Found 1,032 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Sylvan Learning Centers? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sylvan Learning Centers employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay and highly emotionally taxing" (in 114 reviews)
- "Poor management, lack of support, and absolutely no interest in the actual people doing the job." (in 44 reviews)
- "He'll work you 38 + hours a week with no benefits just to save money." (in 29 reviews)
- "absolutely no training" (in 22 reviews)
- "Low salaries overall" (in 16 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sylvan Learning Centers and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 2.0Aug 7, 2023Academic TutorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearGrand Rapids, MI
Super time working with kids, iPad program and manipulatives supported learning, evening hours.
Frequent leadership changes were a barometer of management’s values. Emphasis on cost effectiveness meant too many kids at a table. No managers on site after 6 pm or Saturdays to support tutors with discipline, parent questions, etc. Quality of tutor was inconsistent. Manipulatives were grimy and not kept well organized.
Sylvan Learning Centers Reviews FAQs
Sylvan Learning Centers has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,089 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Sylvan Learning Centers to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
64% of Sylvan Learning Centers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sylvan Learning Centers 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.