Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Being apart of Symmetry Financial Group has been the best experience of my life as a career move (in 16 reviews)

• I have had a tremendous improvement in my work life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • I can't this of any cons to working with Symmetry Financial Group (in 8 reviews)

• When people follow the system, they are happy (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sky is the limit, go build it as big as you want.

Cons

Must be willing to work hard.. lol

Advice to Management

Keep growing and making the opportunity better!

"At home appointment setter"

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group part-time

Pros

At home! Yes I didn't have to leave my house which was pretty good.
    They care about your family time! I had a death in the family and no one to watch my daughter and it was no problem have me two days off to get everything's settled.
    Money wasn't too bad either

Cons

Oh gosh where do I start here!
    LEADS! Get some new leads for God sales. Talking about how many letters you send out then when I received leads to set appointment for they were basically mostly over a year sometimes 2 year old.
    Get Spanish speaking people! I'm sorry but every business should have someone to talk to Spanish speaking customer especially in Arizona. I would speak to about 4 a day and have no way of booking them when they coul dnt understand me but still had to list them as contacted. Brought both the old leads up and Spanish speaking thing up to management and they still have me crap for not making appointments. Not really given the right tools to be successful. Some one in the company showed up to people's houses and was rude. I heard it from multiple customers and it prevented people who had already been spoke to from wanting to give us another shot.
    There is no computer system! I had a customer ask me doesn't she already have mortgage insurance through us and when I asked my boss if it was possible to check they said no. So we can't even check whether we have helped these people in the past no records kept.
    They want you to use an app to talk to people you dont even really know! They will push and push for you to post your numbers on an app and talk to other workers to "help each other boost moral through the day" me being one who likes to focus on my work I was not exactly thrilled to be talking through my work day and the second I posted having a bad day number wise I had problems. Some guy asked for my number to talk and I have it to him cause he was an employee and he told me he was successful and if I didn't start making appointments my boss probably wouldn't keep me. Ironically, this is the same thing I kept hearing from my boss how much I was costing him and how the guy I'm making appointment for isn't making money either. So far from moral boosting and honestly unprofessional of an employer.
    Long script makes people uninterested. Boss will tell you they need you to read it verbatim but then when your not making appointment set you up to practice with apparently successful people who tell you they do not read the script verbatim so conflicting things all the time. They will just recycle old leads and call them over and over you probably will start receiving threatening voicemails and texts but I'm the words of my boss you just need to be a robot and keep dialing so basically not care about anything whether your giving someone the greatest service or answering all their questions doesn't matter as long as you keep being a robot and dialing. But if you don't make appointment they will chew you out and also if your appointment don't show up even though they don't want you to remind them it will be your fault.
    Overall people too much grief. The job was nothing like advertised you are basically a telemarketer harassing people of your are calling them over and over even after 2 year have gone by since they requested their info. I wish someone would have told me what being an appointment setter was like so for the next person there you go!

Advice to Management

Ha! Don't constantly talk to your employees about jow much they are costing you it's a downer. Get everyone together to decide how you want to do things so one person isn't saying to do one thing this way and another another way. Get a freaking computer system so I can answer customer questions about whether they've gotten insurance through us and for God sake get some new leads. No one wants to re shop for mortgage insurance after they just did it. I literally called someone I called a week before that told me no and they still put them in my like to call. There was one person I spoke to who was uplifting one person that made me feel like he cared and that I wasn't a burden on the company. After I spoke to him I felt confident I felt I was doing better but it was too late the company amd I were both unhappy by this point. If everyone was that uplifting and helpful rather than talking about how much they pay you and being a robot your employees might be happier. Get rid of the stupid app from the cursing and unnecessary conversation it's distracting your employees from doing their job and you've even had to go in there and say that. People are not robots I can't just forget people i think didn't get answers to their question for some nonsense reason or telling a Spanish person o her we just cant help you. Sorry I'm a people person not a robot and no it's not right. Get it togethee. Maybe take my advice ask around about who this ride employee was and maybe start doing some fixing of the damage cause it's affecting you.

"Incredible Company"

Current Employee - Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited income potential with right attitude and work ethics

Cons

no guarantees of income on results from your effort

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and being who you are

Symmetry Financial Group Response

Feb 16, 2018 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for the great review!

"Field underwriter"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly this company is just so amazing. They truly care about the quality of life of their employees. Family time is a must for them. They treat employees so well though & do everything to support them. I also love how diverse the company is. It’s very refreshing. It can time a few months to get going in the company and really start producing a steady income, but it’s 100% attainable.

Cons

The only con I can think of is if you are 100% broke like I was, it can be tricky getting started. Leads do cost money. You definitely DO make that money back plus some, you just have to get going first. The best advice I can give is constantly communicate with your upline so you don’t get discouraged and give up. You won’t regret it.

"You CAN'T be SERIOUS!!"

Current Employee - Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All I can say is that these are the most authentic people I have ever met. All the leadership!! Usually, it is EASY to pick apart the people either competing with you or who you directly report to, but I mean, I CANT !!! and sometimes that drives me NUTZ!! They are NOT perfect, YET they know that, accept that, and OWN that and they will freely admit their weaknesses and will even seek out counsel on how to improve and grow as a person. I have never seen anything like it in all my 20 years of being in sales and being a Top Performer in almost every company I have been with in the last 2 decades. I will tell you, besides that fact that I have made no less than $250,000 a year since I started with Symmetry in 2014, it is SO refreshing to work with people I love, call my friends, ENJOY to be around, and better yet are a support structure for me rather than an opposition. Where else does that TRULY exist...I don't know, but I have been looking for that for over 20 years, and THANK GOD I finally found it.

Cons

Too many trips...Seriously....if you are a producer or Manager who does what you are asked to do you will find yourself winning all-expense paid trips from a multitude of carriers, sometimes going on up to 8 or 9 trips a year!! Now for all of you out there NOT feeling sorry for me. Combine that with kids, school, summer vacations, holidays, your own family trips and you can find yourself being on vacation and traveling at least 1 week out of every month of the year. The good news is you don't have to go, yet I haven't been able to bring myself to turn down an already paid for trip to Bermuda, The Ritz Carlton Reserve in Puerto Rico, Dorado Beach, the Leblanc Cancun Mexico, the Capella in Cabo, Ireland, London, Spain, Kauai, Maui, the Ritz in St Thomas, 8 day cruise on the Baltic Sea,...well you get the point as these are just a few of the places my wife, son, and I were sent to in the last handful of years with 4 more exoctic vacations to come here in 2018. I'M TELLING YOU, and some may not believe, it can get exhausting, but I guess if that's my biggest problem in life then we are doing ok ! My one suggestion to the carriers would be to allow us to gift some of these trips to friends and family without having to go on all of them ourselves.

Advice to Management

Thank you Symmetry, for staying true to who you are, and providing such an incredible work/life environment to Thrive In!!

"Incredible Company Doing Incredible Things"

Current Employee - Key Leader in Oak Island, NC
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Oak Island, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing. This is an extraordinarily honest environment. People are rewarded based on their efforts- and the rewards are amazing.

Cons

I have nothing to say here. My experience has been positive. This is difficult- it’s difficult to be good enough, to grow yourself as a person, to achieve great things. But the support through those processes is awesome, and the achievements are worth the difficulties.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

"A transparent company with values"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Agency Owner in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working with Symmetry since July 2017. It's been a little over 6 months and I am so happy that I found Symmetry. I was so broke when I started but as I worked hard with the guidance of my mentors, I was able to become an Agency Owner in 6 months with 10 team members in my agency. This is a company that truly cares about the employees and continuously helps people to become leaders. So transparent that you can see the sales volume of every agency owners weekly! If you have the passion to become successful, Symmetry will be a great fit for you.

Cons

This is a job for people with entrepreneurial mindset. If you are looking for a 9-5 job with an hourly pay, this is not for you.

"Agency owner"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

WOW! All I can say is...WOW! Thank you, Symmetry! Thank you for the life of balance that you guys preach about from day one. I had a hard time understanding this business in the very beginning, and I heard a consistent message; “Don’t Quit”! I didn’t, and I thank god EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! I think the hard part for people (In the beginning) is they might have a tough time like I did, and that feels like it can be very expensive. Meaning; you’re spending money on leads and it’s not necessarily paying you what you want through you’re learning curve. Some frustration and fear can set in from this, ultimately leaving you parting ways with the company.

If you just truthfully believe that you can do it, and don’t blame it on the leads, don’t blame it on the system, don’t blame it on your training, etc..... It’s all about the activity. We all “suck” at this business in the beginning! Every single one of us. However, some of us believe in the owners, and the message they preach; “ Activity eats skillset, for lunch”!

That is so true!!!! Once I got out of my own way, and just went with massive activity, the skill set started to come, which lead me to be more profitable! It’s not how you start the race.......

THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY! I can’t wait to share it with many more!

Cons

It’s tough in the beginning, but reach up, and reach out. Anyone can do this if they put their mind to it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

9. "Amazing Opportunity for Income & Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Key Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Key Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited opportunity for income & growth
    Great leadership & culture
    Amazing systems & training
    Truly care about the success of their people and push them to develop themselves

Cons

Have yet to experience any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "Agency Owner"

Current Employee - Agency Producer in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Agency Producer in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having the ability to own your business and leaving a legacy for your family.

Cons

Have to get out of balance to get in balance