55% would recommend to a friend
(254 total reviews)
59% approve of CEO
Found 254 of over 279 reviews
Updated Nov 14, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Ratings by Gender
This rating reflects the overall rating of Swvl and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Nov 28, 2022Care Team LeaderCurrent Employee
People are perfect, great experience, and your learning curve is increasing.
Company not stable, Layoff more than one time.
- 3.0Jun 5, 2022Junior Data AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEgypt, TX
collaprating ,environments, prefactly , reailbaty,imporvments
costing ,more of time ,some people in envirments not good
- 1.0Jan 23, 2019Assistant ManagerFormer Employee
If I have to give a pro, experience.
- Upper management was unrealistic with goal setting. - The management in general. They would try to make this job a lot harder than it needed to be. They wanted managers to write an email at the end of each shift about how your day went & what you did today that would make tomorrow better. THIS IS ALL VERY REPETITIVE WORK, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT IN THIS EMAIL. THIS ISN'T AN ENGLISH CLASS. - Understaffed and the owners would not listen to employees. - High turnover - At one point, our A/C stopped working and the inside of the store would be at around 95 degrees. The food was standing in unsafe temperatures, and yet they did not spend money to fix the system. - Expected too much for the pay.65
- 4.0Nov 14, 2023Engineering Manager IIFormer EmployeeBeirut
Everyone I met there is trying really hard. Very compassionate and passionate people across the board
It was experiencing hyper-growth pains while I was there and was not efficient in dealing with a globally spread out team. There was a lot of moving parts and that caused friction.
- 4.0Oct 29, 2023Senior Business AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDubai
Highly motivated and spirited colleagues with a goal to make bus ride-hailing economical and value adding to customers
Too long work hours and blitz scaling didn't work out
- 5.0Sep 11, 2023Product DesignerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDubai
I had the pleasure of working for a Swvk and my experience couldn't have been better. Right from the beginning, I was impressed by the company's commitment to collaboration, innovation, and teamwork. The office culture was truly unique, with everyone working together to achieve a shared goal.
Unstable if you have responsibilities and can't take the risk
- 3.0Sep 25, 2023Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCairo, Cairo Governorate
* Good people * Somehow good culture
* A bit of random when it comes to candidates' assessment and growth plans
Swvl Reviews FAQs
Swvl has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 279 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Swvl to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
55% of Swvl employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Swvl 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.