Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "This has NOTHING to do with Symmetry Financial Group, only with insurance companies in general" (in 8 reviews)

• "There is a proven system in place and if you are disciplined enough to follow the system, then your success is a matter of when, not if" (in 7 reviews)

"Agency Director"

Current Employee - Agency Director in Catoosa, OK
    Current Employee - Agency Director in Catoosa, OK

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SFG has allowed me to be a full time mom again to my 5 kiddos. No more shift work and late nights to make ends meet. Follow the proven system, put in the activity, plug in, and embrace change and you will succeed here!

Cons

The only con is that it is totally dependent upon YOU and how hard you work. This is a blessing to winners and con to the average.

Advice to Management

I love the management all the way to the top! They have always had my back and are dedicated to helping me and all the other agents become the best version of ourselves. They stand by the Core Values and I 💯% trust them with everything!

"At home appointment setter"

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group part-time

Pros

At home! Yes I didn't have to leave my house which was pretty good.
    They care about your family time! I had a death in the family and no one to watch my daughter and it was no problem have me two days off to get everything's settled.
    Money wasn't too bad either

Cons

Oh gosh where do I start here!
    LEADS! Get some new leads for God sales. Talking about how many letters you send out then when I received leads to set appointment for they were basically mostly over a year sometimes 2 year old.
    Get Spanish speaking people! I'm sorry but every business should have someone to talk to Spanish speaking customer especially in Arizona. I would speak to about 4 a day and have no way of booking them when they coul dnt understand me but still had to list them as contacted. Brought both the old leads up and Spanish speaking thing up to management and they still have me crap for not making appointments. Not really given the right tools to be successful. Some one in the company showed up to people's houses and was rude. I heard it from multiple customers and it prevented people who had already been spoke to from wanting to give us another shot.
    There is no computer system! I had a customer ask me doesn't she already have mortgage insurance through us and when I asked my boss if it was possible to check they said no. So we can't even check whether we have helped these people in the past no records kept.
    They want you to use an app to talk to people you dont even really know! They will push and push for you to post your numbers on an app and talk to other workers to "help each other boost moral through the day" me being one who likes to focus on my work I was not exactly thrilled to be talking through my work day and the second I posted having a bad day number wise I had problems. Some guy asked for my number to talk and I have it to him cause he was an employee and he told me he was successful and if I didn't start making appointments my boss probably wouldn't keep me. Ironically, this is the same thing I kept hearing from my boss how much I was costing him and how the guy I'm making appointment for isn't making money either. So far from moral boosting and honestly unprofessional of an employer.
    Long script makes people uninterested. Boss will tell you they need you to read it verbatim but then when your not making appointment set you up to practice with apparently successful people who tell you they do not read the script verbatim so conflicting things all the time. They will just recycle old leads and call them over and over you probably will start receiving threatening voicemails and texts but I'm the words of my boss you just need to be a robot and keep dialing so basically not care about anything whether your giving someone the greatest service or answering all their questions doesn't matter as long as you keep being a robot and dialing. But if you don't make appointment they will chew you out and also if your appointment don't show up even though they don't want you to remind them it will be your fault.
    Overall people too much grief. The job was nothing like advertised you are basically a telemarketer harassing people of your are calling them over and over even after 2 year have gone by since they requested their info. I wish someone would have told me what being an appointment setter was like so for the next person there you go!

Advice to Management

Ha! Don't constantly talk to your employees about jow much they are costing you it's a downer. Get everyone together to decide how you want to do things so one person isn't saying to do one thing this way and another another way. Get a freaking computer system so I can answer customer questions about whether they've gotten insurance through us and for God sake get some new leads. No one wants to re shop for mortgage insurance after they just did it. I literally called someone I called a week before that told me no and they still put them in my like to call. There was one person I spoke to who was uplifting one person that made me feel like he cared and that I wasn't a burden on the company. After I spoke to him I felt confident I felt I was doing better but it was too late the company amd I were both unhappy by this point. If everyone was that uplifting and helpful rather than talking about how much they pay you and being a robot your employees might be happier. Get rid of the stupid app from the cursing and unnecessary conversation it's distracting your employees from doing their job and you've even had to go in there and say that. People are not robots I can't just forget people i think didn't get answers to their question for some nonsense reason or telling a Spanish person o her we just cant help you. Sorry I'm a people person not a robot and no it's not right. Get it togethee. Maybe take my advice ask around about who this ride employee was and maybe start doing some fixing of the damage cause it's affecting you.

3. "Customer service"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group part-time

Pros

Love it good company to work for

Cons

No cons free time on hands

"Symmetry is the REAL DEAL!!!"

Current Employee - Producer/Agent in Council Bluffs, IA
    Current Employee - Producer/Agent in Council Bluffs, IA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all--- this is a "personal growth" opportunity. By growing yourself, learning new things, and applying them to your business--- you WILL succeed. Symmetry is meaningful work! Great flexibility, unlimited earning potential, protecting/helping families, no-micro-management, great systems-level support and top notch training, coaching and mentoring! This opportunity is just that--- an opportunity. If you are a 9-5, clock in/clock out, collect the same paycheck every week kind of person who needs to be told what to do and can't see the forrest through the trees.... this is not for you! If you believe you are worthy of joy, happiness, wealth, and giving back and that you want your work to have meaning and purpose... then this is for you! As a 30 -plus year career professional, I've never felt so energized, motivated and full of purpose and worth as I have within Symmetry. Because there is no structured management, no "chain of command", and they are highly de-centralized, you can forget about "office politics". You earn what you put into it. Strange concept, huh? However, don't misinterpret "decentralized" as "chaos and mayhem". Quite the contrary! They have a fool-proof system that is "plug and play", "repeatable", and "sustainable." Of course you have the latitude to make tweaks based on your particular geographic area and client base, but all-in- all the system is solid! The company offers you the structure and systems-level support to "create" you own agency and recruit like-minded teammates to bring along the journey with you. YOU are your own HR department! YOU get to choose your team! It's a young, vibrant, and incredibly diversified company that holds no allegiances to traditional marketing stereotypes, approaches, or techniques. This is not your "grandpas insurance company"! They've re-invented how insurance is presented, perceived, received and applied to the everyday family all the way through the savvy business owner! They are cutting edge (dare I say "bleeding edge"!) as far as brining broad-range insurance products to families and businesses. No geographic territories, no quotas, and no negativity! Everyone matters! No cliques, no politics, and no whining! Ethical to a tee! Beyond reproach! DO THIS if you want a new lease on life! I only wish I'd done this 30 years ago!

Cons

Absolutely NONE !! ZERO! ZIP! NADA! REIN!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by maintaining the culture, values, and ethics throughout all lines of the company and supporting, motivating and empowering your agents!

"Great Opportunity IF You're Willing To Do The Work"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Katy, TX

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with SFG for just under a year. There are plenty of good things to say about it but here are the highlights.

- Leaders with integrity. In the world of sales, finding leadership that practices integrity can be a tough thing. Every leader I've encountered from the top down has been honest, available, and concerned about agents in the field.

- A near endless amount of support for all agents. I've yet to have a question about anything in nearly a year that I wasn't able to get a nearly immediate answer to. The online tools and resources are top notch but there is always a mentor to reach out to directly should I need help.

- The leads program is very solid. SFG absorbs a good portion of the lead costs so that new agents can have clients to help while not breaking the bank as they get started.

- You truly have the freedom to create a schedule and work SFG in a way that fits your life.

- Uncapped potential. SFG has the pathways for folks to not just earn a weekly income but also to create a legacy. For the entrepreneurially minded, SFG is awesome!

Cons

These aren't SFG cons as much as just the industry itself.

This is a commission sales position. That's amazing for some that truly want to have uncapped potential but misery for others. If you're looking for a 40 hour a week salary job, SFG isn't going to be a good fit.

You will have to grow here. I struggled early on because I wasn't coachable. If you think you know it all or are not willing to get out of your comfort zone, SFG could be a rough road.

You will be engaging with real clients both on the phone and in person. If you're not a service first, front-facing customer contact type of person, this may be tough. You will spend plenty of time calling interested clients and you will drive to see them and help them. If being a people person isn't in your DNA, this may not be a good fit.

Finally, you have to put in the work. Seems obvious to say that but you don't get paid unless you sell and or/build here. Again, it's a commission position so you don't get paid for attendance you get paid to work and produce.

"Managing Partner"

Current Employee - Managing Partner in Front Royal, VA
    Current Employee - Managing Partner in Front Royal, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with Symmetry for just over 6 years now. What a amazing life changing experience!! I have been on 15 once in a lifetime insurance carrier free trips. And make a very good passive income.

I started out 6 years ago with the question, where is the catch? This company sounds to good to be true. I found the catch, if you follow their system, work hard and take 100% responsibility for your own business, you will do incredible once in a lifetime things and find a true purpose in your life. That is if helping people protect their most valuable asset is important to you?

Symmetry has a complete system that allows you to protect as many families as you want. And you also protect your family also. The products protect families from unexpected life issues like accidents, sicknesses, loss of income or death. Symmetry puts our agents in front of families who have requested our products with our lead system. They have the absolute best (free) training in the business. And a mentoring system that no one can match.

Symmetry also allows us to own our own business in case we would ever want to sell our business we can, if we want to take an extended time off, we can. When we pass away, we leave our business to our family or who we want to give our business to.

It’s funny to read that sometimes people don’t think our Leads Work. Well, last year just my little group protected over 20,000 families. I think the Leads Work just fine. And I know they do because I currently have over 40 Agency Owners in my organization that are mostly not in the field Selling Insurance any longer. They are helping coach/mentor new agents Reach their goals. So I guess that’s why we have a high retention rate for the insurance industry.

I do think our biggest asset is the core values that the three founding owners have put in place for us at Symmetry. The one that sticks out in my mind the most is, “They do what’s right, even when no one is looking.”

If your looking for a honest company to work with, talk to our agents or come to any of our meetings or conferences. Because any of our competitors can say anything here, this is a open board, but also check with the huge billion dollar insurance carriers like a Mutual of Omaha or Transamerica and ask them who the number 1 IMO is in submitting premium and issued premium. They won’t give you fake numbers.

I’m proud to be with my Symmetry Family! They are good fun people that enjoy helping other people reach their dreams.

Cons

You are not a W2 employee. It’s time to stop building other people’s dreams. Build yours.

Sometimes we have to drop our egos and follow a proven system.

If your in this just for a quick get rich deal, that’s not symmetry. You have to learn the system and let it work for you and then you will see the huge payoffs.

Advice to Management

Looking forward to our 10 year anniversary and heading towards a 500 million dollar company in just a few short years.

I love the staff and management! They will help us reach our dreams and goals. Keep helping those who seek the help.

Thank you!

Jul 8, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Wow, all I can say is mic drop! You said it all and then some. We are so very grateful for your partnership and friendship, it is truly a pleasure to watch what is possible with the right mindset and... More

"Great place to work and grow your professional skills"

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

The training itself made the job worth it, and there is money to be made if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

Couldn't think of any cons to add at this time.

Advice to Management

None at the moment

Jul 8, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for the great review! I appreciate you acknowledging the training we offer as this is a major focus within our platform and current development as an... More

"You get out of it what you put into it"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Agency Owner in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing training for those who are willing to plug in, I have become a better person because of the focus on self development, best people in America to work with and associate with, people genuinely care and want to see you succeed, the greatest lead system I have ever seen, and we have fun and get stuff done! Oh yeah... We make really great money!

Cons

None! I wouldn't change a thing.

Advice to Management

I can't imagine how Symmetry could get any better or how the owners could do any more for us. Keep doing what you are doing, we appreciate you and love you.

Jul 8, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Awesome review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It is so important to us that people find their path to personal and professional success. I am so happy to know this... More

"The Truth about Symmetry"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team dynamics and structures are unlike anything I have ever seen. The support I get from every level of the company is helping me move at a record pace and I cant wait to smash my goals! I have been encouraged to learn and grow both personally and professionally. Wow, what difference this company has made in our lives.

Cons

The process of getting licensed it difficult but I think all states are different.

May 30, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear that you are supported and focused on your personal and professional development. Keep up the great work and keep us posted on your... More

"On my way to winning my second Trip in only 15 months with SFG!"

Current Employee - Top Producer in Erie, MI
    Current Employee - Top Producer in Erie, MI

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited income potential, They don’t hold you back, Training is available 24/7, I have met and watched people grow in the past year who were only in the business 4 months. I have made friendships with down-to-earth people who have helped me grow to a top producer with the company and look forward to taking my fiancée to Monte Carlo on our second fully paid trip next year! Thanks SFG!

Cons

We work hard, but I worked hard at everything I have ever done. Here we have fun and get things done.

Advice to Management

Thanks and keep doing what you are doing. I am just playing follow the leader with the SFG system. THANKS!!!

May 30, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, what an awesome journey you have been on! We are so happy to have you with us and look forward to your continued growth and success!