Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "What I love about working at Symmetry Financial Group is the great team work" (in 28 reviews)

• "Work/life balance back once I learned the system" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "I can truly say there are no CONS about working at Symmetry Financial Group" (in 10 reviews)

• "Can be isolating if you don't follow the system" (in 9 reviews)

"Symmetry is an exceptional company to work for!"

Current Employee - Insurance Underwriter in Swannanoa, NC
    Current Employee - Insurance Underwriter in Swannanoa, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My typical day is divided between making phone calls to secure appointments, following up on referrals, preparing for presentations, and meeting with clients.
    I have learned a lot about human nature and how to be a positive influence in people's lives.
    The Symmetry's management has been a positive influence and a constant guide to me professionally.
    My co-workers are great! They are bright, energetic and excellent team players.
    The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and learning about them and their families. It is a plus when you are able to devise a plan that will work to meet their goals and answer their concerns.

Cons

The hardest part of the job is dealing with those individuals that are not happy with their situation, but since a life insurance policy gives their family security, it is also rewarding when you are able to turn that frown upside down.

"At home appointment setter"

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group part-time

Pros

At home! Yes I didn't have to leave my house which was pretty good.
    They care about your family time! I had a death in the family and no one to watch my daughter and it was no problem have me two days off to get everything's settled.
    Money wasn't too bad either

Cons

Oh gosh where do I start here!
    LEADS! Get some new leads for God sales. Talking about how many letters you send out then when I received leads to set appointment for they were basically mostly over a year sometimes 2 year old.
    Get Spanish speaking people! I'm sorry but every business should have someone to talk to Spanish speaking customer especially in Arizona. I would speak to about 4 a day and have no way of booking them when they coul dnt understand me but still had to list them as contacted. Brought both the old leads up and Spanish speaking thing up to management and they still have me crap for not making appointments. Not really given the right tools to be successful. Some one in the company showed up to people's houses and was rude. I heard it from multiple customers and it prevented people who had already been spoke to from wanting to give us another shot.
    There is no computer system! I had a customer ask me doesn't she already have mortgage insurance through us and when I asked my boss if it was possible to check they said no. So we can't even check whether we have helped these people in the past no records kept.
    They want you to use an app to talk to people you dont even really know! They will push and push for you to post your numbers on an app and talk to other workers to "help each other boost moral through the day" me being one who likes to focus on my work I was not exactly thrilled to be talking through my work day and the second I posted having a bad day number wise I had problems. Some guy asked for my number to talk and I have it to him cause he was an employee and he told me he was successful and if I didn't start making appointments my boss probably wouldn't keep me. Ironically, this is the same thing I kept hearing from my boss how much I was costing him and how the guy I'm making appointment for isn't making money either. So far from moral boosting and honestly unprofessional of an employer.
    Long script makes people uninterested. Boss will tell you they need you to read it verbatim but then when your not making appointment set you up to practice with apparently successful people who tell you they do not read the script verbatim so conflicting things all the time. They will just recycle old leads and call them over and over you probably will start receiving threatening voicemails and texts but I'm the words of my boss you just need to be a robot and keep dialing so basically not care about anything whether your giving someone the greatest service or answering all their questions doesn't matter as long as you keep being a robot and dialing. But if you don't make appointment they will chew you out and also if your appointment don't show up even though they don't want you to remind them it will be your fault.
    Overall people too much grief. The job was nothing like advertised you are basically a telemarketer harassing people of your are calling them over and over even after 2 year have gone by since they requested their info. I wish someone would have told me what being an appointment setter was like so for the next person there you go!

Advice to Management

Ha! Don't constantly talk to your employees about jow much they are costing you it's a downer. Get everyone together to decide how you want to do things so one person isn't saying to do one thing this way and another another way. Get a freaking computer system so I can answer customer questions about whether they've gotten insurance through us and for God sake get some new leads. No one wants to re shop for mortgage insurance after they just did it. I literally called someone I called a week before that told me no and they still put them in my like to call. There was one person I spoke to who was uplifting one person that made me feel like he cared and that I wasn't a burden on the company. After I spoke to him I felt confident I felt I was doing better but it was too late the company amd I were both unhappy by this point. If everyone was that uplifting and helpful rather than talking about how much they pay you and being a robot your employees might be happier. Get rid of the stupid app from the cursing and unnecessary conversation it's distracting your employees from doing their job and you've even had to go in there and say that. People are not robots I can't just forget people i think didn't get answers to their question for some nonsense reason or telling a Spanish person o her we just cant help you. Sorry I'm a people person not a robot and no it's not right. Get it togethee. Maybe take my advice ask around about who this ride employee was and maybe start doing some fixing of the damage cause it's affecting you.

Symmetry Financial Group Response

Oct 25, 2018 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It sounds like the experience you had with one of our independent insurance brokers could have been better. We take all feedback as an... More

"Awesome Employer"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Symmetry Financial Group for two years now. This is a great company. I love that I am out in the field and not stuck in an office all day. Meeting with customers to help them with their needs is the highlight of my workday. Management is wonderful, so much more supportive than my last job. They really take care of their employees here. Probably the best sales training on the planet.

Cons

Days can be long, but, it is what you make of it. The more people you see in a day, the more successful you will be, and so I make a really good income. I do wish that I had more leads though.

4. "Best job I've ever had, last job I'll ever have."

Current Employee - Agent in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Agent in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Symmetry for almost 3 years now. When I found this company I truly felt like I had won the "job hunt lottery" because it was everything I had ever dreamed of in a career. I made six figures my first year, and have made progressively more each year since. I had no experience in this industry prior to coming to Symmetry. Everything was out there for me to learn and train with, I just had to go and get it. Symmetry gives you everything you could ever possibly need to be successful, all you have to do it use. I have never experienced a company culture as incredible as this one. I have the freedom to set my own schedule, work hard when I want to, be compensated handsomely, and make time for what's important, like my family & friends.

Cons

Symmetry is not for everyone. This is a business opportunity and career change. If you are looking for a "job" then this may not be what is best for you. If you are not good at managing yourself, you will have to learn how to do that. If you need someone looking over your shoulder to teach you and manage you, you will not find that at Symmetry. Anyone who's ever said that they didn't get enough training or support at Symmetry, didn't ask for it or look for it. Training, support, resources, and people are literally everywhere and easily accessible for anyone to learn this business well. The Business model is extremely simple, it may not be easy for some people. If it was easy for everyone, then it wouldn't be so lucrative.

Advice to Management

Grateful for your vision and leadership.

5. "I don't understand why people do not like this company."

Current Employee - Key Leader in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked with Symmetry for 1 year. This industry in general is not for the faint of heart, buy Symmetry has found a way to help you navigate the challenges and find success. In January 2018, my salaried job paid me about $5,000, I was in a different state every week, I worked 60-70 hours a week, and saw my family on the weekend. January 2019, my income exceeded $20,000, I took 1 trip to Florida to see my parents, and I worked out of my home office the whole month. If you don't want to work hard, don't work in this industry. If you have a dream of spending more time with those you love and experiencing financial freedom, follow the system developed and see for yourself.

The core values of this company are amazing. The best part is, you actually see the owners following the values. This company is healthy. It's great to make 6 figures, but it is even better to make 6 figures with people who are interested in your success. The sky is the limit here.

Cons

It's hard work, but they tell you it will not be easy.
    No benefits, but when you own your own business, that's standard. 2 average sales here will pay for whatever benefits you want.
    They charge for leads. I spent $250 my first week in the business and made about $3,500. I traded $2,000 for $20,000 in January 2019. I don't even think about it.
    If you are not willing to invest into your business with Symmetry, that is equal to not putting money in a 401k but still expecting $5,000 a month from it when you retire.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

6. "Amazing career with unlimited potential"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The name says it all. Symmetry is all about balance - a perfect work life balance. It's all in the system. The system is mostly simple steps to guide you to success, but it is absolutely genius. It's one thing to read and hear stories about how this company works, but it's an different story to experience it first hand. I started with this company for the purpose of making lots of money, and I didn't much care about work life balance or building a business. I've been with the company for 3 months and now I have all 3 of these things. The future ahead of me is intensely exciting and I am so eager to see where the road takes me. The opportunity for compensation, full control of own schedule, and business growth is literally infinite. I can say I work about 25-30 hours a week (full time) and have more than doubled my old 9-5, 40 hour job pay. I can't imagine ever doing anything else.

Cons

I'm sorry, I truly haven't found any cons.

Advice to Management

Please continue to do an amazing job helping with growth, guidance and positive reinforcement.

"Best Company to make real money"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Symmetry System is the great equalizer, but you have to work at it. I've been part of other insurance organizations and nothing compares to Symmetry. Not even a close second.

Cons

Carrier's in California not enough that offer what the other states offer. Terminal Critical and Chronic with the exception of 1! I know that this is not a company issue but a State of California issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and thank you for "Making Insurance Great Again"

"Awesome"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Symmetry Financial Group is awesome. I just found out about it by accident and I didn't know what it would do for my life later. After I was hired and went through their comprehensive training, my work hasn't been easy because like any good job, you have to apply yourself. However, now that I am really good with life insurance sales, I don't struggle financially any more - not at all, it pays really well. I thank Symmetry helping me grow, career wise, and giving me the platform to be a better person.

Cons

No downsides working in this company

9. "21 and 6 figures (I have been with the company for almost a year)"

Current Employee - Senior Broker in Bangor, ME
    Current Employee - Senior Broker in Bangor, ME

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

Growing company, awesome owners, ethical standards, high commission, work/life balance, life-changing company events, room for opportunity

Cons

I have no cons with working for Symmetry

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible work

"Rewarding career that I manage myself"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm a person who can't stay idle for long. I love goals. I love going out and meeting people. I love providing the best service around that gains word of mouth advertising. It's not always easy but it sure is fulfilling to know you helped someone make the best informed decision about something so important! Selling life insurance isn't just a job, it's a passion to help people gain financial and emotional piece of mind.

Cons

If you're not a self-starter, then the job could be harder than expected. If you're not a go getter, then there are other jobs that may be right for you... like Starbucks! but if you are motivated, then there is NOTHING to be afraid of with Symmetry!