisco

"Great career opportunities"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sword Ciboodle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working within a dynamic environment that exposes you to a variety of challenges that help you grow your experience and career.

Cons

This is not a well known company or brand, more a of a diamond in the rough. Lots of hard work for those willing to commit to it.

"Low Pay and 100% Travel"

Former Employee - Business Process Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Process Developer in Chicago, IL

Pros

The Deployment staff is amazing. You will be hard pressed to find another group of people that get along so well. We get along great and make the best of what we have.

Cons

Projects seem to be undersold and then Deployment needs to extensive overtime in order to make up for lack of development days paid for by the client.

Salaries are low for the area. Junior BPD's get an offer of 50k or so. Don't be afraid to ask for 10% more though, you may get it. Expect 3% raises unless you are a favorite or something.

Working on Deployment is about being deployed so expect to be traveling M-F every week unless you are on the bench.

3. "Very good junior staff, interesting technology but very out of date; has missed the new wave of CRM systems."

I have been working at Sword Ciboodle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company, allows exposure to different clients, verticals, challenges etc.

Cons

No growth or real prospects for wage improvement.

Advice to Management

Be Leaders.

"Senior Leadership Could Use Help"

Pros

Upon starting my career at the organization, I found it to be quite positive and very well positioned to be the contact center software provider of the future. The scottish culture, personality and more made this company a gem for the industry.

Cons

However, once our board member brought in new senior leadership for our Americas business unit, things just did not work. Things were not getting done and the business unit was faltering. Sales slumped, and things just did not work. The company could really use some help. New management that has acquired the company seems to be going down the same path.

Advice to Management

Preserve Ciboodle culture and change poor habits. Bring in new ideas and leadership.