Symmetry Financial Group Reviews

Updated May 22, 2020

4.2
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Pros
  • "SFG has a system in place to let you be able to be successful(in 41 reviews)

• "Symmetry Financial Group is an amazing company to work for(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "The system SFG has put together works if you follow the system(in 27 reviews)

• "There are no cons in my opinion(in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"If you're an entrepreneur this is the company for you"

Current Employee - Builder & Producer in Poquoson, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, insane income potential, no boss, diverse product offerings, business ownership, great mentorship & training, leadership coaching, solid and down-to-earth values.

Cons

can't switch agencies if your upline sucks being self employed you have to find your own benefits

Symmetry Financial Group2019-09-12

December 12, 2019Marketing Specialist

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for choosing Symmetry. We are delighted to hear that Symmetry has had such a positive impact on you and your life!

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales in Mobile, AL

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great please to do business in my opinion

Cons

I have no cons to say about company

Symmetry Financial Group2020-05-22

May 25, 2020Director of Marketing

Thank you for the five-star rating and for sharing your experience with us!

"The Real Review"

Current Employee - Licensed Field Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work your own hours. Stay at home job 60% of the time. Very positive environment. Great conventions to travel and meet people. Potential to recruit everyone you know. When your up - feels amazing to be there. And once you take a turn, well then, see below...

Cons

Let me explain to you - that - it pains me to write this. This company took me a long way. But what I never realized, is if you compaire them to other brokers, they are low on the compensation scale. Start at 60% - I have had offers to start at 70% and even 85%. If you don't like running a team and recruiting, then don't bother. If you manage to write enough business to make a living, you need to get help - you would need to hire people to set appointments. Your really running your entire business and your upline will give you the moral boost. The Con is the debt - you will end up going bankrupt, owe the IRS - and probably be reported to Vector and go bust. They pressure you into taking out more lead orders, it gets expensive. Ah - you best hope nobody charges back a deal. The business is a doggy dog world. The guys who recruit are at the top of the chain. The sad truth is I made my upline thousands, when I was going broke, he wouldn't loan me a dime to save my life. I was selling everything I own, and taking out more debt to pay for leads. I was a great agent, above average - in fact I made it much farther then 80% of the new hires. No benefits, No 401k, No insurance, once you pay for leads and benefits, you best hope your buying the $30 dollar leads to get some good clients. It is really hard, I think if you make it, you probably know how to run a business - not for an average Joe in my opinion.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-06-20

December 19, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Here at Symmetry, we strive to provide the best opportunity and resources to maximize an agent’s profitability. Our unique system affords agents the opportunity to make a great living while achieving their personal goals and objectives in the short, medium and long term. If you would like to discuss your feedback or concerns, please reach out to us at customerservice@sfglife.com.

"Reviewer Headline"

Former Employee - Reviewer in Austin, TX

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

I had to write these "Pros" in order to see the rest of the reviews I'm trying to read.

Cons

I don't like having to leave reviews in order to read other reviews... especially when I don't have any knowledge of the company.

Symmetry Financial Group2020-05-13
  5. "great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Agent in Washington, DC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

income is amazing and lots of growth

Cons

you make as much effort as you put in

Symmetry Financial Group2020-05-02

May 6, 2020Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Symmetry!

"I wish I had known..."

1.0
    Former Employee - Licensed Field Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You set your own work hours so your schedule can be extremely flexible. Possibly good income potential if you’re into trying to be the top of an MLM.

Cons

Where to start? First and foremost, it’s a pyramid scheme. You make 60% commission on any policies you write up, your “manager” gets the rest. Their solution, the way they coach you to make higher commissions, is to sell more and then bring on an agent of your own, and then when THEY sell a policy, you get 15% of their commissions. It’s a pyramid scheme by definition, with those at the top raking it in while those at the bottom struggle to make ends meet. Second, their leads are sketchy. They claim there’s no cold calling because everyone who you call had already sent in a mailer asking for more info. If that’s the case, why did 100% of the people I called not recall filling anything out. The lead info contains their mortgage company, term, and rate, and the customer has no recollection of every authorizing Symmetry to get that information. To sum up everything, this could be a good place for you. If you’re motivated to bully people into life insurance policies, have $10k+ in savings to live on because you won’t make a dime for the first 3-5 months, and don’t mind telling your friends and family that you’ve joined the bottom step of a pyramid scheme.

Symmetry Financial Group2020-05-22

May 25, 2020Director of Marketing

We are sorry that you had a negative experience. If you would like to discuss your feedback or concerns, please reach out to us at customerservice@sfglife.com. We are always open to constructive feedback and appreciate your input.

"Was great"

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

Money was pretty good to have

Cons

Too much time had to be invested

Symmetry Financial Group2020-04-28

May 6, 2020Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing this review with our community! Please feel free to reach out to us at customerservice@sfglife.com if you have any additional feedback.

"Great company"

Current Employee - New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company. Great opportunity! Great place to work

Cons

can not think of any at all that I've experienced

Symmetry Financial Group2020-03-31

May 6, 2020Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for choosing Symmetry!

"Positive Work Environment"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of positive energy and access to training resources at Symmetry. If you put in the required work, you can make a good living.

Cons

They definitely push you hard to build your own team. Even if you are new to the industry, they will suggest you start immediately with building "your agency". This seemed counter intuitive for me that someone who was still learning the basics was being pushed to train and mentor others. Definitely a MLM model.

Symmetry Financial Group2020-04-22

May 6, 2020Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Symmetry! If you would like to discuss your feedback or concerns, please reach out to us at customerservice@sfglife.com. We are always open to constructive feedback.

"BE YOUR OWN BOSS, OWN YOUR BUSINESS....FLEXIBILITY!"

Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

Great people, great opportunity, you are your own boss! The ownership is yours and you can make really great money! Company Cares about their People!

Cons

No cons except you have to work to make money. No different than anywhere else.

Symmetry Financial Group2020-03-21

March 27, 2020Marketing Specialist

Thank you for embarking on this journey with us, and for sharing your feedback!

Found 422 reviews