Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Associate Partner / Advisory Board member"

Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Symmetry gives everyone a place to call home. The culture here is bar non. Everyone with the company will go out of their way to help others. Because we are in the people business. Perhaps we are more of a leadership or self development company. That's why working with people at symmetry is always so rewarding.

I started working as as agent in May of 2012 and earned over $100k my first year. When I was in the field I would protect 4-7 families a week. Since then I built a small team of other like minded good people. Now that small team has grown to 19 Agency Owners. And protecting more then a 1,000 families a month. I have not been in the field selling for 3 1/2 years. My income is all passive.

Now Symmetry, allows us to own our own company, so if I become ill, or I want to sell my business, or when I pass away my business goes to my daughter and son. Wow, I get to build a legacy!!!

I work from home. So I work when I want with whom I want and where I want. At this point the Insurance carrier's send us on free once in a lifetime vacations for you and your spouse. I went on 7 of them last year.

Thank you Symmetry Financial Group for making a dream come true.

Cons

To work at Symmetry Financial Group you have to drop your ego. Many people come here thinking they know everything about insurance. That may be true, but you don't know about our predictable system. You have to treat this as a business, because it is. It's your business. You get out of it what you put into it. I you don't Listen, Work, Associate and Change. This is not a good fit for you and we wish you the best of luck.

Feb 8, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Well said and thank you so much for your feedback! We are so grateful to have such great leaders and inspiring stories associated with Symmetry. Anyone out there looking at joining Symmetry, make... More

"Proud to work for this company"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Financial security for a lifetime
    * Meaningful career with impact and connections that finally satisfy
    * Great Mentorship
    * Humble Roots & Culture of Gratitude

I am so relieved to have gotten off the hamster wheel in Corporate America. I've been with SFG nearly 3 years, at first part-time and now recently full-time. There are challenges, but I appreciate them as opportunities for personal growth. Daily support and commitment by mentally tough, successful, humble, and caring leaders.

Cons

Requires you to grow as person & to believe in yourself & others.
    This is too much for some.

"Core Values that Align with what Most People are Looking For!"

Current Employee - Agency Director in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Agency Director in Largo, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work part time or full time, YOU create your schedule!
    As you move up the ladder, you get your time AND money back if you are focused on building an agency
    Management and leadership are top knotch and have integrity(rare in this industry)
    Challenging work environment
    Clearly laid out core values that aligns with what most people are looking for
    Ability to work independently without a boss looking over your shoulder
    Unlimited growth potential
    Incentive trips every year
    Super profitable lead program
    Back office support like none other(contracting, leads, marketing, and sales support)
    Proprietary monthly bonus program eligible for all agents no matter what level(producer, capital, equity bonus)
    Just really cool people to work with!

Cons

It's mentally difficult sometimes, especially in the beginning getting started. But very much worth it if you can put your head down and work, counsel, and change. You can achieve here in 2-3 years what it would take decades in the corporate world to achieve.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working! Honestly I believe soon Symmetry Financial Group will be a household name with a large skyscraper in a major metropolitan city and a sports stadium named after them!

"So Very Grateful for this Company"

Current Employee - Key Leader in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is authentic, even though in the beginning, before I knew them or worked the business, I thought they seemed too good to be true. Now after working the business for a year as the builder and my husband as the producer, I have never encountered anything that would make me feel uncertain about the legitimacy of the people, culture, business plan, forecast, character and integrity. I have worked in all venues of the career path: corporate America, white collar, blue collar, education, and I have never experienced this level of professionalism, encouragement, and the supportive culture like what the owners have created here. We are truly valued and invested in with the most precious thing any of us possesses; which is time. People freely give so much time helping us to achieve the same or better success than they have achieved. My husband and I are planted and thrilled with the transformation which is taking place in us both and in our lives. We know we have a very bright future to realize our dreams and goals because of what has been given to us with the Symmetry business model and vision.

This is a company of leaders leading leaders and makes us the best version of ourselves we can become. The association and relationships with other "iron-sharpens-iron" individuals is something I treasure most. I am grateful for this company beyond what I can express here.

Cons

In the beginning there will be a learning curve which really, you have anywhere. You may not have a complete work/life balance at first, but still, the flexibility to formulate a consistent work life that will fashions well with life is wonderful. If someone isn't wanting to be a time manager, humble and teachable, or see things positively and as opportunity to grow, this will not work for them-but that's not a con in my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep the same heart you have for people! You are amazing!

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Partner in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Partner in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people and culture that make up Symmetry Financial Group are special. I know I am a little biased, but I couldn't imagine having an opportunity to work with a better group of people. You can make a great living as an agent or an agency owner, or you can make an amazing part time income . I am tremendously grateful to have been a part of Symmetry for the past eight years, and I look forward to the future. Symmetry is just getting started!

Cons

There are certainly challenges to being an agent or agency owner. Anything worth working for will have challenges. For many people that need a boss to stay productive or motivated, being self -employed can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

For all of the agents and agency owners out there that I have had the pleasure of working with, please keep up the phenomenal jobs each of you are doing. Protect what you have, and continue striving daily to make a positive impact in the lives of others! This company will only grow to the level we grow ourselves. Follow the core values of the company, work hard and continue to lead with compassion. There is no end in site to what we can accomplish together!

"Good"

Pros

Very good commission structure and progrem

Cons

no cons i can think of

Advice to Management

nothing

"Over the Top Training/Great Integrity"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i am a new agent and I am completely sold out with this company. The quality of training is incredible and the training available to all agents are accessible 24/7. This company has put together a system in place that works. I am grateful for my business mentors (Gus and Joane). They are amazing and are always available to help me and are people of integrity. I enjiy the multiple conference calls throughout the week because they are so helpful. Now I am getting ready to meet everyone in Dallas next week. I am very excited to learn from some of the very best in the business. Nate promised us a great learning opportunity that will take our personal business to the top. I love that this company is focused on helping families and supporting everyone in the organization whether you have been with the company for a week or lots of years. Thank you so much for operating the business with much integrity. It is one of the many reasons I am sold out!

Cons

Leave your ego behind. You need to be teachable. Follow the system in place and financial freedom will be in your near future.

Advice to Management

Continue to operate with integrity.

"An awakening has occurred."

Current Employee - Agency Director in Weaverville, NC
    Current Employee - Agency Director in Weaverville, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has allowed me and given me the vehicle to grow and use some of my untapped potential. I once heard, this was a self development company , that happens to use insurance to pay the bills, and it is so true. They are just getting better and better at keeping the agents in mind, and making it easier to succeed. I managed well over 6 figures in my first year in the industry and now just 4 years later, I have tripled my best year, financially. I didn't know you can do this much good, while making such good income.

Cons

It is not easy, owning your own business. It is not for everyone. Some people have no biz in trying to work for themselves. It takes discipline, belief, and a very strong why, for you to want to aspire for change, aspire for more. Luckily, I was the right guy, at the right time, when I partnered with SFG and it feels crazy knowing, I will never go somewhere else. Hug tight to your mentor and ride this wave, cause we have some things coming up that are going to be incredible!

Advice to Management

Brilliant guys. The gratitude is over flowing. Thanks for all the little decisions you continue to make to make us better. I am forever grateful on who you have helped me, become. So happy to have found you all.

"High Integrity"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a new agent, I am overwhelmed with how this company is managed. My upline is super fantastic and so quick to help me. Amy Miller is always available to help when needed and if I can not get her or Ben, Dan is there to assist. I love Symmetry and plan on growing old here.

Cons

None as of yet, great company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

Oct 16, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Thanks for the great review and I am so pleased to hear about your experience joining Symmetry. Welcome to the team , we are so grateful to have you with us!

"Recruiting manager"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture and overall great people to work with.

Cons

Have to be self motivated or you will never be profitable.

Oct 11, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Great review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!