Sy-Klone International Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Engineering/Administrative Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Intern - Engineering/Administrative Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Sy-Klone International as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, great work environment, benefits for those who are on salary, opportunity to learn design concepts and business processes

Cons

Small company, not many full time salaried positions available, often times had to work independently and learn procedures without direct guidance

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, the company works great. Maybe try to expand the internship program to accommodate more students and a team working environment

2. "Poor leadership"

I worked at Sy-Klone International full-time

Pros

It used to be a great company but no longer.

Cons

It used to be a good family company. However, now they don't care about the employees who aren't salaried. You're not allowed to call in sick or you will be penalized. They were closed because of the hurricane last year and made us come in on a Saturday to make up our time. The morale is very poor. Management is very cut throat. Run. Don't work there.

Advice to Management

Creating a positive atmosphere may help you retain good employees.

3. "Family Business"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Sy-Klone International full-time

Pros

For the right employee this is an excellent fit. Many employees remain with the company for extended periods of time. There are opportunities to advance within the company. Veteran friendly environment.

Cons

This is a family business despite efforts to make you think it isn't. The long-term retention of employees can create empires or silos. The company motto should be "That's how we have always done it around here."

Advice to Management

Develop real goals and objectives for the company, then hire the best people you can and empower them to meet those goals and objectives. Worry less about how it is getting done and focus on the results. Stop living in the past, what may have been successful back then may not be as successful today.