Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • When people follow the system, they are happy (in 6 reviews)

• A bit weary about the 60% commission, but will go up with hard work (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Associate Partner / Advisory Board member"

Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Symmetry gives everyone a place to call home. The culture here is bar non. Everyone with the company will go out of their way to help others. Because we are in the people business. Perhaps we are more of a leadership or self development company. That's why working with people at symmetry is always so rewarding.

I started working as as agent in May of 2012 and earned over $100k my first year. When I was in the field I would protect 4-7 families a week. Since then I built a small team of other like minded good people. Now that small team has grown to 19 Agency Owners. And protecting more then a 1,000 families a month. I have not been in the field selling for 3 1/2 years. My income is all passive.

Now Symmetry, allows us to own our own company, so if I become ill, or I want to sell my business, or when I pass away my business goes to my daughter and son. Wow, I get to build a legacy!!!

I work from home. So I work when I want with whom I want and where I want. At this point the Insurance carrier's send us on free once in a lifetime vacations for you and your spouse. I went on 7 of them last year.

Thank you Symmetry Financial Group for making a dream come true.

Cons

To work at Symmetry Financial Group you have to drop your ego. Many people come here thinking they know everything about insurance. That may be true, but you don't know about our predictable system. You have to treat this as a business, because it is. It's your business. You get out of it what you put into it. I you don't Listen, Work, Associate and Change. This is not a good fit for you and we wish you the best of luck.

Symmetry Financial Group Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Well said and thank you so much for your feedback! We are so grateful to have such great leaders and inspiring stories associated with Symmetry. Anyone out there looking at joining Symmetry, make... More

2. "Awesome opportunity, Great company, best culture"

Current Employee - Key Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture.
    Great Leaders.
    Fantastic Compensation.
    All the products that are available.
    Best, least expensive leads in the industry.

Cons

Hard work, but in order to be successful, hard works is always necessary.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing. Proud to be part of this company.

3. "I cant imagine there is a better company out there to work for!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Miami, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great earnings. I'm making more money that ever and having fun doing it. Symmetry has the best people you'll find. From the owners, who are hands on, to the managers, which I hope to be soon. The best products available. The best leads that are much lower cost than any other company. There are so many things I cant put it all down here.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I'm so proud to be part of such a great group of people. I just hope the company continues to operate the way it does now. Dont change anything!

"I'm grateful I found SFG."

Current Employee - Key Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm self employed but I'm not on my own..I have many mentors within SFG that have held me by the hand and coached me over my first year. 100% expert support and training. If you google "entrepreneur magazine company culture" you will read SFG was voted tops for the company culture they have created throughout the USA...Its a well deserved award. The leadership is amazing.
    I earned a 6 figure income in my first 10 months.

Cons

Its a simple industry and niche to master (mortgage protection) if your willing to work hard.
    At the end of each day I'm often exhausted...Tired in a good way if your your wanting a challenge...No real Cons....I make a lot of phone calls 2 days a week and then drive to help new homeowners 3 days a week...the only con is I'm mentally tired at the end of the week...Symmetry is not for people looking for easy...It's a bunch of work but its worth it.

Advice to Management

Management is great...no advice...just keep doing what your doing!

5. "Best Opportunity for Any Go-Getter!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The System at Symmetry to be successful: If you will follow the system and take action, it is irrefutable. It works!

Cons

If you are honest with yourself - can get up and go to work, plug into the system and are persistent with your learning and activity, there are no Cons at Symmetry!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the continued transparency!

6. "An opportunity to live a special life."

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Doing somethong that helps other people is so fulfilling. Helping families get mortgage protection coverage while providing more for my family that I could have ever imagined possible.

Cons

I spent so many years not knowing about Symmetry Financial Group.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You have truly built something that is special!

7. "Regional Agency Director"

Current Employee - Regional Agency Director in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Agency Director in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Turnkey sales system great for independent minded entrepreneurs. Business ownership without costly overhead. An opportunity to build something that will last generations.

Cons

Not a get-rich quick. Will require hard work, emotional labor, leadership development, people skills and a desire for self improvement (aka change).

Advice to Management

Extremely grateful for the platform created in a spirit of abundance and generosity with a share-the-wealth perspective. It's not lonely at the top because the owners have invited everyone to join them--people who share a like-minded vision for their lives, lifestyle, and future. We are so grateful.

8. "Plug in and go!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Best leads in the industry
    - Great comps with a clear path for growth
    - Out of the box system great for producers and builders
    - The best culture with ownership that takes care of people

Cons

You have to be able to manage your own time and stay focused on the tasks that make you a winner. To many people expect to put in little effort and get big returns, they will fall off quick here.

Advice to Management

Improved agent contracting would be a huge plus and I know you are working on it. Keep up the great work!

9. "My review on symmetry"

Former Employee - Sales in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Savannah, GA

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good leaders good program good money

Cons

Did not fit my style not there fault

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the little guy they make big guys

10. "Work for a company that cares!"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Symmetry have poured into me. I have never been a part of a system and culture that does so much to help with my growth. They really live by their values and take care of people first.

Cons

Like others have said this is commission only so that comes with some challenges. But with hard work and perseverance this has become a very lucrative and meaningful career.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do!

Symmetry Financial Group Response

Jul 5, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to have you on board with us!