Symmetry Financial Group Agency Owner Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2019

4.3
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

"The System Works If You Work (not for free loaders who are used to skating by)"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Time freedom, culture, mentorship, ownership, leads, cash flow, tool kit: virtual mentor, power dialer, referral software, training, debt free life, plus a lot more.

Cons

You actually have to work and put forth effort. The only people that fail don't put a sincere effort in to learn the system. It works if you work.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-10-06

"Symmetry is getting rich by selling you leads, Honest review"

Former Employee - Agency Owner

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is positive for the most part, pleasant people with seemingly good intentions at lower levels of management

Cons

-lead system seems to be RAMPANT with lead distribution fraud or selling the same lead multiple times (they can’t control this because they use lead vendors but they also seem to make ZERO attempt to find duplicate leads) -Ask to see your upline’s income the year before -60% starting commission level is at least 40% lower than street comp with many of the carriers (there’s little to no margin for the agent at that level -Where do our renewals go? -If you contract with carriers through SFG, they will NOT release you so that they effectively prevent you from continuing your career elsewhere.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-05-16
  3. "Top Company Culture and Incredible Leadership"

Current Contractor - Agency Owner in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group for more than a year

Pros

The owners of SFG have developed a business model that shares the wealth of opportunity amongst ALL who work with SFG, instead of keeping it all at the top like the majority of corporate America. I am beyond grateful to work with such an incredible group of individuals I can call family. The work-life balance available to those who follow the SFG system is unparalleled.

Cons

Success at SFG requires a strong work ethic and being extremely coachable, and unfortunately not every person possesses both of those qualities in tandem.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-03-19

"One of the best companies I have been with"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want to build a business that leaves a legacy for your family, then you have found the right place. LEADERSHIP SFG's leadership is open, honest, humble, and full of integrity. They admit when they have made mistakes and continue to press forward into the future. They are not two faced or trying to bait and switch anyone. SYSTEM Trust me, if I can be successful here so can you. I came into SFG in March of 2018 and became an Agency Owner in December 2018. Only 10 months. How did I do it? I followed the system, I called my upline regularly, I went to every training that was within a 5 hour radius, I went to each conference (I went to conference before I was even licensed in February 2018), and I worked hard. I put the sweat equity in and continued to do so. You have to be honest with yourself when you start. The system works, but you are going to have a learning curve. It might take more effort than someone else (it did for me), but the results are there. TRAINING Their training is unprecedented. I have been a W2 and received less training. FUTURE SFG is not just looking at the future they are running towards it. Not only do you have uncapped upward mobility, but the company's potential is uncapped. I am just honored to be along for the ride.

Cons

Symmetry Financial Group is not EASY. If you are looking for easy go somewhere else. Good news...I have never heard someone say it was easy. It is simple, but not easy. To many people, that would be a con, but nothing worth having comes easy. Building a business, franchising, or any other opportunity would be A LOT harder than this. If you want a place that stretches you as a person and helps you grow, then this is it. If you are looking for somewhere to punch a time clock then you probably ned to look elsewhere.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-01-19

"Life Changing Opportunity to have personal growth and passive income!"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Synmetry for the past two and a half years as required me to grow as an individual, give me the opportunity to become a leader, and then how to develop into a better one each and every day. Symmetry is a simple (not easy) System to help people that have no background in insurance or sales (like me) and allowing them to have both financial freedom and time with your fiends and/or family. I don’t work a 9-5, I can do this business from any city in the country, and since I have an agency I can take as much time off as needed and still have passive income coming in! There is so much support here, the only reason people quit is because they either can’t handle calling WARM LEADS or because they can’t handle reaching out for help.

Cons

This isn’t for the average, looking for a handout, weak minded individual. You have to work! You will be paid for your activity and your work ethic!

Symmetry Financial Group2019-01-30

"Tripled Income in 18 Months"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started working with Symmetry Financial Group 18 months ago and my life has been forever changed. As a 25 year old with no college background or training, I did not know which direction to turn to in building my future. 18 months ago, I had absolutely no experience in the industry and all I had was a license and sweat equity to my name and I was ready to work. I plugged into the steps and system out in front of me and fast forward to now, I am an agency owner that is averaging 80k per month in business with a team that is continuing to grow. With the focus on personal development, I know that I am linking arms with people that are going to call me up and remind me who I am. Looking forward to many many more years with Symmetry and I am grateful and honored to have the chance to make such an impact in the lives of people I touch.

Cons

Equal opportunity, not equal outcome. This works, proven time after time, but if you do not work the system, you better not expect results. Take yourself seriously, and choose to dive in and change your life.

Symmetry Financial Group2018-10-16

Symmetry Financial Group Response

October 25, 2018Director of Marketing

Thank you for the kind review! We're glad the Symmetry system has worked out well for you! We look forward to the impact that you and your team will continue to create for years to come.

Continue reading

"You get out of it what you put into it"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing training for those who are willing to plug in, I have become a better person because of the focus on self development, best people in America to work with and associate with, people genuinely care and want to see you succeed, the greatest lead system I have ever seen, and we have fun and get stuff done! Oh yeah... We make really great money!

Cons

None! I wouldn't change a thing.

Symmetry Financial Group2018-06-10

Symmetry Financial Group Response

July 8, 2018Chief Operations Officer

Awesome review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It is so important to us that people find their path to personal and professional success. I am so happy to know this stands out in your experience. We are so grateful to be in business with you!

Continue reading

"A transparent company with values"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working with Symmetry since July 2017. It's been a little over 6 months and I am so happy that I found Symmetry. I was so broke when I started but as I worked hard with the guidance of my mentors, I was able to become an Agency Owner in 6 months with 10 team members in my agency. This is a company that truly cares about the employees and continuously helps people to become leaders. So transparent that you can see the sales volume of every agency owners weekly! If you have the passion to become successful, Symmetry will be a great fit for you.

Cons

This is a job for people with entrepreneurial mindset. If you are looking for a 9-5 job with an hourly pay, this is not for you.

Symmetry Financial Group2018-02-06

"Agency Owner"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with SFG now for 3 years. I have had a tremendous improvement in my work life balance. I have more than tripled my income from three years ago. The leadership at this company is phenomenal and truly care more about you than they do themselves. SFG has the best culture out of any company I have ever heard of.

Cons

This is an opportunity, not a job. If you are willing to be humble and coach-able you will have success here. Forget what you learned at your previous position, and learn the SFG system. If you can't do that, this is not for you.

Symmetry Financial Group2017-09-26

"Symmetry has EXCEEDED my EXPECTATIONS!"

Current Contractor - Agency Owner in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group for more than 3 years

Pros

When I started with Symmetry Financial Group 3 years ago, I came from a healthcare background with over 20 years experience in Radiology. My clients were my patients that I helped. I had no sales or insurance experience but desperately needed a career change. I worked 80-90 hrs/wk, made great income but never saw my family! I didn't get to see my newborn daughter for days at a time. What I love most about Symmetry is that I got my life and family back! Coming into a new career can be scary. But the mentors and leaders here are always encouraging and see the greatness within you even when you don't see it yourself. The SFG system is so effective and efficient that a new agent with NO sales or insurance experience can get started and earn a significant 6-figure income and build a team, all while having time freedom. For once in my life I have both TIME & MONEY. That's new to me! Being able to earn a passive income while I'm working or not, is a game changer. I also really like the fact that all of my clients are people who are interested in the products I sell. I feel like my clients came to me...I didn't have to waste all my time trying to find people to talk to. The SFG Leads system works very well! For a new agent, the start-up cost is so minimal while the potential of great profitability is so great. But what really sets Symmetry apart is the company culture! It is truly unlike anything I have ever seen. The business model is actually set up so that leadership benefits only AFTER they're team has had success. So I benefit the most when my team is doing well. The company's 1st core value is "Relationships matter, people come first". And I can say that after personally meeting the leadership here, that core value couldn't be more accurate. It's very refreshing to be a part of a culture that ALWAYS puts the employees first. I'm truly thankful to wake up every morning and LOVE my career. Being able to help families and have a limitless earning potential is almost hard to imagine. But somehow, this company has made it happen. It's certainly not always easy, but the system is always simple and duplicatable.

Cons

The only downside to the insurance industry is Chargebacks. This is when a client that you sold a policy to changes their mind and wants a refund. This has NOTHING to do with Symmetry Financial Group, only with insurance companies in general. It's similar to purchasing goods or services from a company and wanting a refund after returning the product. But as long as the new agent understands this concept, when it happens to them (only about 5% of the time) it won't be a surprise financially.

Symmetry Financial Group2017-09-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 19 reviews