Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This has NOTHING to do with Symmetry Financial Group, only with insurance companies in general (in 8 reviews)

• There is a proven system in place and if you are disciplined enough to follow the system, then your success is a matter of when, not if (in 7 reviews)

"Happy Business Owner"

Current Employee - Co-Founder in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Co-Founder in Austin, TX

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Symmetry's lead system <3

Cons

Costly Trials ; otherwise, the jury is still on this one...

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun & oh-so-worth-it promotions! My husband loves the competition & I love the prize$$

Apr 20, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to have as part of the Symmetry family!

"At home appointment setter"

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group part-time

Pros

At home! Yes I didn't have to leave my house which was pretty good.
    They care about your family time! I had a death in the family and no one to watch my daughter and it was no problem have me two days off to get everything's settled.
    Money wasn't too bad either

Cons

Oh gosh where do I start here!
    LEADS! Get some new leads for God sales. Talking about how many letters you send out then when I received leads to set appointment for they were basically mostly over a year sometimes 2 year old.
    Get Spanish speaking people! I'm sorry but every business should have someone to talk to Spanish speaking customer especially in Arizona. I would speak to about 4 a day and have no way of booking them when they coul dnt understand me but still had to list them as contacted. Brought both the old leads up and Spanish speaking thing up to management and they still have me crap for not making appointments. Not really given the right tools to be successful. Some one in the company showed up to people's houses and was rude. I heard it from multiple customers and it prevented people who had already been spoke to from wanting to give us another shot.
    There is no computer system! I had a customer ask me doesn't she already have mortgage insurance through us and when I asked my boss if it was possible to check they said no. So we can't even check whether we have helped these people in the past no records kept.
    They want you to use an app to talk to people you dont even really know! They will push and push for you to post your numbers on an app and talk to other workers to "help each other boost moral through the day" me being one who likes to focus on my work I was not exactly thrilled to be talking through my work day and the second I posted having a bad day number wise I had problems. Some guy asked for my number to talk and I have it to him cause he was an employee and he told me he was successful and if I didn't start making appointments my boss probably wouldn't keep me. Ironically, this is the same thing I kept hearing from my boss how much I was costing him and how the guy I'm making appointment for isn't making money either. So far from moral boosting and honestly unprofessional of an employer.
    Long script makes people uninterested. Boss will tell you they need you to read it verbatim but then when your not making appointment set you up to practice with apparently successful people who tell you they do not read the script verbatim so conflicting things all the time. They will just recycle old leads and call them over and over you probably will start receiving threatening voicemails and texts but I'm the words of my boss you just need to be a robot and keep dialing so basically not care about anything whether your giving someone the greatest service or answering all their questions doesn't matter as long as you keep being a robot and dialing. But if you don't make appointment they will chew you out and also if your appointment don't show up even though they don't want you to remind them it will be your fault.
    Overall people too much grief. The job was nothing like advertised you are basically a telemarketer harassing people of your are calling them over and over even after 2 year have gone by since they requested their info. I wish someone would have told me what being an appointment setter was like so for the next person there you go!

Advice to Management

Ha! Don't constantly talk to your employees about jow much they are costing you it's a downer. Get everyone together to decide how you want to do things so one person isn't saying to do one thing this way and another another way. Get a freaking computer system so I can answer customer questions about whether they've gotten insurance through us and for God sake get some new leads. No one wants to re shop for mortgage insurance after they just did it. I literally called someone I called a week before that told me no and they still put them in my like to call. There was one person I spoke to who was uplifting one person that made me feel like he cared and that I wasn't a burden on the company. After I spoke to him I felt confident I felt I was doing better but it was too late the company amd I were both unhappy by this point. If everyone was that uplifting and helpful rather than talking about how much they pay you and being a robot your employees might be happier. Get rid of the stupid app from the cursing and unnecessary conversation it's distracting your employees from doing their job and you've even had to go in there and say that. People are not robots I can't just forget people i think didn't get answers to their question for some nonsense reason or telling a Spanish person o her we just cant help you. Sorry I'm a people person not a robot and no it's not right. Get it togethee. Maybe take my advice ask around about who this ride employee was and maybe start doing some fixing of the damage cause it's affecting you.

"Honest. Safe. & Solid. Plant your flag."

Current Employee - Key Leader in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest positive impact Symmetry has made on my life is that of personal development. I left my 9-5 job not because I didn’t like the company, but because I was no longer growing personally and professionally and I didn’t see much opportunity to do so there. Since working with SFG , I’ve grown more as a leader in business as well as my community in just 5 months, than I did in the last five years a my previous company, not to mention the income and lifestyle my family has been so blessed to live with. I really credit 100% of my growth to the mentorship system SFG has in place with 1 on 1 training with someone who is already successful. Symmetry’s leaders really stress the importance of improving self awareness of the people they chose to partner with. The company has a high focus on enhancing the quality of life and contributing to the realization of dreams and aspirations of everyone who is in business with them whether that be on the business opportunity side, or the client side. Healthy relationships are of utmost importance to those apart of Symmetry Financial Group. I’ve never seen a company quiet like it.

Cons

The cons of working with Symmetry really comes down to the individual; it is a matter of discipline. The opportunity with Symmetry is that of equal opportunity. Everyone has the exact same compensation plan. There is a proven system in place and if you are disciplined enough to follow the system, then your success is a matter of when, not if. If you cannot master the mundane tasks that will yield you much success then Symmetry may not be the right fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I’ll see you in August!

Mar 21, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Wow! Thank you so much for the great review! I really love to hear stories like yours and the impact of being a part of Symmetry, thank you for sharing. We will see you in Raleigh!

"one year anniversary"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

System Driven - Desire Required - Proven Track Record with plenty of people who follow the system 100%

Cons

At the beginning it is the self-employed world and you maybe starting in an area with not much one on one support - you will have to travel a few hours to get in person training if you are not self driven or willing to make changes it is tough I am not saying not doable but tough

Advice to Management

More requirements on public presentations being the same everywhere your agents do one

Apr 20, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Awesome review and happy anniversary! Here's to many more great years to come!

"You CAN'T be SERIOUS!!"

Current Employee - Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All I can say is that these are the most authentic people I have ever met. All the leadership!! Usually, it is EASY to pick apart the people either competing with you or who you directly report to, but I mean, I CANT !!! and sometimes that drives me NUTZ!! They are NOT perfect, YET they know that, accept that, and OWN that and they will freely admit their weaknesses and will even seek out counsel on how to improve and grow as a person. I have never seen anything like it in all my 20 years of being in sales and being a Top Performer in almost every company I have been with in the last 2 decades. I will tell you, besides that fact that I have made no less than $250,000 a year since I started with Symmetry in 2014, it is SO refreshing to work with people I love, call my friends, ENJOY to be around, and better yet are a support structure for me rather than an opposition. Where else does that TRULY exist...I don't know, but I have been looking for that for over 20 years, and THANK GOD I finally found it.

Cons

Too many trips...Seriously....if you are a producer or Manager who does what you are asked to do you will find yourself winning all-expense paid trips from a multitude of carriers, sometimes going on up to 8 or 9 trips a year!! Now for all of you out there NOT feeling sorry for me. Combine that with kids, school, summer vacations, holidays, your own family trips and you can find yourself being on vacation and traveling at least 1 week out of every month of the year. The good news is you don't have to go, yet I haven't been able to bring myself to turn down an already paid for trip to Bermuda, The Ritz Carlton Reserve in Puerto Rico, Dorado Beach, the Leblanc Cancun Mexico, the Capella in Cabo, Ireland, London, Spain, Kauai, Maui, the Ritz in St Thomas, 8 day cruise on the Baltic Sea,...well you get the point as these are just a few of the places my wife, son, and I were sent to in the last handful of years with 4 more exoctic vacations to come here in 2018. I'M TELLING YOU, and some may not believe, it can get exhausting, but I guess if that's my biggest problem in life then we are doing ok ! My one suggestion to the carriers would be to allow us to gift some of these trips to friends and family without having to go on all of them ourselves.

Advice to Management

Thank you Symmetry, for staying true to who you are, and providing such an incredible work/life environment to Thrive In!!

"Key Leader"

Current Employee - Key Leader in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have found support and challenge in building my business here at SFG. I had zero experience in this field 12 months ago, and in a matter of one year I have transformed my lifestyle, income, and balance in my time. Partnering with this company for the long hall, and honored to do so!

Cons

I believe that everything has its struggles, but the biggest one for me was mustering up the strength to get out of my comfort zone and into the learning curve. I was uncomfortable for for a good 4 weeks, but once I got over my ego, I was able to get into a healthy place of growth.

Advice to Management

I would dive into more opportunities to give back to communities and non-profits. LOVED getting to partner with Make-A-Wish last year, and can't wait for more ways to do that!

Mar 21, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

You make some great points and I appreciate your sharing your journey with us!

"Awesome Company !"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to grow yourself, build a business and associate with some of the best people that you will ever meet ! The excellent income is a big plus !

Cons

No real Cons here. But you need to be a self starter.

Advice to Management

Keep Growing !

Mar 21, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Awesome review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

"Field underwriter"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly this company is just so amazing. They truly care about the quality of life of their employees. Family time is a must for them. They treat employees so well though & do everything to support them. I also love how diverse the company is. It’s very refreshing. It can time a few months to get going in the company and really start producing a steady income, but it’s 100% attainable.

Cons

The only con I can think of is if you are 100% broke like I was, it can be tricky getting started. Leads do cost money. You definitely DO make that money back plus some, you just have to get going first. The best advice I can give is constantly communicate with your upline so you don’t get discouraged and give up. You won’t regret it.

"Opportunity of a lifetime"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has an amazing culture and an effective process. You can earn your time and money. There is no limit and it has been proven time and time again.

Cons

SFG is not a company for everyone. If you aren't willing to improve yourself and put in the effort to succeed, then it won't be a good fit.

Mar 21, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Great review and great advice, thank your for sharing!

"Agent"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

Opportunity to build a business like none I've seen.

Cons

Hard work to start, benefits later

Advice to Management

NONE

Mar 21, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for the great review! Let me know what we can do to make that 4 star a 5 star review!